• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News' All-Pro team

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Justin Smith? Outrageous.

Outrageous? Not outrageous - Fucking outrageous!!

This is a perfect example of an idiot who doesn't watch the games, looks at stat sheet and thinks they know what they are talking about.

The Sporting News = PFF!!! ZERO Credibility!!

(btw, this is not directed at you at all - I'm just venting :) )

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Outrageous? Not outrageous - Fucking outrageous!!

This is a perfect example of an idiot who doesn't watch the games, looks at stat sheet and thinks they know what they are talking about.

The Sporting News = PFF!!! ZERO Credibility!!

It was voted on by 30 NFL executives and not just one person at Sporting News. I happen to agree that Justin Smith should have been put on the list though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, if anybody happens to skim the other awards here is how they decided the other ones:

Rookie of the Year - Voted on by NFL players, coaches and executives.

Comeback Player of the Year - Voted on by NFL players, coaches and executives.

Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year - Voted on by 632 NFL players, coaches and executives.

Coach of the Year, Coordinator of the Year and Executive of the Year - Voted on by 32 coaches and executives.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was voted on by 30 NFL executives and not just one person at Sporting News. I happen to agree that Justin Smith should have been put on the list though.

Thanks Pozz...I redirect my sentiment to the idiots who voted. Justin will never have the sack totals of a 4-3 DE and because of that he is excluded - pathetic!

I will never understand why the way we measure this game is so far behind the changes that have taken place within the game. Hell, even if I wasn't a 49er fan I would know Justin belongs on the list.

Okay, /rant

Thanks again, Pozz

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, if anybody happens to skim the other awards here is how they decided the other ones:

Rookie of the Year - Voted on by NFL players, coaches and executives.

Comeback Player of the Year - Voted on by NFL players, coaches and executives.

Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year - Voted on by 632 NFL players, coaches and executives.

Coach of the Year, Coordinator of the Year and Executive of the Year - Voted on by 32 coaches and executives.

I wonder if he [Justin] will win that one...Of all the players that I felt broken hearted for after the loss - Justin Smith was at the top of that list.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if he [Justin] will win that one...Of all the players that I felt broken hearted for after the loss - Justin Smith was at the top of that list.

Jared Allen was already named the DPOY by them. He won by two votes over DeMarcus Ware. (113-111). Third place and so on was not listed by them.

You can go back to the original link and scroll to the bottom of the page to read more but I'll post the most pertinent info on each vote if anybody wants it quickly:

Rookie: Cam Newton (327 votes), Von Miller (96.5)

Comeback: Plaxico Burress (164), Alex Smith (91), Elvis Dumervil (46), Matthew Stafford (42)

OPOY: Aaron Rodgers (413.5), Drew Brees (112)

Coach: Jim Harbaugh (18), Mike McCarthy (8), John Fox (3)

Coordinator: Wade Phillips (15), Vic Fangio (6), Chuck Pagano (4)

Executive: Ted Thompson (14), Trent Baalke (7), Rick Smith (5), Mike Brown (3)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jared Allen was already named the DPOY by them. He won by two votes over DeMarcus Ware. (113-111). Third place and so on was not listed by them.

You can go back to the original link and scroll to the bottom of the page to read more but I'll post the most pertinent info on each vote if anybody wants it quickly:

Rookie: Cam Newton (327 votes), Von Miller (96.5)

Comeback: Plaxico Burress (164), Alex Smith (91), Elvis Dumervil (46), Matthew Stafford (42)

OPOY: Aaron Rodgers (413.5), Drew Brees (112)

Coach: Jim Harbaugh (18), Mike McCarthy (8), John Fox (3)

Coordinator: Wade Phillips (15), Vic Fangio (6), Chuck Pagano (4)

Executive: Ted Thompson (14), Trent Baalke (7), Rick Smith (5), Mike Brown (3)

Thanks Chris - Do you know where 'these' awards rank in relation to the others, such as AP, etc?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Chris - Do you know where 'these' awards rank in relation to the others, such as AP, etc?

It depends on who you ask. I would say well over half the opinions I've listened to like this set from Sporting News and hold it as one of the more important votes because players, coaches and executives are the ones who vote.

The other percentage have a problem with this set because many people feel players, coaches and executives are not as credible to vote for league wide awards when one of their main focuses during the year is to focus just on their own team and not have a broad perspective like many people in the media have. This same argument applies to how many feel about Pro Bowl voting.

The ones by the Associated Press might be the one that the most people put the most credibility in for several different reasons but this one probably falls in the group right behind it, if not right alongside that one.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It depends on who you ask. I would say well over half the opinions I've listened to like this set from Sporting News and hold it as one of the more important votes because players, coaches and executives are the ones who vote.

The other percentage have a problem with this set because many people feel players, coaches and executives are not as credible to vote for league wide awards when one of their main focuses during the year is to focus just on their own team and not have a broad perspective like many people in the media have. This same argument applies to how many feel about Pro Bowl voting.

The ones by the Associated Press might be the one that the most people put the most credibility in for several different reasons but this one probably falls in the group right behind it, if not right alongside that one.

Great explanation! Thank you again Chris...