• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Ryan Clark: “NFL Players Use Marijuana, Guys On My Team Smoke”

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Ryan Clark: “NFL Players Use Marijuana, Guys On My Team Smoke”

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark is making headlines after coming out and saying NFL players are using marijuana, including some of his teammates.
Clark made the announcement on ESPN’s “First Take” Thursday morning.
In the interview, Clark said he knows guys on the Steelers who “smoke.”

He told ESPN, “A lot of it is stress relief. A lot of it is pain and medication. Guys feel like, ‘If I can do this, it keeps me away from maybe Vicodin, it keeps me away from pain prescription drugs and things that guys get addicted to.’ Guys look at this as a more natural way to heal themselves, to stress relieve and also to medicate themselves for pain. Guys are still going to do it.”
Clark expressed some of his views on via his twitter account.

When asked to comment on the situation, the Steelers released the following statement to here at 93.7 The FAN: “We support the NFL’s drug-testing policy and will have no further reaction to Ryan’s comments.”
93.7 The Fan’s Starkey and Mueller weighed in on the topic today as they discussed Clark’s future with the Steelers after his latest comments and whether or not there was any truth to what he said.

Kevin Elko, a sports psychologist, joined Bill Rehkopf on the KDKA Afternoon News to give his insight into medical marijuana and its place in sports.
“Marijuana now all of a sudden people are coming out and acting like well it’s not all that bad. Yes, you have to not have an opinion until you look at the studies done. There is a study out of New Zealand that says after you use it a long period of time you IQ goes down 8 points. They are saying it’s involved with a number of things like memory loss.” Elko said.
Elko says he isn’t surprised by Clark’s comments because he finds his honesty and reality refreshing. However while he disagrees with the perception that medical marijuana is not that big of a deal he does agree with Clark’s views on drug testing in the NFL.
“If his comments are correct they need a more effective system in making people accountable, and if that’s true go back and look at it again. If the players are seeing that let’s get a better system because structure draws function.” Elko continued to say that what he thinks Clark’s comments mean is this system just doesn’t d

Steelers Ryan Clark: ?NFL Players Use Marijuana, Guys On My Team Smoke? « CBS Pittsburgh

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have an issue with it i voted for legalization here in Wa state.

No i dont smoke it can't stand the smell.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get busted.

And I got a feeling that, now that he said that, the Steelers are going to get tested a lot this year.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get busted.

And I got a feeling that, now that he said that, the Steelers are going to get tested a lot this year.

I doubt anymore than normal,the NFL knows many smoke weed they would lose half the top players i bet if they tested for it often.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BlakeShock.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think so as well, but for weed, they ONLY get tested in training camp........then its just PED tests.........

All i was saying Jive is being from pittsburgh i obviously following the steelers, Clark does weekly radio shows, tons of appearances, and interviews............he usually spares no feelings, and throws guys under the bus, and is a very straight shooter, if he said it, i believe it

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be honest pot or THC stay's in the fat cells in the body for at least 20 to 30 days so i doubt they are even really testing for it anyhow.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think so as well, but for weed, they ONLY get tested in training camp........then its just PED tests.........

All i was saying Jive is being from pittsburgh i obviously following the steelers, Clark does weekly radio shows, tons of appearances, and interviews............he usually spares no feelings, and throws guys under the bus, and is a very straight shooter, if he said it, i believe it

Well hey that's a good thing,good for him more should be outspoken,i would rather smoke a joint than taking handful's of pain meds that mess you up far worse imo.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends what test they use jive, blood, urine, hair......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hey that's a good thing,good for him more should be outspoken,i would rather smoke a joint than taking handful's of pain meds that mess you up far worse imo.

eh it depends, if the pain meds arent abused and use appropriately........

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends what test they use jive, blood, urine, hair......

Piss in the cup no way the players union allow blood tests for drugs,plus the piss tests have come a long way.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh it depends, if the pain meds arent abused and use appropriately........

Yeah but ask Favre or even the fact that over the counter drug use is higher than illicit drugs,,it's a Big Business yeah know.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have but you can just buy a system flush at GNC

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but ask Favre or even the fact that over the counter drug use is higher than illicit drugs,,it's a Big Business yeah know.

oh i know, im in health care................favre also abused them

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have but you can just buy a system flush at GNC

I administer Urinalysis's for my unit at FT Bragg and now they can tell if a specimen has been tampered with by these flush your system drinks they sell, If you are found to have used one of them you are just as guilty as having come back positive for Cocaine. I dont know if the NFL tests for the additives in those drinks but the Army just started doing it a couple years ago.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I administer Urinalysis's for my unit at FT Bragg and now they can tell if a specimen has been tampered with by these flush your system drinks they sell, If you are found to have used one of them you are just as guilty as having come back positive for Cocaine. I dont know if the NFL tests for the additives in those drinks but the Army just started doing it a couple years ago.

interesting, i dont know, i dont mess with anything, so i dont worry about it........but to me im glad they can test for that stuff too

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deal. Prescription pain killers are killing normal average everyday people. You have an injury, the doctor prescribes "medicine" and your neighbor or family member is hooked. Nobody broke the law, it is just normal everyday medical practice and good law abiding people who are getting their lives destroyed.

My wife has been battling cancer for several years. She has a medical card but its legal here now anyway.
It is not a cure all for pain, it only takes the edge off. She has a medicine cabinet full of really heavy duty drugs and would still rather avoid those and smoke a little. It is far safer than all those bottles of little pills.

Seriously, it will be legalized everywhere. Only a matter of time. If it helps football players deal with the pain, what is wrong with that? Would you rather they go home each night and drink themselves stupid?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here… I've listened to almost all of his radio shows, along with Taylor's. It wouldn't be the first time that the Steelers have had to release a statement of "No Further Comment" on what a player has stated publicly. Remember the Mendenhall 9/11 crap? :L