• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephen Tulloch

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaul this will be tough for you so bear with me...I'm not negative guy. You should see me on the tigers boards if you don't believe it. I'm realistic about the talent the Lions have. If someone is good I give them props for that, if they are awful I'm not afraid to say that either. I know, theres no such thing as a realist according to you. Tulloch is good, hes better than any other linebacker they have, hes steady, but hes not spectacular as I said. All of your evaluations though? Immediately tossed out the window since every player they ever sign or pick up is a solid pick up that you automatically overrate and every player that at one point was a solid pick in your mind that they release is also deemed a solid move by you. We always have a solid stable of running backs, wide receivers, secondary etc going into each season according to you, its humourous..but I for one don't take much stock in your opinions on the talent accrued or lack thereof. Butt hurt, I like that..haha.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe opponents are afraid of him TBB, but I doubt it. I could see them being afraid of Suh, Fairley, CJ, and Stafford but Tulloch..I don't know.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first few games, Ansah will be ahead of him too. Ziggy might get fooled a bit in his first year or 2 as he is still green, but he is going to be a menace early on and teams will have to account for him.

I don't see teams accounting for Tulloch.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His opponents saw fit to vote him in #63 in the top 100 so I'm thinking that his opponents don't actually believe what you're saying they believe. Imagine that!!

This.

I'll go with the opinion of his peers over a guy who automatically downgrades every guy the Lions sign, draft or trade for simply because they are now a Lion....

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tully's biggest crime is that he's not Chris Spielman, so therefore you're going to have an unfair bias against him...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 seasons ago Tulloch led the league in yards gained on throws to guys he was covering. I think the average was like .4 yards. In other words, he blanketed TE's and RB's all year long. I wish I could find the link.

IMO local fans bag on him because he isn't Clay Matthews or Brian Urlacher in his prime. But he's as solid as they come.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 seasons ago Tulloch led the league in yards gained on throws to guys he was covering. I think the average was like .4 yards. In other words, he blanketed TE's and RB's all year long. I wish I could find the link.

I'm not a fan of Tulloch because frankly (IMO) he is weak against the run. He just doesnt have that strong presence of a great linebacker....he is very very average.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ansah steps right in, mixes it up, sheds a block or two, or even tears it up out there. I'll be forced to move Tully to the 6th spot. Then he won't just be average, he'd be the mean, the median and the,.... well, he wouldn't be the mode. (unless he plays the most snaps, then I suppose hed be the most occuring)But he'd be right in the middle of our Defensive Starter Power Rankings, and that's pretty good, even if it's middle of the road.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Tulloch is great, just not jump out at you great. I would compare him to a London Fletcher type. He might night jump out the screen at you, but he is always doing his job. I think that if he was in another scheme we'd hear a lot more about how good he is. He has to take on blockers a lot with the aggressiveness of our defensive line.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good insight coming from a LB himself...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on the OLB competition?

Palmer has the experience, Whitehead has the length and athleticism, and Lewis has the instincts...

I give Whitehead the slight edge, but Palmer has great athleticism himself, so it's a tough call for me. Lewis is my dark horse; if he can get back to his freshman level at OU he'll be the steal of the 2011 draft...

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that it's the position that it is. I don't feel great about Palmer. He has done decently in spot work, but Durant was all around bad. Palmer has been around long enough that if they thought he could be a capable starter he would have been. I haven't seen a whole lot of Lewis, but if I remember right from last year I didn't see a whole lot to like except good instincts. He wasn't great at shedding blocks, covering, or tackling, but he did find the ball a lot. So I'm hoping that Whitehead or the guy we drafted can steal the spot. That being said OLB in our type of 4-3 is one of the easiest positions to mask a lack of talent because they don't actually have to do all that much. If any one of them can even find there way into their zone fit they will be better than Durant. I am fine with Levy, he isn't a great tackler, but he has enough aggression athleticism and smarts to still be a decent linebacker in spite of it.