• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting LBs????

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I dont understand why Mcclain is not getting starter reps. He potentially looks like a beast to me. Big and explosive. I did not like it when we drafted Hitchens, but am waiting to see if he has anything. Maybe he does, but I have my doubts.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crap Carter made the starting line up. This isn't a good sign for our LB core.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the lineup in drills. I think ihe did take starter reps during team over Hitchens. It also looks as if Wilbur is the odd man out

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing they tweak the front 7 quite a bit this season, do I don't expect this group to start 16 games, even if they do stay healthy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to see a lot of rotation at LB, so don't worry too much about who starts, lets just hope 3 guys step up. Unlike most here I really liked the Hitchens pick. When we first signed him I just didn't know much about him and wasn't sure what to think, but after reading up on him and watching a bunch of clips on him I really liked the pick. So, I am optimistic, but I don't think he seems ready to start at MLB based on what I saw in the preseason games. He seemed to have a good nose for where the ball was going, but also seemed to have trouble separating from blockers to make the tackle.

On McClain, I wasn't impressed with him In the Preseason games. Seemed to take the wrong angle or pick the wrong hole way too often. But, he hasn't played in a long time, so he certainly has room to grow here.

My biggest concern with the LBs is I'm not sure we have any good ones. Durant seemed by far the winner of the preseason according to the team, but he's never really impressed me and he just doesn't have the coverage skills for this defense. He seems to chase more than get himself in the right spot.

Any FAs out there still???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toomer's strength is coverage I have read which is a good sign

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Durant was in practice , he wasnt good in the games. As bad as Carter was in practice, he was pretty good in games. McClain , I really dont know what to think. One day he seems pumped up, ready to go and then other days he seems like he would rather be fishing or something. Wilbur must have not done much- two weeks ago I thought he was the only one that they knew would start- now he isnt. Its almost like these guys are just too laid back to be NFL LBs.

On a good note, Selvie Meton and TMcClain all sound like they will play this week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Monday, Cowboys SLB Bruce Carter said Justin Durant will man the weak-side, and that Rolando McClain will start in the middle.
That may be the Cowboys' starting trio, but Durant is expected to be the only every-down player. Fourth-rounder Anthony Hitchens should mix in with McClain, who hasn't started a game since November 2012. The Cowboys are using duct tape and glue as they attempt to assemble their 2014 defense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard one of the hosts on NFL Radio Network yesterday (around 3PM if anyone knows the hosts and i think he was an ex Giant OL) talking about how our DL should be very strong and make our defense much better than people think and he wasn't talking about Spencer or Lawrence when they are back. He was talking about week 1 and in addition to Melton he also liked Mincey and Selvie a lot. I kind of was waiting for the other guy to say are you nuts, but he didn't. I keep making the case we can be "OK" up front, but I don't even see how they are going to be very good right now.

I will say my thinking is the DL is going to take a lot of the blame for the LBs inability to play the run.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Ohara probably. He kind of looks like the old Colt C Saturday

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard one of the hosts on NFL Radio Network yesterday (around 3PM if anyone knows the hosts and i think he was an ex Giant OL) talking about how our DL should be very strong and make our defense much better than people think and he wasn't talking about Spencer or Lawrence when they are back. He was talking about week 1 and in addition to Melton he also liked Mincey and Selvie a lot. I kind of was waiting for the other guy to say are you nuts, but he didn't. I keep making the case we can be "OK" up front, but I don't even see how they are going to be very good right now.

I will say my thinking is the DL is going to take a lot of the blame for the LBs inability to play the run.

Deep down I agree with the DL being much better than many think. I am going into week 1 with my eyes shut though. I'm on both ends of the spectrum when it come to this line. I can see it being good or very bad at the same time. The LB's scare me more because they can't seem to be able to locate the damn ball.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...said a month ago the dline won't be the issue most think and the DB's should be pretty darn good. That leaves LB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the interview with Hitchens from today. Man some of these guys sure sound the part.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...said a month ago the dline won't be the issue most think and the DB's should be pretty darn good. That leaves LB.

I will admit I was in panic mode watching game 2 this preseason about the DL. They couldn't tackle and the LB's were always a step slow. I didn't even try to judge the DB's because I thought it would be unfair to do so. No more excuses. The starters are all here now. Just get this defense into the low 20's high teens and we can/will make so e noise.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit I was in panic mode watching game 2 this preseason about the DL. They couldn't tackle and the LB's were always a step slow. I didn't even try to judge the DB's because I thought it would be unfair to do so. No more excuses. The starters are all here now. Just get this defense into the low 20's high teens and we can/will make so e noise.

yes sir.....there is a chance this defense ranks low twenties or dare we think high teens??.
yes sir.....the eagles, giants and redskins make it hard to assume we will suck

great thing....start of a new football season. :suds:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes sir.....there is a chance this defense ranks low twenties or dare we think high teens??.
yes sir.....the eagles, giants and redskins make it hard to assume we will suck

great thing....start of a new football season. :suds:

The greatest thing it's football and you never know what each team really is. I can't wait.:suds::suds::suds::suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is saying McClain will start in the middle according to Carter.

Speaking Monday, Cowboys SLB Bruce Carter said Justin Durant will man the weak-side, and that Rolando McClain will start in the middle.

That may be the Cowboys' starting trio, but Durant is expected to be the only every-down player. Fourth-rounder Anthony Hitchens should mix in with McClain, who hasn't started a game since November 2012. The Cowboys are using duct tape and glue as they attempt to assemble their 2014 defense.