• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fuel for Terry's fire.

Not to diminish the accomplishment but IMO they need an asterisk by Noll/Bradshaw with how many of their seasons were under the old 14 game schedule. They need to point out this wasn't done under the same max possible number of wins per season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to diminish the accomplishment but IMO they need an asterisk by Noll/Bradshaw with how many of their seasons were under the old 14 game schedule. They need to point out this wasn't done under the same max possible number of wins per season.
Also wouldn't hurt to include along with that they played with the greatest defense to ever play on an NFL field.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everybody's impressions of Terrell Edmunds so far? He's been starting at safety for Burnett. I think he's been underperforming, but he is a rookie. IDK what to judge him by. I keep wanting to judge him based on what other rookies at his position are doing. So for instance, the two safeties taken before him were Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James. Then I look at safeties taken after Edmunds, which would be Jessie Bates and Justin Reid.

Terrell Edmunds - 4 starts, 18 combined tackles, 1 INT, 1 Fumble recovery, 2 pass deflections, 1 QB hit
Minkah Fitzpatrick - 2 starts, 34 combined tackles, 1 INT, 3 pass deflections
Derwin James - 5 starts, 31 combined tackles, 1 INT, 6 pass deflections, 5 QB hits, 3 sacks
Jessie Bates III - 5 starts, 32 combined tackles, 2 INTs, 2 pass deflections
Justin Reid - 1 starts, 20 combined tackles, 1 INT, 6 pass deflections, 1 QB hit

I feel like his stats are lacking for a guy who's started all but 1 game. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts on his performance so far.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everybody's impressions of Terrell Edmunds so far? He's been starting at safety for Burnett. I think he's been underperforming, but he is a rookie. IDK what to judge him by. I keep wanting to judge him based on what other rookies at his position are doing. So for instance, the two safeties taken before him were Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James. Then I look at safeties taken after Edmunds, which would be Jessie Bates and Justin Reid.

Terrell Edmunds - 4 starts, 18 combined tackles, 1 INT, 1 Fumble recovery, 2 pass deflections, 1 QB hit
Minkah Fitzpatrick - 2 starts, 34 combined tackles, 1 INT, 3 pass deflections
Derwin James - 5 starts, 31 combined tackles, 1 INT, 6 pass deflections, 5 QB hits, 3 sacks
Jessie Bates III - 5 starts, 32 combined tackles, 2 INTs, 2 pass deflections
Justin Reid - 1 starts, 20 combined tackles, 1 INT, 6 pass deflections, 1 QB hit

I feel like his stats are lacking for a guy who's started all but 1 game. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts on his performance so far.

Honestly, no one in our secondary is producing up to their potential.
The D isn't putting enough pressure on QB's to force them to make many mistakes. And none of these guys in the secondary are good enough to ball hawk....kind of like what Troy did.
The secondary did fair to good against the Falcons, but only because they pressured Ryan and he made mistakes.
Tampa Bay, there wasn't a ton of pressure on Fitz, he made a couple of mistakes and thank God they were taken advantage of, otherwise that game was gone also.

But as far as Edmunds, he's going to struggle...
There doesn't seem to be the guidance or leadership for our secondary guys, and it's going to hurt them.....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, no one in our secondary is producing up to their potential.
The D isn't putting enough pressure on QB's to force them to make many mistakes. And none of these guys in the secondary are good enough to ball hawk....kind of like what Troy did.
The secondary did fair to good against the Falcons, but only because they pressured Ryan and he made mistakes.
Tampa Bay, there wasn't a ton of pressure on Fitz, he made a couple of mistakes and thank God they were taken advantage of, otherwise that game was gone also.

But as far as Edmunds, he's going to struggle...
There doesn't seem to be the guidance or leadership for our secondary guys, and it's going to hurt them.....

Agreed. I figured there would be some struggles just because of the fact that he's a rookie, but I didn't realize how underperforming he's been until I compared the other rookie's stats. But I also totally overlooked the fact that there's no real vet presence on the roster that seems to be taking guys like Burns and Davis and Edmunds under his wing to learn from. I guess they just don't breed them like Troy anymore huh? lol

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I figured there would be some struggles just because of the fact that he's a rookie, but I didn't realize how underperforming he's been until I compared the other rookie's stats. But I also totally overlooked the fact that there's no real vet presence on the roster that seems to be taking guys like Burns and Davis and Edmunds under his wing to learn from. I guess they just don't breed them like Troy anymore huh? lol

I'd of thought Lake would of made a decent secondary coach, but he never amounted to a pinch of shit....

They need either a former player to teach them or a vet with a chip on his shoulder to push these guys to be better.
I've often thought of maybe Woodson as a coach, but maybe I'm being to homer.....it just seems like waisted talent because there is no one to mold these kids.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd of thought Lake would of made a decent secondary coach, but he never amounted to a pinch of shit....

They need either a former player to teach them or a vet with a chip on his shoulder to push these guys to be better.
I've often thought of maybe Woodson as a coach, but maybe I'm being to homer.....it just seems like waisted talent because there is no one to mold these kids.

Woodson in here as the DB coach would be amazing. I didn't think Bradley would work out either, only because he was the DC of a Pac 12 school and every college football fan knows that they don't play defense in that conference lol. But until they have either a vet presence in that locker room with them or an actual decent DB coach, I don't see how these young guys will improve.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodson in here as the DB coach would be amazing. I didn't think Bradley would work out either, only because he was the DC of a Pac 12 school and every college football fan knows that they don't play defense in that conference lol. But until they have either a vet presence in that locker room with them or an actual decent DB coach, I don't see how these young guys will improve.

It's kind of like back in the day when QBs would go to Cleveland to die.....
Corners come to Pittsburgh to die.....

And it's a shame because Burns, Sensabaugh, Davis, Dangerfield, or Edmunds will probably never reach their full potential.......
Unless they leave. Or possibly by chance we get that Vet, or coach these guys need.

What really pisses me off is Tomlin raged on our guys about how great his Tampa secondary was.....yet he hasn't done shit for these kids. He hasn't even gotten them a decent coach, because God knows he sure as shit didn't do it in Tampa and he sure as hell can't do it here.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DpbZtFdW0AAdWUD.jpg:large

@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride

A much, MUCH different position than what we're accustomed to. Saw a lot of the same last year.