• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stars against their old squads

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season will feature a lot of games with significant players facing their old teams. CP3 vs LAC, PG vs Indiana, Hayward vs Utah, and Butler vs Chicago will all be covered heavily by the media.

I haven't thought about it before but that seems like a lot of awkward hugs and pregame conversations. PG back in Indy could hear a lot of boos.

Another boring offseason thread, I know.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't thought about it before but that seems like a lot of awkward hugs and pregame conversations. PG back in Indy could hear a lot of boos.

Will try and get tickets for that game but I ain't holding my breath.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will try and get tickets for that game but I ain't holding my breath.

Shouldn't have any problems getting tickets to a pacers game these next few seasons. They'll probably be giving them away at Jack in the Box when you purchase a large beverage.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't have any problems getting tickets to a pacers game these next few seasons. They'll probably be giving them away at Jack in the Box when you purchase a large beverage.

Nope, just found out today that it will in fact be my final exam week, and my career is more important than Paul George.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie vs. Sacramento (Sacramento prob gives him a standing ovation and Cousins goes for 50)
DeMarre Carroll vs. Raptors (Demarre talked a whole lot of shit about the Raptors after he was traded)

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just found out today that it will in fact be my final exam week, and my career is more important than Paul George.

Of course it is todd...

3c690bebb8775754533eef4dc52a086f.gif

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not allow this thread to be a platform for your personal drama.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see when Omri Casspi faces his old team, the Kings...

and the Cavs, and the Wolves, and the Rockets, and the Pelicans. :thumb:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see when Omri Casspi faces his old team, the Kings...

and the Cavs, and the Wolves, and the Rockets, and the Pelicans. :thumb:
just as long as LeBron skips playing in Miami again Ill be happy. lol........

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season will feature a lot of games with significant players facing their old teams. CP3 vs LAC, PG vs Indiana, Hayward vs Utah, and Butler vs Chicago will all be covered heavily by the media.

You forgot Swaggy P vs. the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers getting PG, Lebron and Bosh? :yes:
i dont doubt LA should be #2 on the list of possible lebron destinations - with Cleveland as a slight favorite

but there are some obstacles as i have said

A. they arent ready to compete
B. LeBron wont have the control he covets
C. LeBron seems happy here
D. the fit-- LEBron needs the ball in his hands--- Ball needs the ball in his hands. Its not like Ball is a shooter that can spread the floor for Bron. Ball and MAgic want to play up- tempo--- a type of game LeBron ahs never really been that interested in playing.

as bad as it got in Cleveland even when he elft- i dont remember anyone spraying racist graffiti on his house either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. they arent ready to compete

If you put PG and Lebron on that team as currently constructed, they would be very close. I could see them with a deep playoff run (2nd round or later) in the first season and then the WCF or finals in the 2nd season.

B. LeBron wont have the control he covets

This would be a sticking point for sure. Lebron is used to certain "concessions" that I just don't see the Lakers giving him. They'd no doubt give him some, you have to with any star player, but I seriously doubt it would be at the level he's used to.

C. LeBron seems happy here

He has an owner that he hates, the Cavs have accomplished nothing in the off season that gets them closer to beating the Warriors and the other star player on the team has openly said that he doesn't want to play with Lebron anymore....and you think he's happy?

D. the fit-- LEBron needs the ball in his hands--- Ball needs the ball in his hands. Its not like Ball is a shooter that can spread the floor for Bron. Ball and MAgic want to play up- tempo--- a type of game LeBron ahs never really been that interested in playing.

I disagree here. Ball doesn't need the ball in his hands. He is very good at starting the offense. He isn't the type of pass first point guard that needs to be the guy who makes the assist. He's perfectly happy to make the pass that leads to the assist. One of his best attributes is his willingness to pass the ball ahead on the break rather than have to bring it up and lead the break himself. I also think that Lonzo would welcome the opportunity to learn from Lebron.

Lebron is arguably the most unselfish, non point guard star that we've seen. I think he'd be just fine not having to carry as much of the load as he did in Miami and especially in Cleveland. It would leave him with more energy to take over at the end of games.

as bad as it got in Cleveland even when he elft- i dont remember anyone spraying racist graffiti on his house either.

That kind of crap can happen anywhere. Pretty sure Lebron's smart enough to know that.

One thing that has been brought up out here (I don't know how much it's talked about in other areas of the country), is Lebron's desire for team ownership and other business ventures for after he retires. What they are saying is that he wants to set himself up like Magic has and may desire to be able to observe/pick Magic's brain on a daily basis. Apparently, he's made the same kinds of statements about learning from others who have been successful as Magic did back when he was playing.

Last edited:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Irving gets traded will be fun to see him vs. the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put PG and Lebron on that team as currently constructed, they would be very close. I could see them with a deep playoff run (2nd round or later) in the first season and then the WCF or finals in the 2nd season.

This would be a sticking point for sure. Lebron is used to certain "concessions" that I just don't see the Lakers giving him. They'd no doubt give him some, you have to with any star player, but I seriously doubt it would be at the level he's used to.

He has an owner that he hates, the Cavs have accomplished nothing in the off season that gets them closer to beating the Warriors and the other star player on the team has openly said that he doesn't want to play with Lebron anymore....and you think he's happy?

I disagree here. Ball doesn't need the ball in his hands. He is very good at starting the offense. He isn't the type of pass first point guard that needs to be the guy who makes the assist. He's perfectly happy to make the pass that leads to the assist. One of his best attributes is his willingness to pass the ball ahead on the break rather than have to bring it up and lead the break himself. I also think that Lonzo would welcome the opportunity to learn from Lebron.

Lebron is arguably the most unselfish, non point guard star that we've seen. I think he'd be just fine not having to carry as much of the load as he did in Miami and especially in Cleveland. It would leave him with more energy to take over at the end of games.

That kind of crap can happen anywhere. Pretty sure Lebron's smart enough to know that.

One thing that his brought up out here. I don't know how much it's talked about in other areas of the country, is Lebron's desire for team ownership and other business ventures for after he retires. What they are saying is that he wants to set himself up like Magic has and may desire to be able to observe/pick Magic's brain on a daily basis. Apparently, he's made the same kinds of statements about learning from others who have been successful as Magic did back when he was playing.
apparently you havent been paying too much attention to LeBron's already vast business empire---- from Beats to Blaze Pizza--- he has focused on equity- rather than just service contracts for advertisements.

LeBron is what? 32? his estimated net worth is 400M...Magic is what? almost 60? estimated net worth at 600M. LeBron will pass him before long I would think.

plus if LeBron ever wants to own an NBA itll never be in LA.

as has been abundantly clear- you dont need to live in LA or NY in order to be a huge marketing/business wise like you prob had to be 20 years ago.