• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undersized & too slow, 2 star ⭐⭐️, Small School (FCS), No D1 offers, No College All-Star Games, No Combine invite, Undrafted, cut 5 times , took me 3 years to play my first season, and competed in the AFC Championship game ! Give God the Glory! God is Good!! His timing is always right & Trust The Process. What a JOURNEY this has been for me. I want to thank The Steelers organization for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to live my dream. Special thank you to all my family & friends for the love and support. To #SteelerNation thank you for always holding it down Win or Lose! Can't wait to see what the 2017 season brings!! #GODfidence

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be bustin on Eli, 'Punk'

:lol:
Not bustin! I just think that if Bryant makes a successful return that he will get the lions share of everything that doesn't go AB's way. Him, Ladarius Green & Jesse James will be fighting for scraps. If that's the case, then I don't see a "breakout" of any sort. Maybe just a repeat of '16.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bustin! I just think that if Bryant makes a successful return that he will get the lions share of everything that doesn't go AB's way. Him, Ladarius Green & Jesse James will be fighting for scraps. If that's the case, then I don't see a "breakout" of any sort. Maybe just a repeat of '16.

Rogers '16 stats...targets/catches/yds/TD...64/48/594/3

IMO he could be in for a breakout season if "breakout" is 80/60/750/5

Bryant back...I think the guys that will be impacted the most...Coates, and Hamilton, DHB...they could drop off the map if Bryant is back and effective....the interior game Green is still going to have and JJ will see fewer targets but might have more 3rd down catches, maybe more TDs.

The guy that needs to have a break out season imo is Dupree. If the Steelers get sucked into Harrison being a 16-19 game starter his pressure/sack numbers are going to go down. Whether it was by design or not, Jones taking up snaps early in the season really helped keep Deebo fresh down the stretch...maybe Chick, or whomever they draft will be able to take up those snaps this season, but no way can Harrison be an effective 16 game player (plus playoffs) with a full snapcount load.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that needs to have a break out season imo is Dupree. If the Steelers get sucked into Harrison being a 16-19 game starter his pressure/sack numbers are going to go down. Whether it was by design or not, Jones taking up snaps early in the season really helped keep Deebo fresh down the stretch...maybe Chick, or whomever they draft will be able to take up those snaps this season, but no way can Harrison be an effective 16 game player (plus playoffs) with a full snapcount load.

The thing I don't get with Deebo is he is wanting a 2 year deal......
I mean yes you had a hell of a season for a Vet at LB and at his age, but if you push for something that the F/O is not willing to give, you may end up with nothing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't get with Deebo is he is wanting a 2 year deal......
I mean yes you had a hell of a season for a Vet at LB and at his age, but if you push for something that the F/O is not willing to give, you may end up with nothing.

I don't either....I can see him wanting considerably more than he played for LY and he deserves more, but '18 season? At his age, he's getting too far ahead of the game.

The only thing I can see is maybe he thinks he has some leverage because Jones will be out and they really don't have another option?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either....I can see him wanting considerably more than he played for LY and he deserves more, but '18 season? At his age, he's getting too far ahead of the game.

The only thing I can see is maybe he thinks he has some leverage because Jones will be out and they really don't have another option?

But even with the leverage of Jones being gone, If I'm in the F/O, yes I give him some extra change, but only one year... especially after that head slap thing last year. The next hit you take or give could be the last!!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even with the leverage of Jones being gone, If I'm in the F/O, yes I give him some extra change, but only one year... especially after that head slap thing last year. The next hit you take or give could be the last!!!!!

True...I forgot about the head slap!

Bizarre!

It really reflects bad on Colbert and Tomlin that they're in this position...relying on a damn near 40 y/o player. Lot of pressure on them to hit with an edge rusher in this draft.

IMO, as fans we have maybe a 2 yr window of opportunity to get a 7th Lombardi...then it's going to be dry for a good while I think.

I would seriously consider spending the money to get Nick Perry.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...I forgot about the head slap!

Bizarre!

It really reflects bad on Colbert and Tomlin that they're in this position...relying on a damn near 40 y/o player. Lot of pressure on them to hit with an edge rusher in this draft.

Yea, kind of kicks that next man up thing in the teeth.... Linebackers is where The Burgh made its name and we are now hurting in the area....Mind boggling!!!

IMO, as fans we have maybe a 2 yr window of opportunity to get a 7th Lombardi...then it's going to be dry for a good while I think.

I'll give it 3 tops, and that's if Ben stays for those 3!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, kind of kicks that next man up thing in the teeth.... Linebackers is where The Burgh made its name and we are now hurting in the area....Mind boggling!!!

I'll give it 3 tops, and that's if Ben stays for those 3!!!!

Yep, it really depends...if they somehow win it all this year...I think Ben would try to back it up with one more, but I don't expect him to play the '19 season.

If they are still "almost there" but not really in '18...I don't expect him to play it out. Depends on his health...but I agree 3 is max.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preachin to the choir

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just speculating at the moment, but it looks like Bell finally made the decision to go under the knife for groin surgery. He sent some photos out on snapchat this morning (with an interesting hairdo lol) of himself in a hospital gown. I'm sure some info will surface at some point today.

screenshot_20170313-092929.png

screenshot_20170313-092937.png

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just speculating at the moment, but it looks like Bell finally made the decision to go under the knife for groin surgery. He sent some photos out on snapchat this morning (with an interesting hairdo lol) of himself in a hospital gown. I'm sure some info will surface at some point today.

screenshot_20170313-092929.png

screenshot_20170313-092937.png
Le'Veon Bell undergoes surgery for core muscle injury

Well, still no indication or confirmation from his agent or Bell himself on whether the surgery was indeed for the groin. It's all speculation still. But if it is, the good news is that the timetable won't have him missing any OTA's or camp, and the July 15th contract deadline (not that it matters).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3