• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Outlaws

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks dope. That transition from open world play to space play is awesome.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good, worth a play. I'll play it some time in the future maybe next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect I'll only get this if I hear the story is great.

This game feels about 4-5 years too late. We have two decent Star Wars story-based adventures. One space travel Star Wars game. A boat load of Disney+ shows with strong merc characters and cute little sidekicks. I'd also say that cinematic games and open world games dont organically blend themselves together as they usually have different set rules. Something like RDR2 gets away with it because it has top tier writing and the open world is the deepest out there.

I'll wait and see, though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New trailer and a release date; August 30 2024

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks amazing tbh. Almost too good to be true. Fingers crossed it delivers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hope so. It does look really good.

It sounds amazing. Apparently there's a rep system that you have with the 5 syndicates and Empire and the game can differ on how you play and your rep with each group. I really hope they aren't overhyping this game because it looks like it could be the best Star Wars game ever.

Those transitions from planet to space alone are crisp as fuck.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds amazing. Apparently there's a rep system that you have with the 5 syndicates and Empire and the game can differ on how you play and your rep with each group. I really hope they aren't overhyping this game because it looks like it could be the best Star Wars game ever.

Those transitions from planet to space alone are crisp as fuck.
Yeah I was impressed, if they can successfully integrate a bounty syndicate system with meaningful changes to the story, I’ll love the replayability aspect of it, the deeper the better.

There’s so many games that have claimed “choices matter” and some definitely implement it better than others.

I’m buying this game no matter what though because I love Star Wars.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of backlash towards this game all summer, reviews so far make it seem like it’s not all that bad.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of backlash towards this game all summer, reviews so far make it seem like it’s not all that bad.

Backlash was from the typical group that bitches and whines about everything. Everything I've seen so far is positive reviews. The common gripe seems to be the space combat is a little disappointing, saying its not bad but its sorta bare bones and could have been a lot better. But other than that, it looks like a great game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the sales on this were poor enough to tank Ubisoft's stock

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the sales on this were poor enough to tank Ubisoft's stock

They haven't released sales numbers though. Tech took a hit across the board today. It's much more likely that than anything related specifically to the game

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up the game today. Not very far into it. Basically just did (most of) the tutorial and got to the first planet. All the takes out there about how it starts slow but opens up and gets pretty fun look like they're true. The opening tutorial level is pretty standard fare, but its also not particularly designed well for a tutorial. They just kinda dump you into the game and don't really explain much how things works. Also, the lockpicking mini-game suuuuuuucks. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to make that shit work even with the UI help. Luckily there's tons of settings in this game and you can disable it, which I did. Now that the game is starting to open up, I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spending more time with this game, I'm still on the first planet you travel to (Toshara) but I've done the first space mission. I'm liking this game quite a bit. People complaining about the stealth on this game must not be that good at stealth. You gotta use Nix and your surroundings a lot. If you do that, the stealth isn't near as hard as people are making it out to be. I'm having fun with it. It really does feel like you're in Star Wars. I find myself getting distracted all the time just traveling around checking things out. There's a ton of detail here and like I said, I'm really just on the first planet. The game hasn't truly opened all the way up for me just yet.

It's not perfect though. There was certain times where its not very intuitive at all. Like I mentioned earlier, the tutorial elements don't do a particularly good job of explaining so its easy to get confused on certain controls or even miss them entirely (for example if you double tap B on Xbox, you'll do a dodge roll. It never tells you this even though its really helpful in a firefight). There's also some mission where its not clear where you're suppose to go or what to do. Been a couple of times where I got stuck midmission like "wtf does it want me to do?" and after awhile, I just broke down and looked it up on Youtube. There's also a few bugs around. So far nothing game breaking for me where you can't progress until its patched but more minor annoyance type things. Couple of examples here; there's a minor mission that I completed but my journal log never updates it as complete. Like game wise, its done and I have my rewards and move on to the next mission, its just the log never updates. Another side mission where a character says he wants you steal something using stealth, I do it but then the guy says "Why did you go in gun's blazing?" and is mad about it. I still get the rewards, but the dialogue is bugged. There's also been a couple of datapads that I should be able to read but it won't let me open them. Looking it up online it says they aren't major to the mission,so again its just a minor annoyance.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with it. I recommend it picking it up, especially if you're a Star Wars fan