• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting Pitchers.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies signed Williams to a one year contract at 2.5 million. Burnett is returning. (to my dismay). Then you have Hamels,Lee,and Buchanan. Gonzalez would be a backup starter. So that means there is money to add a few hitters. Howard and Brown must go in order to improve hitting. Ruf needs a full time chance
to see if he can add power and on base percentage. I would prefer a change in center field as well. Any body that can hit at least 10 home runs and has a good arm. Byrd will probably stay. But keep in mind that the only way we can get decent prospects is by trading Hamels. But since we have enough young players to fill position roles in the infield (including Franco) I think we should keep Hamels. IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they moved Kendricks and Retardo yet. I am amazed those two are still Phillies if they haven't. They should move Papelbon up into the rotation and find another young fireball thrower to take his spot in the BULLpen we have. Maybe our young draftee is ready to move on up.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they moved Kendricks and Retardo yet. I am amazed those two are still Phillies if they haven't. They should move Papelbon up into the rotation and find another young fireball thrower to take his spot in the BULLpen we have. Maybe our young draftee is ready to move on up.

Kendricks will not be renewed. Nola will get a spring training opportunity but he would have to beat out Buchanan. But Nola could start in triple A ball and be available in case of injury. No chance of Paps being moved into the rotation. Nola may have been a consideration if Burnett had retired. I think Batardo could be packaged in a trade with Howard or Brown. No way we can compete if Howard and Brown are still here. IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Northeast, if they are not going to move Papelbon into the rotation, then Nola could take his spot and they really need to move Retardo and Kendricks outta here. Hell, package the four players and send them to somebody who will give us a pitcher or another outfielder.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks will not be renewed. Nola will get a spring training opportunity but he would have to beat out Buchanan. But Nola could start in triple A ball and be available in case of injury. No chance of Paps being moved into the rotation. Nola may have been a consideration if Burnett had retired. I think Batardo could be packaged in a trade with Howard or Brown. No way we can compete if Howard and Brown are still here. IMO.

wow! bastardo, howard, and brown...gm's all over the majors will be so anxious to talk with the phillies! lolol!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow! bastardo, howard, and brown...gm's all over the majors will be so anxious to talk with the phillies! lolol!

Somebody will take Howard on the cheap as a dh. A lefty middle reliever still has value. Brown comes cheap enough for a low budget team to take a chance. That is how I see it!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep Westcoast, that is indeed one of the drawbacks with those four stiffs. People aren't exactly lining up to talk to numbnuts about any one of them. Another testament to that idiot's "abilities".:10:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nobody wants these Phillies. Our only hope is that if they remain on the team, Brown will turn it around and have a great year - it could happen, can't it? Don't answer that. And Howard will learn to drag bunt down the 3rd base line to beat the shift and get 20 extra hits. Don't answer that either. And the Nix family still lives too.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nobody wants these Phillies. Our only hope is that if they remain on the team, Brown will turn it around and have a great year - it could happen, can't it? Don't answer that. And Howard will learn to drag bunt down the 3rd base line to beat the shift and get 20 extra hits. Don't answer that either. And the Nix family still lives too.

Oh sure! And Gwyn Jr will hit over 300 for his new team! Last but not least gasoline prices will drop below a dollar!