• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

status of the redkskins on the field

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is how i feel were are going into TC and what we need to do and what i think is likely

QB KC is the undisputed starter . our team has a solid BU in colt and a developmental qb going into year 2 . this will be the years in which he shows he can be something more or we need to look elsewhere . i expect KC will have a big year and push 40 total tds . i think we will be better in the red zone and his mistakes will be limited

RB i think kelly will start the season and the aquisition of perine will push him . i like perine but he is a 4th rounder and their is a learning curve . CT will run more and will be more explosive . in a surprise i think marshal will make a huge push to make the team in a tight race with mack

wr we are taller , we still have a burner in prior . i see us having 3 1000 yd pass catchers , to of which are wrs . crowder and pryor will do it . dox will put up crowder rookie year type numbers if he is healthy and as good as we think he can be harris will jump over grant and davis will be a PS guy for now

TE reed will get 1000 yds , davis and paul will do well when called upon . what happens in TC will determine if sprinkle is the 4th TE or if we keep the experienced carrier . very deep position

o/line only real weakness is lavou . kujo will get 1st crack to unseat him and this being year 3 for him it will be make or break roullier should be the swing interior guy playing mostly center . he will take some time to develop. nsehke is the best swing tackle in the game . we all know about trent , morgan and sherf and all 3 could push for the PB . long is getting better at center and has solidified the position . i think its a top 5 o/line in the NFL

special teams tres way is one of the best punters in the NFL , he has good hang time and he can punt us out of danger when we are backed up deep . does well at pinning people inside the 10 as well . hopkins should rebound from a poor year but another klunker and he could be gone

defense
d/line a see a moderate improvement here but much work the rookie allen is our only legit guy who people will have to game plan for . i expect bout 5 sacks from him while he is learning the pro game mcclain and mcgee might equal one baker . should be better vs run but not much vs pass. hood is a body ionman is a body , lanier is a guy who is growing and could be a baker type in another year. taylor is a stop gap NT francis and Mbu are younger and pretty much the same rotational guys and FA pipkins is another young big body but NT is a huge weakness

Olb RK is great , JR should contribute some maybe 3-5 sacks , TM maybe 5 with the suspension but his PFF rating will continue to rise but with less time on the field . we should see him with his hand down more in passing situations . smith should break out with 8-10 sacks . anderson will get around 2.5 as he learns but i like his future . we should see improvement here

ILB brown is a good pick up and he should help us vs run and in pass coverage . he is a sideline to sideline guy . compton is a body as a starter as is foster . they are decent but we need upgrades spaight has no future so we may see anderson getting snaps here

cb we hve good starters in breeland and norman , i expect a better fuller but maybe not in the slot moruea will need time , but he should be a good one and dunbar is in year 3 so he should show us if he has starter potential or if he is a career BU (which is ok ) hosley could surprise at slot but he will most likely need more seasoning

safety i like DJ , he is young and he communicates well . but can he be a free safety ? i like trying him rather then the dinosaurs we have been trying . cravens will struggle at first but i think he has the ability to be the SS i like our 2 young safeties . the back ups however are a different story . blacmon is a stop gap and hall is ancient . everette is a special teamer and josh evans isnt even on the radar .
our young guys josh harvey clemons (appears best suited for cravens role last season ) and montae nicholson is currently hurt and i have no idea what he can be , he is a 4th rounder so i am thing special teamer to start . fish smithson knows the position but is he athletic enough to compete ?

overall i see the offense being better then last season because i feel they will score more points . i see the defense being improved but i see them as a defense ranked in the lower twenty's upper teens unless we have injuries . i expect a slow start by them because of all the new faces . i think we are a good draft away from being a top 10 defense because our coaching appears to be better at the positional level (tomsula and gray ) but about the same at the DC level

i think this defense is improved enough , if we stay injury free, to pick up the 2 wins they gave away last year and we go 10-6 and make the playoffs

i think KC has a chip on his shoulder about how it ended last season and i believe he will be out to silence the doubters . he will certainly be a PB caliber qb and maybe even enter the MVP conversation

this is why we should sign him long term because within 2 years i see us competing for super bowl appearances with him and a defense that will be championship caliber

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is how i feel were are going into TC and what we need to do and what i think is likely

QB KC is the undisputed starter . our team has a solid BU in colt and a developmental qb going into year 2 . this will be the years in which he shows he can be something more or we need to look elsewhere . i expect KC will have a big year and push 40 total tds . i think we will be better in the red zone and his mistakes will be limited

RB i think kelly will start the season and the aquisition of perine will push him . i like perine but he is a 4th rounder and their is a learning curve . CT will run more and will be more explosive . in a surprise i think marshal will make a huge push to make the team in a tight race with mack

wr we are taller , we still have a burner in prior . i see us having 3 1000 yd pass catchers , to of which are wrs . crowder and pryor will do it . dox will put up crowder rookie year type numbers if he is healthy and as good as we think he can be harris will jump over grant and davis will be a PS guy for now

TE reed will get 1000 yds , davis and paul will do well when called upon . what happens in TC will determine if sprinkle is the 4th TE or if we keep the experienced carrier . very deep position

o/line only real weakness is lavou . kujo will get 1st crack to unseat him and this being year 3 for him it will be make or break roullier should be the swing interior guy playing mostly center . he will take some time to develop. nsehke is the best swing tackle in the game . we all know about trent , morgan and sherf and all 3 could push for the PB . long is getting better at center and has solidified the position . i think its a top 5 o/line in the NFL

special teams tres way is one of the best punters in the NFL , he has good hang time and he can punt us out of danger when we are backed up deep . does well at pinning people inside the 10 as well . hopkins should rebound from a poor year but another klunker and he could be gone

defense
d/line a see a moderate improvement here but much work the rookie allen is our only legit guy who people will have to game plan for . i expect bout 5 sacks from him while he is learning the pro game mcclain and mcgee might equal one baker . should be better vs run but not much vs pass. hood is a body ionman is a body , lanier is a guy who is growing and could be a baker type in another year. taylor is a stop gap NT francis and Mbu are younger and pretty much the same rotational guys and FA pipkins is another young big body but NT is a huge weakness

Olb RK is great , JR should contribute some maybe 3-5 sacks , TM maybe 5 with the suspension but his PFF rating will continue to rise but with less time on the field . we should see him with his hand down more in passing situations . smith should break out with 8-10 sacks . anderson will get around 2.5 as he learns but i like his future . we should see improvement here

ILB brown is a good pick up and he should help us vs run and in pass coverage . he is a sideline to sideline guy . compton is a body as a starter as is foster . they are decent but we need upgrades spaight has no future so we may see anderson getting snaps here

cb we hve good starters in breeland and norman , i expect a better fuller but maybe not in the slot moruea will need time , but he should be a good one and dunbar is in year 3 so he should show us if he has starter potential or if he is a career BU (which is ok ) hosley could surprise at slot but he will most likely need more seasoning

safety i like DJ , he is young and he communicates well . but can he be a free safety ? i like trying him rather then the dinosaurs we have been trying . cravens will struggle at first but i think he has the ability to be the SS i like our 2 young safeties . the back ups however are a different story . blacmon is a stop gap and hall is ancient . everette is a special teamer and josh evans isnt even on the radar .
our young guys josh harvey clemons (appears best suited for cravens role last season ) and montae nicholson is currently hurt and i have no idea what he can be , he is a 4th rounder so i am thing special teamer to start . fish smithson knows the position but is he athletic enough to compete ?

overall i see the offense being better then last season because i feel they will score more points . i see the defense being improved but i see them as a defense ranked in the lower twenty's upper teens unless we have injuries . i expect a slow start by them because of all the new faces . i think we are a good draft away from being a top 10 defense because our coaching appears to be better at the positional level (tomsula and gray ) but about the same at the DC level

i think this defense is improved enough , if we stay injury free, to pick up the 2 wins they gave away last year and we go 10-6 and make the playoffs

i think KC has a chip on his shoulder about how it ended last season and i believe he will be out to silence the doubters . he will certainly be a PB caliber qb and maybe even enter the MVP conversation

this is why we should sign him long term because within 2 years i see us competing for super bowl appearances with him and a defense that will be championship caliber

i would like to think all position will be up for grabs & everyone will be pushing each other

but you're probably right, cousins is the clear starter ... sorry @coach_spurrier_1

the loss of garcon & jackson won't be an issue if cousins can keep his numbers rolling with this "newer" group of receivers

nsehke is such a physical specimen ... he needs to be on the field ... too big for guard i suppose ?

hopefully Gruden fixes their redzone issues and score TD eliminating the necessity for Hopkins to be on the field

i'd like to see Smith have a break out year ... but i am not holding my breath on 10 sacks. I'll take 10 sacks from JG tho

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to think all position will be up for grabs & everyone will be pushing each other

but you're probably right, cousins is the clear starter ... sorry @coach_spurrier_1

the loss of garcon & jackson won't be an issue if cousins can keep his numbers rolling with this "newer" group of receivers

nsehke is such a physical specimen ... he needs to be on the field ... too big for guard i suppose ?

hopefully Gruden fixes their redzone issues and score TD eliminating the necessity for Hopkins to be on the field

i'd like to see Smith have a break out year ... but i am not holding my breath on 10 sacks. I'll take 10 sacks from JG tho
yep this year my stance is 2018 -2019

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kirk only good for 8-10 wins he is not elite but i guess non elite qbs make 25 mill a year and elites make 40 mill a year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kirk only good for 8-10 wins he is not elite but i guess non elite qbs make 25 mill a year and elites make 40 mill a year

So if Kirk is only good for 8-10 wins a season, what are we expecting the REST of the roster to do?? Sit around with their respective thumbs up there Bumms?? Is it too much to ask the defense or ground game win ( not save but actually WIN) 2 or 3 games a season??

I guess so. I mean we got an elite corner who is getting PAID like an elite corner, and yet our defense actually got worse.

images

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 1,000 yd pass catchers eh. That would be impressive, but I don't see it. Far as Reed. I'd be tickled pink if he just stayed healthy for a full 16 game season.

I don't see Cuz getting 40 total TDs, but not because its an outrageous goal. I just think his rushing TDs (an impressive 9 TD runs in the last 2 years) are gonna take a big hit and that's not a bad thing really. I do think he's capable of putting up 32 - 35 TD passes for the season so I'm pretty much with you on Cuz having a big year.

And when you add in the 2 games the defense gave away last year, the 2 games KC gave away last year and the game Hopkins gave away. We could be looking at a 13 win team next year.

amarite.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 1,000 yd pass catchers eh. That would be impressive, but I don't see it. Far as Reed. I'd be tickled pink if he just stayed healthy for a full 16 game season.

I don't see Cuz getting 40 total TDs, but not because its an outrageous goal. I just think his rushing TDs (an impressive 9 TD runs in the last 2 years) are gonna take a big hit and that's not a bad thing really. I do think he's capable of putting up 32 - 35 TD passes for the season so I'm pretty much with you on Cuz having a big year.

And when you add in the 2 games the defense gave away last year, the 2 games KC gave away last year and the game Hopkins gave away. We could be looking at a 13 win team next year.

amarite.

i have reed , pryor and crowder getting 1000 yds who was the other ? 35 passing tds 5 rushing is what i think close to his starter avg as far as rushing

i see 10 wins max

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have reed , pryor and crowder getting 1000 yds who was the other ? 35 passing tds 5 rushing is what i think close to his starter avg as far as rushing

i see 10 wins max

Oh, my bad. I thought you had Dox as a 1,000 yarder as well.

And oh, the two areas I'd like to see the Skins improve upon that are pretty much essential. Run defense and 3rd dn conv rate. Those two things are soul-killers. I think they will improve in those ares.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, my bad. I thought you had Dox as a 1,000 yarder as well.

And oh, the two areas I'd like to see the Skins improve upon that are pretty much essential. Run defense and 3rd dn conv rate. Those two things are soul-killers. I think they will improve in those ares.

Redzone and being LESS predictable might go a long way as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want improvement in offensive red zone TD percentage, defensive third down conversion rate, and of course wins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you speaking on the Skins offense or defense?

Fuck who you kidding... BOTH.. I swear if we give up another 4th and 3 from the 3 for a TD..... I might need another TV like Dean. :lol:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you speaking on the Skins offense or defense?

And I cant be the only person to go Oh fuck when its 3rd and goal from the one, and we line up five wide after missing passes on 1st and 2nd down can I??? :gaah:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I cant be the only person to go Oh fuck when its 3rd and goal from the one, and we line up five wide after missing passes on 1st and 2nd down can I??? :gaah:

Those 1st and 2nd dn plays where the Skins get nothing or worse yet, lose yards, are the worst in goal to go. I don't have a percentage on it, but for the last 2 years it seems. Every time they bring in the jumbo package/lining up big ass OGs as TEs for blocking on short yardage. Backside pressure would always make the play on the RB. Either making the tackle or holding up the runner long enough for his teammates to get there. Those big OGs were too slow to handle DEs/LBs slashing hard inside.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what we never seem to talk about anymore? The return game. It was not so long ago when our special teams lost the field position battle every week. We constantly gave up big returns and never seemed to break any of our own. This went on the years, now we have fixed that and with Crowder maybe we actually start winning some of these matchups.

But there is still the kicker issue. Initially I said I was wrong on Hopkins, his kickoffs were touchbacks and he was great his first year on FGs. But with the new rules a big leg is no longer needed for a touchback and his accuracy on FGs is a concern.