• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephen Drew or Kendrys Morales?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say you could get either guy for the prorated amount of $14.1 million. Which one would you want? This question is based on the assumption that Corey Hart goes to the bench, not RF nor first base.

Take Morales and sit Hart?

or

Take Drew and sit the clusterfuck that has been playing at SS to date?

I've never like either of the Drew brothers. But Stephen is beginning to look appealing based on what we've seen at SS in Seatttle and in Tacoma (defensively).

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither, to be honest. I think my concerns about bringing Morales back are pretty clear at this point and I don't see the point in spending $14 million or whatever it would take to get Drew here when we have a couple guys down in AAA that we could bring up to replace Miller who would more than likely hit a lot better than .154 and would definitely be a lot cheaper. Even if they just came in and hit .200 they'd be better. The only way I could see bringing Drew in for that price being a good idea is if you could guarantee me right now that he'd be the second best hitter on the team behind Cano. I say that because if you're gonna pay him the prorated portion of a 1-year, $14.1 million dollar deal (assuming that's the number they went with), he'd likely be the second highest paid hitter on the team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither. I was in for Morales, but the best thing we could do, and it may be possible, is to deal for Allen Craig. Not a power hitter really so we wouldn't have to worry about the Safeco Curse. He is RH and plays 1B and OF. He may be available because he is 29 and they will need a spot soon for Taveras. I know they have struggles finding a 2B so Franklin for starters makes sense. Not sure what else they may want, but I think we have the pieces w/o giving them the farm.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither for me as well

The ship has sailed on Morales. He/boras turned down, 3 yrs/$30 mil last year and the qualifying offer this year. Both those offers are more then he's worth. If there was mutual interest it would have happened by now.

Stephen Drew is nothing special and not worth whatever he's asking for either. Even when he signs he probably isn't ready to play before July. Miller could be out of his slump by then which would make the signing a waste.