• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stereaming or screaming?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to cut the cable and I'm committed to telling Spectrum to F-off Friday.
I love my old TV's but they are not smart.
Roku and Fire TV have a lot of bugs and glitches.
Streaming services are like ordering from a Chinese menu.
Doing way to much studying for what is billed as entertainment!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YouTube TV is $72.99 a month and you get everything except the pay networks like Prime, Netflix, Parmount or Peacock.

My brother installed it on all of my TVs and it's his library and taped shows, but I have a library on it too. You can eliminate any channel that you don't want or add it back if you change your mind.

Right now, DirecTV is fighting with Disney and I don't have any Disney related channels like ESPN which I pay extra for in my sports package. I'm giving serious consideration to dumping DirecTV. I already have Prime, Netflix and Paramount as well as MAX. I just won't have the $126 a month cable fee.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to cut the cable and I'm committed to telling Spectrum to F-off Friday.
I love my old TV's but they are not smart.
Roku and Fire TV have a lot of bugs and glitches.
Streaming services are like ordering from a Chinese menu.
Doing way to much studying for what is billed as entertainment!
I really haven't had any glitches with my Roku or Fire Stick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YouTube TV is $72.99 a month and you get everything except the pay networks like Prime, Netflix, Parmount or Peacock.

My brother installed it on all of my TVs and it's his library and taped shows, but I have a library on it too. You can eliminate any channel that you don't want or add it back if you change your mind.

Right now, DirecTV is fighting with Disney and I don't have any Disney related channels like ESPN which I pay extra for in my sports package. I'm giving serious consideration to dumping DirecTV. I already have Prime, Netflix and Paramount as well as MAX. I just won't have the $126 a month cable fee.
I have Prime Netflix Paramount Apple and Fubo in the Fall.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Prime Netflix Paramount Apple and Fubo in the Fall.
I’m looking at similar
Paramount is free with Walmart
Netflix is free with TMobile
Prime we use for ordering
Fubo is free?
Ken is Daddy Warbucks….

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Directv and Disney got into their pissing match I liked Directv Stream

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of dumping all the cable TV stuff. I don't watch it anyway. The GF likes garbage like HGTV and Hallmark channel, and she worships anything that's "conservative" political, but it's just noise, just like "liberal" political crap. We were watching an old Wagon Train show, but she bitched that it was "too violent" so you see what I'm dealing with. (She got triggered by a fistfight, not even a gunfight.) Let her pay for what she wants.

I used to love the NFL, but now that I live in Delaware we can't normally get any teams I want to watch that don't suck. I hate the Eagles and Ravens. I don't follow baseball or basketball or college anything.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Get a smart TV I would say target one that is at least 120hz and 4k capable, don't buy bigger than you actually need a mistake a lot of people make.

2. I am an Amazon Prime member so with that membership I get Amazon TV and music plus other benefits that come with that membership.

3. As BK pointed out Youtube is $73 per month and if you want 4 payments of $63 if you want Sunday ticket.

4. I also pay for NETFLIX and I find that the combination of the three works for me.

5. How many service providers do you have in your area, you are likely very limited.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some info.......

Walmart has 55" Samsung 4K Smart TV right now for $424.

We're looking to put a 55"-75" in the new pool area if I can find a spot to place it. Windows are a problem, not enough space above them in certain areas. Might have to buy an entertainment center and put wheels on it.

Walmart has a buncha big screens on sale. Not many small (42") left because of the back to school sales.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Best Buy yesterday. Researched options and ended up not buying a great LG 65” with horrible sound. It would need a sound bar. Total for package-$2300. I ended up buying a firestick for $29. Tool all the Spectrum cable and internet shit to Spectrum in a big garbage bag last night.
I could not sign up for Hulu because Disney f’d my account up for pickems pool 2 years ago.
Spent most of today signing up- setting up different apps on firestick.
This is all a pain but I’m saving a ton of money.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Best Buy yesterday. Researched options and ended up not buying a great LG 65” with horrible sound. It would need a sound bar. Total for package-$2300. I ended up buying a firestick for $29. Tool all the Spectrum cable and internet shit to Spectrum in a big garbage bag last night.
I could not sign up for Hulu because Disney f’d my account up for pickems pool 2 years ago.
Spent most of today signing up- setting up different apps on firestick.
This is all a pain but I’m saving a ton of money.
I am a retard for not mentioning the Roku soundbar sooner. If I didn't already have a Roku, I would get that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a retard for not mentioning the Roku soundbar sooner. If I didn't already have a Roku, I would get that.
I spent the 1st minute with Best Buy telling them that my 13 year old Panasonic looks and ounds better than most of the TV's on their showroom wall.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some info.......

Walmart has 55" Samsung 4K Smart TV right now for $424.

We're looking to put a 55"-75" in the new pool area if I can find a spot to place it. Windows are a problem, not enough space above them in certain areas. Might have to buy an entertainment center and put wheels on it.

Walmart has a buncha big screens on sale. Not many small (42") left because of the back to school sales.

I got this sweet 65” unit for my patio. 4K. Hisense - $700 Canuck bucks.

IMG_0639.jpeg

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent the 1st minute with Best Buy telling them that my 13 year old Panasonic looks and ounds better than most of the TV's on their showroom wall.

I have two Panasonic Plasma TV's. A 42" and a 55". I bought the top of the line at the time.

The 42" I got the week after the Nashville 2010 Flood and the 55" just under a year later. So yeah, 13 and 14 years old. I read that the average TV is replaced every 5 years.

Buy quality up front.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have two Panasonic Plasma TV's. A 42" and a 55". I bought the top of the line at the time.

The 42" I got the week after the Nashville 2010 Flood and the 55" just under a year later. So yeah, 13 and 14 years old. I read that the average TV is replaced every 5 years.

Buy quality up front.

I had a 58” Panny plasma I bought in 2008. Tried and true warrior that I had up until two years ago. But it cannot compare to any one of my four 4K TVs. And it weighed a ton. I also still have a 42” Panny plasma bought at the same time in our spare bedroom.

That doesn’t belittle your buy quality comment.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buy quality up front.
Unfortunately, Panasonic bowed out of the TV market.
Apparently, they did not want to compete with "disposable" TV's
My TV's survived many trips being shipped to Japan and back.
Wonder if the modern TV's will survive months on the Pacific Ocean.......

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, Panasonic bowed out of the TV market.
Apparently, they did not want to compete with "disposable" TV's
My TV's survived many trips being shipped to Japan and back.
Wonder if the modern TV's will survive months on the Pacific Ocean.......

I do not have those requirements. Last thing I’ll ever be doing is crossing an ocean.

They did tell me when I bought my 65 inch Hisense though that the warranty is a brand new TV. For 700 bucks it’s not worth fixing if it does break. But I’m covered for 5 years. And I guarantee I’m the Timex torture test for TVs. We watch a lot of TV.