• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an embarrassment that the actions of a few can get the crowd going like that. I can tell you this... I won't take my daughter over to an out door event in Vancouver ever.

And these idiots have probably now cost the city of Vancouver the priviledge of ever hosting a major event again. Sad.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PensRyourDaddy PensAreYourDaddy
by ChanelEm
Considering Vancouver's reaction last night makes me wonder how many lives Sidney Crosby saved with his gold medal winning goal.

Hah...but seriously.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a award for Most Courageous Reporter, Rob Brown should get nominated...

yah he's gonna get some sort of award for reporting for this ... he was basically the only reporter on the street ... lots of viewers feared for him

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woke up this morning to a parody of Sublime's "April 29 1992". Can't seem to find it online though. Too bad.

Quick work by whoever did it.

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all of the idiots are going to jail.. so much evidence out there in form of photos and videos.. and facebook statuses :L

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, congrats to the Bruins and their fans for a hard fought deserving win. Enjoy it.

My thoughts on last nights game-
The Canucks came out pretty good as they have all series (even the blow-outs they started well) but the defense got caught standing around watching after a somewhat lazy defensive zone face-off and that all important first goal went to the B's. I can't blame Luongo on that one. After that, they seemed to lose all life and once Marchand scored on the wrap around, it was all over but the crying (ironic, isn't it that Luongo gets caught being too aggressive on the front side on that one and can't recover. So much for a style of play making it an easy save). Kesler was trying to be his old self and get the team going and I think the Sedins are getting a bit of a bad rap. It wasn't lack of effort and heart. It was a matter of Chara and the other B's defense being just too damn good and when they made a mistake, Thomas was there. The one time they had Thomas beat, Chara got that massive frame in the way (although it was his giveaway that caused the chance). The Canucks looked like they were running on fumes most of the third period and full marks to Boston for playing a stifling defense. Thomas didn't even have to be Superman last night.

All in all, a deserving win and a deserving Conn Smythe winner. Enjoy the cup, Bruins fans and to my fellow Canucks faithful, let's not be too down. It is, after all, just a game and let's go get em next year.:wave:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's this: Boston fans can never complain about a championship drought for at least 15 years.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Vancouver cops are too tame, IMO...

We should have sent up some LAPD personnel up there to help out.

It's sad to see stuff like that but it's expected... nothing you can do about it. Every team's got a few idiot fans who always make asses of themselves.
unfortunately, our police are afraid of "offending" any of these assholes who can file brutality charges.
and the courts have historically been even softer.

I agree, if you take down the first few, the rest won't be so brave.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
*** tear gas nut shot ****
perfect. Hope that not only hurt a lot, but Darwin got his shot in as well.
Also apparently there is some public sex going on as well. God knows what would have happened if the Canucks had won.
Isn't it romaaaantic, tear-gas in the aaaiiirr
scaled.php

Apparently they've ransacked a Chapters bookstore - Are they educated hooligans?
they also went into a Blendz, but left the Starbucks alone. Even the rioters are coffee snobs
(stolen from twitter)
It's an embarrassment that the actions of a few can get the crowd going like that. I can tell you this... I won't take my daughter over to an out door event in Vancouver ever.

And these idiots have probably now cost the city of Vancouver the priviledge of ever hosting a major event again. Sad.
If this had happened a couple of years ago, there's no way we would have gotten the Olympics.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah he's gonna get some sort of award for reporting for this ... he was basically the only reporter on the street ... lots of viewers feared for him

Kudos to cameraman Jazz (love that name) for hanging in with Rob Brown last night as well.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to cameraman Jazz (love that name) for hanging in with Rob Brown last night as well.

Rob Brown is trending on twitter lol

Word is @ctvrob is equipped with a gas mask. Doesn't matter. The mask will wear Rob Brown for protection.

Rob Brown's feed is having trouble. Clear path to satellite uplink is blocked by his GIANT BALLS.

I'm waiting for Rob Brown to calmly deliver a devastating Superkick to an unsuspecting rioter without breaking his cadence

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing I really really really hope the Canucks learned

keep your fucking mouths shut and play the game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Brown is trending on twitter lol

Word is @ctvrob is equipped with a gas mask. Doesn't matter. The mask will wear Rob Brown for protection.

Rob Brown's feed is having trouble. Clear path to satellite uplink is blocked by his GIANT BALLS.

change Chuck Norris to Rob Brown

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think I could feel any worse but then theres this ... god bless the sedins (at least they have some class)

The stupidity crept into the rink where NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was four feet away from being beaned by a full cup of Coke, and several plastic water bottles sailed past, as he was about to present the Conn Smythe Trophy to Thomas.

Then there was Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini, directing the same coarse, four-letter obscenity repeatedly at reporters, including CBC’s Karin Larsen, who were trying to interview him in the locker-room, where as usual it was the Sedin twins — stand-up guys to the end — and very few others facing the music for their teammates, most of them hiding in the back rooms until the crowd thinned out.

So what are the chances of that unfortunate part of the team culture changing, when it starts at the top?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think I could feel any worse but then theres this ... god bless the sedins (at least they have some class)

The stupidity crept into the rink where NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was four feet away from being beaned by a full cup of Coke, and several plastic water bottles sailed past, as he was about to present the Conn Smythe Trophy to Thomas.

Then there was Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini, directing the same coarse, four-letter obscenity repeatedly at reporters, including CBC’s Karin Larsen, who were trying to interview him in the locker-room, where as usual it was the Sedin twins — stand-up guys to the end — and very few others facing the music for their teammates, most of them hiding in the back rooms until the crowd thinned out.

So what are the chances of that unfortunate part of the team culture changing, when it starts at the top?

oh man. sad.

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3