• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla Mock Draft

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i get you, i was just saying for the Hawks to make any big moves they would have to first make big cuts. Also that saying "better a year to early than a year to late". I really REALLY like how Jones has looked in part time, He moves like a deer for a olineman just so smooth quick and fluid. He also seems to have the make-up as just a over achiever and boy has he looked good when he is on the field for what he is. This guy has potential to be a good one and i hope we see him reach that potential because it would be a HUGE boost to the Hawks. I know he is a Tackle and has been playing guard but his move to guard seemed effortless. I know it wasn't and i am sure he put in the work. That's the thing he put in the work and just looks like a natural out there. He needs to play more and i hope he does this year. 5 games worth of snaps and he was responsible for only 2 sacks, not bad for a Tackle playing Guard in what basically is a rookie season for him ( because of the lack of playing time ).

Ahh I didn't see the context, just saw you mentioning the possibility of cutting Duane Brown. Didn't realize you were just throwing out a hypothetical.

I definitely agree on Jamarco Jones. I think he was one of the more underrated performers that nobody is talking about and I was surprised he didn't receive more playing time. Obviously it's tentative depending on what happens in the draft, but I would like to see him take over at LG or RT. I also agree that he looks like he can play both tackle and guard well. I will say that I'm not surprised he played guard well since I believe the transition from tackle to guard isn't too difficult. A lot of times guys who played tackle in college end up getting moved inside not because they aren't good players, but guys who can't handle an NFL speed rush on the outside.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Jabari Zuniga, DE Florida for the first 4th round pick.

Good value pick. I think I've seen him mostly go in the 3rd round.

When you make your picks, are making your decisions based on the assumption that the Seahawks don't bring back Clowney or add Everson Griffen?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good value pick. I think I've seen him mostly go in the 3rd round.

When you make your picks, are making your decisions based on the assumption that the Seahawks don't bring back Clowney or add Everson Griffen?

Yes. But that particular pick was because he was the best player available.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But that particular pick was because he was the best player available.

Makes sense. That's what I was assuming.

Also even if the Seahawks do bring back Clowney or sign Griffen, it likely wouldn't be until after the draft. Plus, even if the Seahawks sign Clowney or Griffen to a 1-year deal, that would just be a bandaid.

I hate to say it but I already do consider L.J. Collier a bust. I hated the pick and he did nothing in his first year to indicate he'll ever be a productive player. Ansah was getting snaps without producing anything while Collier was a healthy scratch. Not a good sign to me.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second pick of the 4th round was Albert Okwuegbunam, TE Missouri

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My part in the draft is now complete.

27. Yuter Gross-Matos - DE - Penn St.
59. Marlon Davidson - DT/DE - Auburn
64. Chase Claypool - WR - Notre Dame
101. Ben Bartch - OT - St. John's (Sota)
133. Jabari Zuniga - DE - Florida
144. Albert Okwuegbunam - TE - Missouri
214. Ke'Shawn Vaughn - RB - Vanderbilt

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the signing of Iupati and the money the team put into OL this offseason, i don't see us taking an OL early in the draft... late 3rd, 4th round seems about right...

If they sign Clowney/Griffin, I could see us going WR, RB with our 1st two picks to get RW his weapons...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the signing of Iupati and the money the team put into OL this offseason, i don't see us taking an OL early in the draft... late 3rd, 4th round seems about right...

If they sign Clowney/Griffin, I could see us going WR, RB with our 1st two picks to get RW his weapons...

I can see that. I also seeing Seattle creating more picks while I was unable to do so.