• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Final: Los Angeles Kings vs New Jersey Devils: Game of Thrones

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falling behind 3-0 cost the Devils the series.

Just saying

Fuck that shit if the ref blows the whistle in game 3 when the puck is frozen it changes the complexion of the game and quite possibly the outcome.The non call on Gio being boarded before scuderi turns into Bernier is bullshit as well.This officiating has been awful plain and simple

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, I guess no Game 7 for my birthday on Wednesday

Guess it will have to be a *looks over shoulder* strip club.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't blame the refs because we had our chances in the first 2 games and didn't capitalize. To paraphrase the great Gunner Stahl, we lost this for ourselves.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call this over just yet.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullshit if we lose on our own its one thing when you get fucked it pissed me off.Sorry if I'm ranting but if the roles were reversed I think you would all feel the same.WW is right worst officiating in the playoffs ever

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can see the big topic of the summer. "Stoll should have gotten a penalty".

Yeah, so the first 2 minutes of the Major Bernier got would have been 4 on 4. And the Kings would only be up 2-0. You let King and Brown out muscle you like that down low, you are going to go down a few. Plain and simple.

Refs ain't got shit to do with that.

Opponents came out like bull on Bath Salts, and you have no answer. Well, except for Bernier who could be the DUMBEST fuck in Stanley Cup history.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst part about this, Kovy's back is probably a nightmare. Back surgery in the offseason = awful season next year.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can see the big topic of the summer. "Stoll should have gotten a penalty".

Yeah, so the first 2 minutes of the Major Bernier got would have been 4 on 4. And the Kings would only be up 2-0. You let King and Brown out muscle you like that down low, you are going to go down a few. Plain and simple.

Opponents came out like bull on Bath Salts, and you have no answer. Well, except for Bernier who could be the DUMBEST fuck in Stanley Cup history.

No boarding at all Devils on a 2 min PP

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Is it boarding when the player intentionally turns toward the boards when he knows a hit is coming? Scuderi wasn't facing the boards when Bernier was about to hit him. Seems like a great way to draw a penalty and ejection if your opponent forechecks. Just turn to the boards at the last moment after the player can't avoid you.

Can anybody with an understanding of the elements (rules) of a boarding penalty expand on whether this is actually the correct call? My understanding is you can't intentionally turn into the boards to draw a boarding penalty to avoid an otherwise legal hit. Bernier's hit would have been legal if Scuderi didn't turn into the boards at the last moment when he saw the hit coming.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well technically if they call the penalty on Stoll the Bernier penalty probably doesn't happen, but you're right. The Devils are getting beat.