• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Battlefront trailor

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am loving the look of this.

What are your thoughts on this being a multiplayer only release? That's right, no campaign mode. For COD games I would love to buy just the Mp version. Star Wars, not so sure I like the idea. Always like the story modes on these games.

Enjoy the vid...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of game that will have folks who haven't bought next gen consoles go out and get one.

Gamechanger right here.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the fact that its multiplayer only. It's such a big turnoff that I won't be getting it no matter how awesome it looks. I don't want to invest my time and money into something that's dependent on other people. Some stupid asshole or punk kid douchebag isn't ruining my experience. That's why all games should have a single player campaign.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the fact that its multiplayer only. It's such a big turnoff that I won't be getting it no matter how awesome it looks. I don't want to invest my time and money into something that's dependent on other people. Some stupid asshole or punk kid douchebag isn't ruining my experience. That's why all games should have a single player campaign.
Booo, multiplayer only games are the best. I haven't been into a single player game in over a decade. And, honestly, the best multiplayer games are the ones where they dedicate all of their energy into making the multiplayer great. If they added a single player it would be like any other single player in Battlefield -- terrible. It's unnecessary in that type of game. Even if some kid is tea bagging you and ruining your experience, the single player in most of those games won't make up for it because they're just rushed and bad. IMO you can have a good single player or a good multiplayer...but not both.

I just really hope they make this as close to Battlefield as possible. The thought of jumping into an xwing and fighting an imperial tie-fighter while a battle rages on below makes me giggle like a school girl.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it makes my junk move.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a PvP or PvE game?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booo, multiplayer only games are the best. I haven't been into a single player game in over a decade. And, honestly, the best multiplayer games are the ones where they dedicate all of their energy into making the multiplayer great. If they added a single player it would be like any other single player in Battlefield -- terrible. It's unnecessary in that type of game. Even if some kid is tea bagging you and ruining your experience, the single player in most of those games won't make up for it because they're just rushed and bad. IMO you can have a good single player or a good multiplayer...but not both.

I just really hope they make this as close to Battlefield as possible. The thought of jumping into an xwing and fighting an imperial tie-fighter while a battle rages on below makes me giggle like a school girl.

Not battlefield. Battlefront.

Except they have said it's not a continuation of the series, but a reboot and reimagining. So I guess it could just be a crappy star wars skinned battlefield game.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not battlefield. Battlefront.

Except they have said it's not a continuation of the series, but a reboot and reimagining. So I guess it could just be a crappy star wars skinned battlefield game.
Yes, I know. I used Battlefield as an example of a game where you buy it for the multiplayer, they throw in a single player and it's garbage.

Since this is the same company (EA - DICE) that makes battlefield, and battlefront was a similar game the last time it was made (like 2006) I'm assuming it will once again be similar to battlefield. It's using the same engine as BF4 and is already confirmed to have similar concepts -- most notably fighting in vehicles and on the ground at the same time.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have actual gameplay video yet? The trailer seems like Destiny where they put a ton of production value into it but the graphics are going to be scaled back to what we expect out of a typical game today.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have actual gameplay video yet? The trailer seems like Destiny where they put a ton of production value into it but the graphics are going to be scaled back to what we expect out of a typical game today.
Nope. It's all "in engine" footage but none of it is gameplay. So I imagine the graphics will look worse than they do in the two trailers we've seen.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm perfectly fine with no story mode because I don't play the linear stories in FPS games anyway, but I do like playing offline co-op with my with my wife and kids against bots. My wife and kids are not proficient enough at shooters to compete against online gamers, so I scale the competition back and work tactically with them.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if there is no local splitscreen or bot capability in this game.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm perfectly fine with no story mode because I don't play the linear stories in FPS games anyway, but I do like playing offline co-op with my with my wife and kids against bots. My wife and kids are not proficient enough at shooters to compete against online gamers, so I scale the competition back and work tactically with them.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if there is no local splitscreen or bot capability in this game.
That sounds great man. wish my wife played video games with me. Oh well, I have 3 boys that can kick my ass at shooters already, and I am pretty good. So that works out well for me.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish my wife played video games with me.

There is some occasional downside to that too though. She gets irritated when I kill four times as many enemies as she does in games like Borderlands and Destiny and rank up faster than she does, so I have to tiptoe a line between killing enough to keep us alive and leaving enough enemies for her to kill. I'll take it though, it's quality time most other couples don't have.

We've played a lot of splitscreen Battlefront together and she's excited about the new game too. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.