• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stars against their old squads

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Irving gets traded will be fun to see him vs. the Cavs.
i just htink its funny there is an outside chance the entire Miami Big 3 may be in Cleveland this year. lol.....not a great chance--def. less than 50/50....but its there.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Irving gets traded will be fun to see him vs. the Cavs.

His first game in Cleveland could make Lebron's first game back after he went to Miami look like a warm welcome.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently you havent been paying too much attention to LeBron's already vast business empire---- from Beats to Blaze Pizza--- he has focused on equity- rather than just service contracts for advertisements.

Apparently you have trouble grasping what you read. I didn't say anything about Lebron or his businesses. I said what is being stated out here about what he may want regarding his businesses and what he says wants to accomplish.

Magic also had businesses, endorsements, etc. when he was a player. So did Kobe. Both still wanted to learn from others. Lebron is likely smart enough to realize that there is still plenty to be learned from those who have had the same type of after basketball success that he's looking to have. You yourself have said that if Lebron goes to LA, much of his decision will be non basketball related, this fits as part of that.

I had no idea he's involved in Blaze Pizza. He should get out of that. Their pizza sucks.

LeBron is what? 32? his estimated net worth is 400M...Magic is what? almost 60? estimated net worth at 600M. LeBron will pass him before long I would think.

Maybe, maybe not. When Magic first started amassing his fortune, there wasn't the level of money being thrown around like there is now. Ultimately, it depends on how successful he is a starting/maintaining his businesses after he no longer is receiving NBA money and endorsement money.

as has been abundantly clear- you dont need to live in LA or NY in order to be a huge marketing/business wise like you prob had to be 20 years ago.

You don't need to, but it still helps. Also, if that's where the people you hope to learn from are based, it helps to be based there too.

I'm also not saying that Lebron HAS to learn specifically from Magic, there are plenty of successful folks that he can learn from. Magic just happens to be one of the more prominent and seems to be one of the most willing to show others.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you have trouble grasping what you read. I didn't say anything about Lebron or his businesses. I said what is being stated out here about what he may want regarding his businesses and what he says wants to accomplish.

Magic also had businesses, endorsements, etc. when he was a player. So did Kobe. Both still wanted to learn from others. Lebron is likely smart enough to realize that there is still plenty to be learned from those who have had the same type of after basketball success that he's looking to have. You yourself have said that if Lebron goes to LA, much of his decision will be non basketball related, this fits as part of that.

I had no idea he's involved in Blaze Pizza. He should get out of that. Their pizza sucks.

Maybe, maybe not. When Magic first started amassing his fortune, there wasn't the level of money being thrown around like there is now. Ultimately, it depends on how successful he is a starting/maintaining his businesses after he no longer is receiving NBA money and endorsement money.

You don't need to, but it still helps. Also, if that's where the people you hope to learn from are based there, it helps to be based there too.

I'm also not saying that Lebron HAS to learn specifically from Magic, there are plenty of successful folks that he can learn from. Magic just happens to be one of the more prominent and seems to be one of the most willing to show others.
yah like Warren Buffet- his already buddy.

You had no idea hes involved with Blaze Pizza--- which kind of shows your level of knowledge.

He had offers from plenty of other food chains--- McDonalds etc....tons of them--- he acually cut his ties from them to take the Blaze Pizza offer.

but those places offered him just an endrosement deal--- something old school guys would have jumped at.

LeBron instead takes equity in the company---- where the real money is-- just like he did with Beats by Dre-- where he made a killing before they were bought out by apple. Itll be the same thing with Blaze--- he gets stock- not a endorsement contract......LeBron is blazing his OWN path.

LeBron has people like Warren Buffet to rely on. LeBron is forging his own path and doing it his own way- i think the LAST thing he would want is the appearance that he is "under someones wing"- especially another basketball guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron made $30 million from Beats sale

LeBron's dough rises behind pizza investment

After the initial investment in 2012, James wasn't allowed to endorse Blaze Pizza, because he had a deal with McDonald's, but news that he was involved was huge, Rick Wetzel said.

LeBron James' first act, becoming one of the greatest basketball players in history, is all but settled as a success. His second act -- to become a global entertainment icon -- is just beginning.

"When he invested in us so early on, he established us as the market leader," Wetzel said. "He put a star on our forehead as a company that was legitimate."

In 2015, James and Carter, with three years and $14 million left on LeBron's McDonald's deal, had a decision to make.

"It was a great partnership with McDonald's, we did some great things on television," James said during an appearance on Carter's web series, "Kneading Dough." "The potential on what we could make if we just put the time and effort into it exceeded what McDonald's guaranteed me."

Sources told ESPN that an investment that James, his business partner Maverick Carter and financial adviser Paul Wachter of Main Street Advisors made for less than $1 million in 2012 in upstart fast-casual chain Blaze Pizza has turned into $25 million.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron made $30 million from Beats sale

LeBron's dough rises behind pizza investment

After the initial investment in 2012, James wasn't allowed to endorse Blaze Pizza, because he had a deal with McDonald's, but news that he was involved was huge, Rick Wetzel said.

LeBron James' first act, becoming one of the greatest basketball players in history, is all but settled as a success. His second act -- to become a global entertainment icon -- is just beginning.

"When he invested in us so early on, he established us as the market leader," Wetzel said. "He put a star on our forehead as a company that was legitimate."

In 2015, James and Carter, with three years and $14 million left on LeBron's McDonald's deal, had a decision to make.

"It was a great partnership with McDonald's, we did some great things on television," James said during an appearance on Carter's web series, "Kneading Dough." "The potential on what we could make if we just put the time and effort into it exceeded what McDonald's guaranteed me."

Sources told ESPN that an investment that James, his business partner Maverick Carter and financial adviser Paul Wachter of Main Street Advisors made for less than $1 million in 2012 in upstart fast-casual chain Blaze Pizza has turned into $25 million.

shut the fuck up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had no idea hes involved with Blaze Pizza--- which kind of shows your level of knowledge.

This is just a stupid comment by you and the type of shit that gets you banned from threads. Of course I don't know every business Lebron is involved in. Why would I? I do know that Blaze Pizza sucks though.

I did know him being involved in Beats.

yah like Warren Buffet- his already buddy.

He had offers from plenty of other food chains--- McDonalds etc....tons of them--- he acually cut his ties from them to take the Blaze Pizza offer.

but those places offered him just an endrosement deal--- something old school guys would have jumped at.

LeBron instead takes equity in the company---- where the real money is-- just like he did with Beats by Dre-- where he made a killing before they were bought out by apple. Itll be the same thing with Blaze--- he gets stock- not a endorsement contract......LeBron is blazing his OWN path.

LeBron has people like Warren Buffet to rely on. LeBron is forging his own path and doing it his own way- i think the LAST thing he would want is the appearance that he is "under someones wing"- especially another basketball guy.

The fact that you think that learning from others means "being under someones wing" shows your own level of knowledge.

Smart people are smart enough to know what they don't know. Lebron, like both Magic, as well as other successful people, are always learning from others. It's that drive to be better, to be successful and to always learn and try new things that drives their success.

Someone like Lebron, with his accomplishments and goals is likely to be willing to learn from anyone he can. Magic, as a former all time great basketball player who has been very successful post NBA, can relate to Lebron in ways that someone like Warren Buffet can't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a stupid comment by you and the type of shit that gets you banned from threads. Of course I don't know every business Lebron is involved in. Why would I? I do know that Blaze Pizza sucks though.

I did know him being involved in Beats.

The fact that you think that learning from others means "being under someones wing" shows your own level of knowledge.

Smart people are smart enough to know what they don't know. Lebron, like both Magic, as well as other successful people, are always learning from others. It's that drive to be better, to be successful and to always learn and try new things that drives their success.

Someone like Lebron, with his accomplishments and goals is likely to be willing to learn from anyone he can. Magic, as a former all time great basketball player who has been very successful post NBA, can relate to Lebron in ways that someone like Warren Buffet can't.
its just funny that you casually dismiss Blaze Pizza "as bad pizza- he should get out of it" - and talk about how someone can help him out- without even knowing what leBron is doing

that "pizza that sucks" that he should get out of- has already netted him more money than his contract with McDonalds netted him- MUCH MUCH more.

I mean- think about that kind of business acumen LeBron displayed---- instead of working for McDonalds--- one of the biggest companies in the world- on a 3 year 14M dollar deal----- just by his influence alone he has already made a 24M dollar profit at Blaze Pizza.

Equity is the name of the game...its how he made 30M on Beats by Dre.

It just goes to show you that LeBron is already working at another level------ and with a guy like Warren Buffet advising him--- not sure why he would need Magic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just funny that you casually dismiss Blaze Pizza "as bad pizza- he should get out of it" - and talk about how someone can help him out- without even knowing what leBron is doing

Why is that? I've had Blaze Pizza...it sucks. It doesn't matter what he's doing. His pizza still sucks.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure why he would need Magic.

Already explained that. The fact that you can't grasp it says a lot about you. None of it good, but stuff everyone on here already knows.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kyrie fucking lights up the cavs. I have the celtics, but fuck the cavs even more.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrying an "I hope you break your other leg" sign no doubt.

I don't literally hop he breaks his leg, I really don't. I hope he and Westbrook play great together, and I like Kanter as a third scorer. That being said, there's still plenty of flaws on this roster...

First of all, power forward depth is going to be an issue after losing Gibson and Sabonis, plus the fact that newcomer Patrick Patterson just underwent knee surgery...And overall this team still lacks play-makers, to the point that Westbrook will be creating a lot by himself again this season. I think Oladipo could prove to be a bigger loss than people realize since he was one of the few guys on last year's roster that could create his own shot...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't literally hop he breaks his leg, I really don't. I hope he and Westbrook play great together,

You just don't want him going to the Lakers ya bastid.

First of all, power forward depth is going to be an issue after losing Gibson and Sabonis, plus the fact that newcomer Patrick Patterson just underwent knee surgery...And overall this team still lacks play-makers, to the point that Westbrook will be creating a lot by himself again this season. I think Oladipo could prove to be a bigger loss than people realize since he was one of the few guys on last year's roster that could create his own shot...

Agree with much of this. No doubt the roster still has holes. I think that's a big part of why Westbrook hasn't signed the extension that OKC has on the table for him. He knows that the Thunder should be better, but they're not "better enough" and he wants to see what else they will do.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually the SPURS find some D-league scrub castoffs, Euroleaguer, or veteran reclamation project.

The Spurs system somehow turn these guys into functional decent NBA players and solid contributors.

Then they go and sign for big money elsewhere to totally suck again outside the Spurs system.

Most of them either try and come back, or they are out of the league quickly.

I dont remember a star player leaving the Spurs to come back and torture them.