• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bell will be named the starter coming out of camp if he looks good in preseason pass protection. Would not be surprised to see Dwyer traded...he could be a a starter on a handful of teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what Pitt does with the RB situation. The clear cut choice on EVERYONE's mind is Bell, but that leaves 2 viable trade chips. I agree ATL that Dwyer could definitely start on a handful of teams, but so could Redman! Dwyer would be the bigger trade chip though. For the right team, he could be worth a 3rd/4th round pick depending on how desperate they are.

As for the OL situation, we have Malecki (sp?) who can play both C and G. But he was originally a G. And of course we have Beachum who is now the journeyman (G/T & now C) if he doesn't beat Gilbert out. I feel pretty confident with the inside O-line depth, but the additions of Whimper & Batiste have me worried for the OT positions. If Ferrel & Long don't impress coaches enough by the end of preseason, then our Tackle depth is a serious issue! Batiste & Whimper were some of the worst rated O-lineman last season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how to take losing Plax

Steelers' WR Plaxico Burress suffers torn rotator cuff, career in doubt - NFL - Sporting News

I didn't think the Steelers made a good move in picking him up and he probably would have been cut before the season started.

I think the "bad guy" stuff no longer applied to Plax...I really thought based on what he did with the Jets was worthy of a shot in PIT. Whether it was him not knowing the system, etc. they never called his name much.

Now that these younger guys are starting to show something maybe he would've gotten cut, but a bigger bodied WR that can play is sorely needed imo.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "bad guy" stuff no longer applied to Plax...I really thought based on what he did with the Jets was worthy of a shot in PIT. Whether it was him not knowing the system, etc. they never called his name much.

Now that these younger guys are starting to show something maybe he would've gotten cut, but a bigger bodied WR that can play is sorely needed imo.

It really didn't have anything to do with the "bad guy" attitude. He was picked up last year because the Steelers needed a cheap replacement who knew the system after all the injuries. In the end, he didn't get much action. I really didn't understand why they signed him for a year when they picked up some decent players this year. The same goes with TE Speth and Gay. Who knows if Gay will even play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really didn't have anything to do with the "bad guy" attitude. He was picked up last year because the Steelers needed a cheap replacement who knew the system after all the injuries. In the end, he didn't get much action. I really didn't understand why they signed him for a year when they picked up some decent players this year. The same goes with TE Speth and Gay. Who knows if Gay will even play.

Lost me a little here...I don't know that he was that familiar with the system last year. As far as this season...I really felt they were going to use him more...I think Gay was brought in as insurance/fire for C. Brown...to this point I think it's worked...I don't know if Gay will make the 53 actually.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better just start the regular season while we still have players left to put on the field......

The reports are coming in that Bell is not seriously hurt...took wrap off his knee but was limping...no word yet if he'll play Mon...starting to look like Redman,Bell, Howling will be the main RBs.

If Bell's injury clears up soon I expect Dwyer to be released.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost me a little here...I don't know that he was that familiar with the system last year. As far as this season...I really felt they were going to use him more...I think Gay was brought in as insurance/fire for C. Brown...to this point I think it's worked...I don't know if Gay will make the 53 actually.

It just depends on health at this point. I think Van Dyke, Victorian, Steed & Smith will all be cut. Isaiah Green has shown his worth and will be the sixth CB barring any setbacks. Taylor, Allen, Brown, Gay, Hawthorne & Green. The last two will be reserved for special teams duties. Gay's contract & experience will keep him on the 53.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just depends on health at this point. I think Van Dyke, Victorian, Steed & Smith will all be cut. Isaiah Green has shown his worth and will be the sixth CB barring any setbacks. Taylor, Allen, Brown, Gay, Hawthorne & Green. The last two will be reserved for special teams duties. Gay's contract & experience will keep him on the 53.

Gay...experience I can buy, but $500k is the G money on his contract...not enough to prevent the axe. I do also think they will keep 6 DBs.