• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 6 2015

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Texas A&M is in the top 10 they are way too high

other than that better than the others

Northwestern has to be the lowest ranked team in SportsHoopla poll history with not just one first place vote, but multiple first place votes.
Guess we'll know more about A&M in about 10 days.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell looks at other polls then tries to offset a team with their own poll.
That's retarded.

Just do your poll.
After you get past the top 10 it's just plug and play mostly.
Each week will have some pretty big swings in it unless you are one of those old school guys that has a hard time adjusting.
I've wondered how it would be if we did the poll by private message

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CONSPIRACY!!!! how dare you question uncfan's solid logic. he has the TWO polls to back it up so it must be true.....

There were several people that put Northwestern 15th or lower. I just asked what logic is used to rank Cal several spots ahead of Northwestern and I left you speechless. Maybe it's not why Northwestern is that low, but when I saw Cal way ahead of northwestern and nobody could explain it I just assumed a reason for that might be to offset Northwesterns ranking. If there's another reason Cal is ahead of NW I haven't heard it.

Those two polls probably don't effect the rankings, but it's still a valid question

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were several people that put Northwestern 15th or lower. I just asked what logic is used to rank Cal several spots ahead of Northwestern and I left you speechless. Maybe it's not why Northwestern is that low, but when I saw Cal way ahead of northwestern and nobody could explain it I just assumed a reason for that might be to offset Northwesterns ranking. If there's another reason Cal is ahead of NW I haven't heard it.

Those two polls probably don't effect the rankings, but it's still a valid question
Obviously some people believe cal is for real. Is it really that difficult to understand? and because it differs from your northwestern is number one poll then they must have an agenda?! :L no team in the big ten has dominated on the field. Are they still some undefeated sure and you and others who put more weight into that can rank them however you like, but really a conspiracy against them? Give me a break....

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just went back and looked at my poll, and yep have Cal way higher then Northwestern.
Here's a couple of things that may explain that.
1) Saw Cal destroy Texas. Yeah no big deal but they looked good doing it. A LOT of people tuned in for that game.
2) Have not seen Northwestern at all. Maybe because the are on the BTN which I don't get, or didn't watch early on, not knowing they would be this good, or just watched other games. Fair??? No, but just the way it is.
3) There was a break point in my poll where I thought 1 loss teams would start piling in before all the undefeated teams were in yet. Northwestern didn't make that cut and Cal did. So that pushed Northwestern down some, but also Oklahoma State, Iowa, Stanford, and WVU, etc.

Next week I'm thinking a lot of these undefeated teams won't be, some of these 1 loss teams will be 2 loss teams, and it starts to sort itself out.

Just my :2cents: but undefeated teams like Cal, Northwestern, Iowa, just don't get the focus because nobody really thinks they go thru the season undefeated and they just don't get the attention, and that the weeks to come will determine their true place.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went back and looked at my poll, and yep have Cal way higher then Northwestern.
1) Saw Cal destroy Texas. Yeah no big deal but they looked good doing it. A LOT of people tuned in for that game.
2) Have not seen Northwestern at all. Maybe because the are on the BTN which I don't get, or didn't watch early on, not knowing they would be this good, or just watched other games. Fair??? No, but just the way it is.
3) There was a break point in my poll where I thought 1 loss teams would start piling in before all the undefeated teams were in yet. Northwestern didn't make that cut and Cal did. So that pushed Northwestern down some, but also Oklahoma State, Iowa, Stanford, and WVU, etc.

Next week I'm thinking a lot of these undefeated teams won't be, some of these 1 loss teams will be 2 loss teams, and it starts to sort itself out.

Just my :2cents: but undefeated teams like Cal, Northwestern, Iowa, just don't get the focus because nobody really thinks they go thru the season undefeated and they just don't get the attention, and that the weeks to come will determine their true place.

To your first point it should be noted that Cal beat Texas by one on a missed extra point at the end. They certainly didn't destroy them.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. LOTS of people saw Cal beat an awful Texas team on a missed XP. They hardly looked good destroying Texas.
2. That's fine, but I'm assuming you saw they did better against Stanford than Cal did against Texas and Washington State, right?
3. My poll is the same way.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your first point it should be noted that Cal beat Texas by one on a missed extra point at the end. They certainly didn't destroy them.

Yeah, but it was just so enjoyable. It just sticks out in my mind.

1. LOTS of people saw Cal beat an awful Texas team on a missed XP. They hardly looked good destroying Texas.
2. That's fine, but I'm assuming you saw they did better against Stanford than Cal did against Texas and Washington State, right?
3. My poll is the same way.

See, at the time it seemed like it was Stanford just being "that bad".
All of the above just perceptions from weeks ago.
That's what I'm saying, most of us don't spend lots of time analyzing that much about the teams, and once you get to a certain point where you could take out one team and plug in another it doesn't really matter much at that point.

Pretty soon we'll be talking about which 3 loss team is better than xyz 2 loss team. It's fun, but I don't take a huge amount of time figuring it out. My primary focus is the top 4, then the next 4, then everyone else. My top 4 has been changing a lot, but next week will probably firm up a lot.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how Georgia can still be in the top 25, but West Virgina ain't.

Do the comparison, I think you'll agree.
It's because they're Georgia.. Georgia

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they blew a 3 TD lead in the 4th quarter if I am not mistaken. Texas came back and missed the extra point. Texas :L

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there are some head scratching rankings, for God sake it is an opinion. Mine is just an eye test and takes me about 3 minutes to produce.

I'm still 3 weeks away from putting a hex on all asshats that leave BSU off their polls.:D

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My quote message isn't working but vote by pm then release the ballots after the poll is out?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt the nsa, we dont need any secret ballot. and lose the fun banter of the discussion threads too??

That's why I say release them after, keep the banter and stop the voting based on others ballots

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh youre another conspiracist...got it! and who wants to wait til wednesday to banter??

while it is true that I don't want to wait til Wednesday to banter, I also don't want anyone to try to interfere with the poll, didn't someone admit to ranking someone lower on purpose?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while it is true that I don't want to wait til Wednesday to banter, I also don't want anyone to try to interfere with the poll, didn't someone admit to ranking someone lower on purpose?
poll is only real here no where else.........it doesnt matter where people vote who and unless they are totally off the wall deliberate who is to say how or why someone voted like they did? do you really think someone is waiting to see how someone votes so they can counter act that vote? who has time for that? and crimson king has proven that one or two outling votes make no difference in the final poll.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poll is only real here no where else.........it doesnt matter where people vote who and unless they are totally off the wall deliberate who is to say how or why someone voted like they did? do you really think someone is waiting to see how someone votes so they can counter act that vote? who has time for that? and crimson king has proven that one or two outling votes make no difference in the final poll.

Alright touché, you made good points