• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stereaming or screaming?

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I love watching movies. We thought we would get a jump on things and bought a 8K Samsung QN800D 75” NEO QLED Smart TV. About the best TV you could buy. Thinking 8K was going to be booming. Nope. We spent well over $3,000 for it. Had it for almost 2 years now and not 1 8K channel. Oh well. Still looks fantastic.

IMG_4368.jpeg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I love watching movies. We thought we would get a jump on things and bought a 8K Samsung QN800D 75” NEO QLED Smart TV. About the best TV you could buy. Thinking 8K was going to be booming. Nope. We spent well over $3,000 for it. Had it for almost 2 years now and not 1 8K channel. Oh well. Still looks fantastic.

View attachment 373370

8K is likely not even soon come. But it will still give a great picture.

I really wanted an OLED but they only went to 83” at the time. So I “settled” for the 4K QLEDs, 85” (mine), 65” (for the missus upstairs) and 55” (for my son in his bedroom). And my cheapo 65” Hisense 4K unit for my patio.

I’ve barely watched anything inside this summer. I have a Sony sound bar for outside. Watching the latest Jurassic right now. Not as good sound as the Papa unit but pretty fine none the less.

IMG_0276.jpeg

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little history.................

On February 1, 2005 I bought The newest of the new TVs. An unheard of 42" Mitsubishi HD television. At the time there were no HD shows, but all sporting events would be telecast in HD. On February 3, 2005, Comcast came to my house to recable the television hookup to support the new HD transmissions. On Friday February 4, 2005 at 11:55 am my right arm and leg went completely numb. I tried to call my wife at her work and she couldn't understand a word I said. I was dragging my right leg and couldn't get past the kitchen table. I was having a stroke.

I shit you not, by 3:00 pm, I started getting sensation back on my entire right side. The doctors at CMC were freaking out. They said I would have to stay in the hospital for the weekend for tests. I could talk ad move and asked the doc if he could get every test he wanted to do completed over the weekend. He said no. I walked out on my own at 6:30 pm.

I told him that I had brand new 42" HD television and the Patriots were playing the Eagles in the Super Bowl on Sunday and that there was no way in hell I would be watching that game on a 13" hospital TV. He asked me if he could come over and watch the game after he checked me out.

The first program I saw in HD was the Patriots beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl. There wasn't another HD broadcast until the following Sunday when CBS broadcast 60 Minutes in HD. The rest is history.

Oh yeah, that Mitsubishi cost me $2800 and weighed almost 300 lbs.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, Panasonic bowed out of the TV market.
Apparently, they did not want to compete with "disposable" TV's
My TV's survived many trips being shipped to Japan and back.
Wonder if the modern TV's will survive months on the Pacific Ocean.......
Panasonic bowed out of the US TV market. Which is truly unfortunate.

I am not buying a Vizeo every year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first program I saw in HD was the Patriots beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl.
Tangent...

It's funny how so many people think the Eagles own the Pats when they are actually 1-1.