• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sports Reporters Robots?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever feel they are just a bunch of robots?

"Robots have begun writing the news, though their abilities are still limited generally to writing reports based on specific datasets. The Washington Post and UK's Press Association employ automatons to write sports and election coverage. Yahoo Sports uses similar technology for its fantasy football leagues, while Bloomberg news’s Cyborg program converts financial reports into digestible articles. To compensate for lost ad revenue, MSN laid off dozens of editors in favor of content-processing AIs."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how far "journalism" has fallen in the realm of integrity lately I think robot journalists might be a huge upgrade.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how far "journalism" has fallen in the realm of integrity lately I think robot journalists might be a huge upgrade.
Well said "Captain my Captain"

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even robots could explain the amount of Deshaun Watson trade articles.

I'm just waiting for the media to file a collective injunction against Watson from signing with a new team because it would cause irreparable harm.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever feel they are just a bunch of robots?

"Robots have begun writing the news, though their abilities are still limited generally to writing reports based on specific datasets. The Washington Post and UK's Press Association employ automatons to write sports and election coverage. Yahoo Sports uses similar technology for its fantasy football leagues, while Bloomberg news’s Cyborg program converts financial reports into digestible articles. To compensate for lost ad revenue, MSN laid off dozens of editors in favor of content-processing AIs."
Today's robots are WAY more intelligent than them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, the quality of writing has diminished since the social media has taken over. Twenty years ago, I would buy both the Globe and Herald on Sunday and would spend the entire morning reading every single written article on every sport. The things was, the information was accuate and the people writing the articles cared about how well it was written.

Today the Globe is half the size and the Sunday costs $6 on the stand. Half of the articles are politicized and opinionated so there aren't much i8n the way of fact. I bought a 7 day a week subscription for 16 weeks for $68 and will not renew. Even the front page is nothing but political opi ion and not a speck of news. All of it's under the Fenway Corporation Umbrella owned by John Henry and part of the Red Sox and television netwrok NESN.