• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting to wonder whats in the water in Oxnard

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OXNARD, Calif. -- Cowboys rookie wide receiver Terrance Williams left Friday's practice and was being tested for a possible concussion.

If Williams, who collided with cornerback Brandon Underwood during a passing drill, fails the baseline test, he will miss the Hall of Fame game against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Williams has to be symptom-free for a certain amount of days before being cleared to play. The Cowboys' second preseason game arrives quickly -- Friday, Aug. 9 at Oakland -- and he could miss that game as well.

Yall Boys are like the walking wounded and haevnt even faced another team yet. Sucks cause I thought Williams would be able to allow you to part with Miles and his contract next year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a battle I want to see. I love the fact they have 5 preseason games. WR is highly contested. Losing Williams will hurt because he needed game reps, but from watching the highlights from TC- number 85 looked like he was all over the place and I think he is about 8th on the depth chart if not lower. Im pulling for Armstrong too. Heck I love them all. Great 4 minutes of highlights from TC on Dallascowboys.com. Mostly offense

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a battle I want to see. I love the fact they have 5 preseason games. WR is highly contested. Losing Williams will hurt because he needed game reps, but from watching the highlights from TC- number 85 looked like he was all over the place and I think he is about 8th on the depth chart if not lower. Im pulling for Armstrong too. Heck I love them all. Great 4 minutes of highlights from TC on Dallascowboys.com. Mostly offense
Its going to be interesting to see how the final roster spots shake out. I think 6 WR's, but the big thing to me will be the 3rd running back. Thinking maybe Dunbar, but Tanner is talented enough that someone else would pick him up

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

training camp highlights are just that. Designed to get the fans excited and sell season tickets and DirecTV sunday ticket packages. There is always that guy who is 9th on the depth chart that catches everything thrown at him... when he cant or wont be hit. Occasionally you find a diamond in the ruff, but usually you are looking at a special teams or practice squad guy. See the names Skye Dawson, Chris reeves or Brandon Banks. :noidea:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar all the way Eriko unless he fumbles in the preseason a few times. Right now, I would even go as far to predict Dunbar will get 6 to 7 touches a game with a healthy Murray'

I agree for the most part Shark. Sam Hurd was TC MVP every yr for about 3 or 4 yrs there, but so much emphasis is on the passing game these days. Go back to last season, if Dallas wins that last game- which of course they didnt - the next week supposedly would have been someone off the streets starting at WR.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar all the way Eriko unless he fumbles in the preseason a few times. Right now, I would even go as far to predict Dunbar will get 6 to 7 touches a game with a healthy Murray'

I agree for the most part Shark. Sam Hurd was TC MVP every yr for about 3 or 4 yrs there, but so much emphasis is on the passing game these days. Go back to last season, if Dallas wins that last game- which of course they didnt - the next week supposedly would have been someone off the streets starting at WR.
If Dunbar keeps going like he has been, I wouldn't mind seeing him get more than that. I kind of agree with you on WR, sometimes all those guys need is a chance. Miles came out of nowhere, and Romo made L Robinson a Heck of a lot of money. Harris looked like he could get it done last year, and I'd like to see a couple of our guys fighting for 5-6 get some time with Romo. If you're open, he'll give you a shot

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate to say it guys. But if you dont get a semblance of a healthy O-line You could have Jim Brown, Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders and Jesus H Christ in the back field.. and it wont matter. Well I would Expect christ and Sanders to get 5YPC, but aside from those two, I wouldnt bank production from any running back what with dallas pulling guys out of the I quit line to play on the O-line. :noidea:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true Shark. I think a move will be made soon. It almost has to happen .

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it guys. But if you dont get a semblance of a healthy O-line You could have Jim Brown, Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders and Jesus H Christ in the back field.. and it wont matter. Well I would Expect christ and Sanders to get 5YPC, but aside from those two, I wouldnt bank production from any running back what with dallas pulling guys out of the I quit line to play on the O-line. :noidea:
I agree about our OL, but I think you can get to a point, with todays rules, that if you have enough weapons, your OL can look much better than it really is. And you have to have a commitment. I remember when Bill was the Coach, there were times when he would run it 3 times in a row, even if they were facing 3rd and 6. Keeping a 50/50 balance in the run game pays off by wearing down the D, while keeping your D off the field. Look at Denver when Tebow came in. Probably the worst thrower in the league, but Denver's Defense and OL didn't suddenly become better. They changed their philosophy, run and play conservative, it just works. Even a great team like the 90's Cowboys, I can remember games when the Eagles or Skins would blow up our running game early, but not in the 4th quarter. Callahan is a big wildcard for us

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true Shark. I think a move will be made soon. It almost has to happen .

Yea, but whats available?? If Jerry had actually committed to either line this year, I would be a tad worried about Dallas. But once again he half assed the O-line, and basically ignored the D-line despite obvious concerns.

But he got him a TE, WR and another RB. Now Im not poking fun, cause Washington was doing that for YEARS. Im just speaking from experience that depending on injured lineman to get suddenly healthy is just wasted cap space and roster spots.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OXNARD, Calif. -- Cowboys rookie wide receiver Terrance Williams left Friday's practice and was being tested for a possible concussion.

If Williams, who collided with cornerback Brandon Underwood during a passing drill, fails the baseline test, he will miss the Hall of Fame game against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Williams has to be symptom-free for a certain amount of days before being cleared to play. The Cowboys' second preseason game arrives quickly -- Friday, Aug. 9 at Oakland -- and he could miss that game as well.

Yall Boys are like the walking wounded and haevnt even faced another team yet. Sucks cause I thought Williams would be able to allow you to part with Miles and his contract next year.

Williams will be the 3rd WR and eventually Austins replacement, it will not make sense to cut Austin financially until after the 2014 season. Btw how is Hankerson looking in camp, does he still have a bad case of the dropsies :laugh3:

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but whats available?? If Jerry had actually committed to either line this year, I would be a tad worried about Dallas. But once again he half assed the O-line, and basically ignored the D-line despite obvious concerns.

But he got him a TE, WR and another RB. Now Im not poking fun, cause Washington was doing that for YEARS. Im just speaking from experience that depending on injured lineman to get suddenly healthy is just wasted cap space and roster spots.
A lot of people on here try and defend Jerry's drafting, but this year was baffling at best. The Escobar pick blew my mind. I was watching the draft, I knew that Swearinger the Safety was still on the board in the 2nd, but so were Warford, Armstead and B Jones. There was a real chance with the extra picks after the trade to pick up two and even three OL to give depth to what is really the only hole on Offense. Theres just no way to justify Escobar

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about our OL, but I think you can get to a point, with todays rules, that if you have enough weapons, your OL can look much better than it really is. And you have to have a commitment. I remember when Bill was the Coach, there were times when he would run it 3 times in a row, even if they were facing 3rd and 6. Keeping a 50/50 balance in the run game pays off by wearing down the D, while keeping your D off the field. Look at Denver when Tebow came in. Probably the worst thrower in the league, but Denver's Defense and OL didn't suddenly become better. They changed their philosophy, run and play conservative, it just works. Even a great team like the 90's Cowboys, I can remember games when the Eagles or Skins would blow up our running game early, but not in the 4th quarter. Callahan is a big wildcard for us

Agree Callahan is the Wildcard.. but as always Jerry is the blind ace on the flip. If Callahan tries running the ball early and often and Dallas starts out say 0-3... how long before Romo becomes the defacto play caller? Seriously?? As shitty as it sounds... Jerry would rather do it in this order.

1. Win pretty with the offense lighting it up
2. Win Ugly by a point or two with the offense barely scraping by
3. Lose pretty with the offense lighting it up but just falling short.

Now if you get to option four where you lose ugly and the offense does nothing... thats when Jerry fires some one. (See Phillips, Wade)

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Callahan is the Wildcard.. but as always Jerry is the blind ace on the flip. If Callahan tries running the ball early and often and Dallas starts out say 0-3... how long before Romo becomes the defacto play caller? Seriously?? As shitty as it sounds... Jerry would rather do it in this order.

1. Win pretty with the offense lighting it up
2. Win Ugly by a point or two with the offense barely scraping by
3. Lose pretty with the offense lighting it up but just falling short.

Now if you get to option four where you lose ugly and the offense does nothing... thats when Jerry fires some one. (See Phillips, Wade)
Cant argue. Been a Cowboys fan since before I started 1st grade, would rather watch the Boys than cartoons. The last 15 years have been tough, because every time the team looks like its going in the right direction, Jerry pulls a move that makes you go....:bullshit:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams will be the 3rd WR and eventually Austins replacement, it will not make sense to cut Austin financially until after the 2014 season. Btw how is Hankerson looking in camp, does he still have a bad case of the dropsies :laugh3:

Hank is Hank. And you of all people should know I never had any faith in him. If he pans out, sweet. But realistically he is 4th man on the totem pole, and looking like he might lose playing time to Robinson... you remember him right?? :)

As far as Miles... I agree Williams was brought in to eventually replace him. And i think he will. Was ttorn when dallas took him. didnt want to see him in Dallas, but it also meant Jerry ignored the lines again.. so it was a bitter sweet thing for me. Sad to see him go to dallas, glad to see Jerry be... jerry. :)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also side note.. if dallas is hell bent on running a two TE Set (as drafting Escobar and cutting the only FB on roster would make it seem) carrying 6 WRs is out of the question with the state of your Offensive and Defensive lines. to efectiely run a two TE set as your base, or even as half your base, you have got to carry four TEs, which makes a 6th WR a luxury that a team with injury concerns on both line simply cant afford.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank is Hank. And you of all people should know I never had any faith in him. If he pans out, sweet. But realistically he is 4th man on the totem pole, and looking like he might lose playing time to Robinson... you remember him right?? :)

As far as Miles... I agree Williams was brought in to eventually replace him. And i think he will. Was ttorn when dallas took him. didnt want to see him in Dallas, but it also meant Jerry ignored the lines again.. so it was a bitter sweet thing for me. Sad to see him go to dallas, glad to see Jerry be... jerry. :)

At the end of the day we got a starting Center & a future # 2 WR for our first round pick, sounds good to me. Where we should have picked a olineman was round 2.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also side note.. if dallas is hell bent on running a two TE Set (as drafting Escobar and cutting the only FB on roster would make it seem) carrying 6 WRs is out of the question with the state of your Offensive and Defensive lines. to efectiely run a two TE set as your base, or even as half your base, you have got to carry four TEs, which makes a 6th WR a luxury that a team with injury concerns on both line simply cant afford.

Not a big deal those who don't make the 53 roster are PS elgible, may not be safe though with WR thirsty teams like the Skids & Sheagles :gaah:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day we got a starting Center & a future # 2 WR for our first round pick, sounds good to me. Where we should have picked a olineman was round 2.

You sure about that. Last I heard out of Oxnard, Fredericks was moved over to Guard and costa was starting Center.... Im just saying. :whistle:

I have long said, you should have take Pugh after the trade down, and taken fredericks in Round 2. As I think odds of him being there were better than 80% in the second round.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if we need an extra WR, we can always sign up Nelson Cruz. That boy can catch! Seriously, dude just had a ball bounce off his body that would make Jose Canseco look like Willie Mays. Hurray up Cowboys!