• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Nash Told Byron Scott He ‘Didn’t Feel Quite Right’

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, another high draft pick would be nice, to go along with Randle next season. Just the wait of all this sucks balls. :L

You better hope it's a top 5 pick, if not, it's the Suns pick. And I don't think Kobe will let the team lose 55+ games it will take to get a top 5 pick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point tanking it again or aiming for a draft pick. Next years draft is projected to be extremely weak.

Keep Nash this year to mentor the younger guys and next year we have an extra $9m to lure a FA in.

I wouldn't go that far. It's not the 2013 draft. It just looks weak based on how loaded this previous draft was. There's still value in having a high pick. And if the league votes to reform the draft this year, LA could benefit greatly. There's some plans out there that involve increasing the odds for all lottery teams at getting the top pick, a plan to increase the lottery to the first 5 spots (currently its just the top 3), or a combination of both.

If they do both, it helps LA out tremendously. Winning one of those top 5 lottery spots would mean LA keeps its pick this year, otherwise it goes to Phoenix. That means LA could have a Top 5 lottery prospect and another 1st rounder from Houston (likely around 19th). Pair those up with Randle and hopefully Clarkson, and you've got a very nice core of emerging stars and role players that will be fairly attractive come 2016, when LA tries to lure many stars (including Durant) with its dump truck load of cap room.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is going to have a hernia getting out of bed. I say he'll play 10 games and 5 minutes in each. The dude is a walking MASH unit all of a sudden.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better hope it's a top 5 pick, if not, it's the Suns pick. And I don't think Kobe will let the team lose 55+ games it will take to get a top 5 pick.

If the Lakers experience a rash of injuries again this year and make the lottery then I doubt the NBA lets them fall out of the top 5. It's just not good for business.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an embarrassment this guy is; hanging on for a check! Anyone else with any kind of self-respect would have retired or agreed to an alternative job behind the scenes! What good is a 40 year old injured guard? Just slimy! :noidea: :L :scratch:

Would you give up almost $10 million?

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers experience a rash of injuries again this year and make the lottery then I doubt the NBA lets them fall out of the top 5. It's just not good for business.

It wouldn't be the first time things were manipulated to save the Lakers! When I lived in Sacramento, I seem to remember Stern changed the first round playoff series from best of 5 to best of 7 when the Kings were good and ran away with the Pacific Division! It may take a few years, but I'll be glad when the so called best Commissioner is exposed for being one of the shadiest characters around! :whistle: :doh:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be the first time things were manipulated to save the Lakers! When I lived in Sacramento, I seem to remember Stern changed the first round playoff series from best of 5 to best of 7 when the Kings were good and ran away with the Pacific Division! It may take a few years, but I'll be glad when the so called best Commissioner is exposed for being one of the shadiest characters around! :whistle: :doh:

Sacramento choked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Sacramento was that good, it shouldn't have mattered whether the 1st round was 5, 7 or 15 games. Nice conspiracy theory though. :tinfoil3:

The NBA expanded the opening round of the playoffs from 5 to 7 games for the same reason that they expanded the first round from 3 games to 5 and the same reason there are now 3 rounds of playoffs series to get to the finals instead of 2.

It's also the same reason MLB has wildcards now and the same reason the NFL expanded their playoffs several years ago and is considering expanding the season to 18 games.

More games = More money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Lakers are preparing a request for a disabled-player exception from the NBA, though it could take weeks to get it. If granted permission, they can use about half of Nash's $9.7-million salary to sign a player by March 10, either via free agency ($4.85-million maximum), trade ($4.95-million maximum incoming salary) or waiver claim ($4.85-million maximum salary). Any player the Lakers acquired with the exception could sign only a one-year deal. The exception would expire if it remained unused and the Lakers somehow traded Nash to another team."