• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph vs Bron, who ya got?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better Offensive Player

Dub fans have to say Steph right? $ for $, Steph is the better value, but Bron has the Rings, and well, yeah he has the rings.

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, 99 times out of 100.

Love Steph's game but let's be honest...

Sad thing is Steph was set up. Dan Patrick basically put words in his mouth and left Curry no choice but to either admit inferiority to LBJ or say something semi-inflammatory.

I like Dan Patrick but he should be above that. Leave the baiting for scrubs like Le Batard

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better Offensive Player

Dub fans have to say Steph right? $ for $, Steph is the better value, but Bron has the Rings, and well, yeah he has the rings.

LeBron has the rings, the scoring titles, the best post game in the world, height and strength advantage...

This is stupid. There's nothing wrong with being runner up to the best in the world (giving Curry some major benefit of the doubt there, but whatever)

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!?

Steph is a fantastic player who everybody would want on their team but right now it's not even close.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron.

It's really not close. Steph is a fantastic offensive player, but Lebron and even KD are far superior offensive players. Steph is clearly the best shooter. But Lebron has a better post game, can finish at and above the rim and his passing is just as good as Steph's.

Steph has to believe he is the best. That's the nature of any great athlete. They'll choose themselves in any situation because if they don't believe in themselves, who will?

Anyone who's making a big deal of saying Steph is saying he's a better offensive player than Lebron is just looking to turn his comments into something they are not.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Steph was joking around. I guess not.

Didn't Monta say something similar years ago?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys actually heard the interview he was laughing and said "it's gotta be me right" how does that not sound like sarcasm? He has to be confident IMO. Lebron is better. For what it's worth. Lebron and steph were #1 and 2 in RPM. Win shares lebron #2 and steph 5th. All I see steph do better than lebron is shoot and pass that's it

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has the rings, the scoring titles, the best post game in the world, height and strength advantage...

This is stupid. There's nothing wrong with being runner up to the best in the world (giving Curry some major benefit of the doubt there, but whatever)

Best post game in the world?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys actually heard the interview he was laughing and said "it's gotta be me right" how does that not sound like sarcasm? He has to be confident IMO. Lebron is better. For what it's worth. Lebron and steph were #1 and 2 in RPM. Win shares lebron #2 and steph 5th. All I see steph do better than lebron is shoot and pass that's it

I finally listened to the interview. Patrick is doing his normal fun interview, and Steph was playing along. Funny how a casual chat leads to all this silliness.

I guess the sports media couldn't put together another Tebow story 'eh?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Vs. Lebeon, offense

I got onto a very long discussion with tons of people on maybe The Bleacher Report about this. I argued pretty strong for Curry based on his assist total as compared to Lebron, and also on his FT% and fairly comparable PPG. As for the discrepancy in their FG%, it gets pretty close when you consider the adjusted FG% of each person, with Curry's going ay up due to his number of 3 point shots and makes.

I never argued that Steph was the better player overall. Too weak and small to compete w/ James on defense and rebounding.

I also think that Curry has way more upside to his game. It grows much more than Lebron's has over the past few years, and it will continue to grow more than Lebron's (on offense). Also, Curry's game is not dependent on his athleticism. He's more like Steve Nash in that he's not a great jumper, but he's very smart and a hard worker. Meanwhile, Lebron has got to the the most athletic and strong player the game has ever seen, and this style will suffer as age creeps in. I understand that the question asked by Patrick was not based on potential, but when I see Steph do some of the things he does that I've never seen before, it just floors me. His mind is working on a much faster level than everyone else's. To me, he's like Maravich in that way.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got onto a very long discussion with tons of people on maybe The Bleacher Report about this. I argued pretty strong for Curry based on his assist total as compared to Lebron, and also on his FT% and fairly comparable PPG. As for the discrepancy in their FG%, it gets pretty close when you consider the adjusted FG% of each person, with Curry's going ay up due to his number of 3 point shots and makes.

I never argued that Steph was the better player overall. Too weak and small to compete w/ James on defense and rebounding.

I also think that Curry has way more upside to his game. It grows much more than Lebron's has over the past few years, and it will continue to grow more than Lebron's (on offense). Also, Curry's game is not dependent on his athleticism. He's more like Steve Nash in that he's not a great jumper, but he's very smart and a hard worker. Meanwhile, Lebron has got to the the most athletic and strong player the game has ever seen, and this style will suffer as age creeps in. I understand that the question asked by Patrick was not based on potential, but when I see Steph do some of the things he does that I've never seen before, it just floors me. His mind is working on a much faster level than everyone else's. To me, he's like Maravich in that way.

Steph is not better than Lebron offensively. He's not better than Kevin Durant offensively. He probably comes in 3rd for me in that category.

Lebron has a much wider arsenal of weapons at his disposal. He's an elite finisher at the rim. He's one of the best post players now in the NBA. He can offensive rebound and put back. He's an athletic monster who's capable of being bigger, stronger and faster than you at the same time. He has elite handle, vision and passing ablility, all while being able to get a shot off at any time he wants.

Offensive ability is the whole package. Lebron has it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this just proves that if Steph comes in 3rd for you that it was a conversation worth having, a question from Patrick worth asking.

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BEST POST GAME IN THE WORLD???!! No more talking for you....

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still take Kobe as the single best offensive player of ALL TIME. There, i said it.