• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speed

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch Seattle the more the 49ers need to stress finding speed in this draft. You have to beat that defense and some speed would sure help. You have to beat the other team to the punch and get a jump especially on those conerbacks,linebackers, and safety's.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I watch Seattle the more the 49ers need to stress finding speed in this draft. You have to beat that defense and some speed would sure help. You have to beat the other team to the punch and get a jump especially on those conerbacks,linebackers, and safety's.

Go 49ers !!

don't disagree at all but for me it is more winning the trenches. Baalke needs to keep an eye on it now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go 49ers !!

They need speed. The lack of showed itself this year against a number of teams. The WRs could get separation from average DBs let alone good ones

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners definitely need speed at WR. Asides from Boldin who is more of a possession receiver, there is no one on the Niners' roster that make defenses lose sleep. Safeties can play the run knowing that Crabtree Boldin or Johnson won't run pass them. Seattle's defense is not only physical, but they are fast. Their secondary is the best especially Thomas and Chancellor. Their front four is able to put pressure on the QB. That's a luxury thus allowing the LBs to drop back on passing downs. If the Niners do not get faster on offense and have a more cohesive OL, they don't have a prayer against the Seahawks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners definitely need speed at WR. Asides from Boldin who is more of a possession receiver, there is no one on the Niners' roster that make defenses lose sleep. Safeties can play the run knowing that Crabtree Boldin or Johnson won't run pass them. Seattle's defense is not only physical, but they are fast. Their secondary is the best especially Thomas and Chancellor. Their front four is able to put pressure on the QB. That's a luxury thus allowing the LBs to drop back on passing downs. If the Niners do not get faster on offense and have a more cohesive OL, they don't have a prayer against the Seahawks.

You're absolutely right. This Seattle D is so good right now that you can't expect to defeat them without speed. There are a lot of ingredient that go into making a good offense. Speed is just one of them, but it's absolutely an essential ingredient.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im the 49ers I trade for Gordon and then Draft either a CB or a DE/DT type player on D.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im the 49ers I trade for Gordon and then Draft either a CB or a DE/DT type player on D.

Reported on the General Board Gordon flunked another drug test. I didn't want him before this latest drug test. I believe in second chances and realize that some people can clean their act up. But this guy has developed a pattern of not being able to stay clean. With all the crap we went through last year with all the suspensions/criminal stuff, why invite this trouble.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't disagree at all but for me it is more winning the trenches. Baalke needs to keep an eye on it now.

That may be true in general, but that hasn't been a problem with Baalke. Our OL and DL have been among the best in the league while he's been heading the ship. He's made very good additions in Davis, Iupati, Aldon, Lynch, and Dorsey. Not to mention all the UDFA DL. Adding speed has been his primary weakness.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That may be true in general, but that hasn't been a problem with Baalke. Our OL and DL have been among the best in the league while he's been heading the ship. He's made very good additions in Davis, Iupati, Aldon, Lynch, and Dorsey. Not to mention all the UDFA DL. Adding speed has been his primary weakness.

yes but doesn't matter what happened in previous drafts. In order to beat Seattle NOW, you have to pay attention to the current linemen. To me, that is where they are beating us now, in the trenches.

do we need speed, or course we do, but just saying we need to win the trenches first.

if this current group of linemen will 'return' to solid form, then fine. But based on last year, that is where we lost to Seattle.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes but doesn't matter what happened in previous drafts. In order to beat Seattle NOW, you have to pay attention to the current linemen. To me, that is where they are beating us now, in the trenches.

do we need speed, or course we do, but just saying we need to win the trenches first.

if this current group of linemen will 'return' to solid form, then fine. But based on last year, that is where we lost to Seattle.

Disagree. We are stronger "in the trenches" than they are. We were even this year, at least based on pure talent. Their OL is bad. Their DL has caused our OL problems, but prior to losing both RBs, we were having success against them on the ground in the last meeting. And our DL has dominated their OL repeatedly. They are beating us because of Wilson and Lynch pulling off miracles on offense, and more importantly because we can neither sustain drives nor come up with explosive plays on offense.

Speed alone isn't going to solve all our problems, but we've got to be able to push Chancellor back off the line and to give their CBs something to think about if they're overly aggressive at the line.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. We are stronger "in the trenches" than they are. We were even this year, at least based on pure talent. Their OL is bad. Their DL has caused our OL problems, but prior to losing both RBs, we were having success against them on the ground in the last meeting. And our DL has dominated their OL repeatedly. They are beating us because of Wilson and Lynch pulling off miracles on offense, and more importantly because we can neither sustain drives nor come up with explosive plays on offense.

Speed alone isn't going to solve all our problems, but we've got to be able to push Chancellor back off the line and to give their CBs something to think about if they're overly aggressive at the line.

Agree. Earl Thomas doesn't ever worry about double coverage. None of the the Niners' receivers command that. Their CBs can cover Boldin and Crabtree one on one. With VD going MIA last season, there was no deep threat, yet the Niners were able to run with success at Seattle. The Thanksgiving game however was different. Niners were unprepared, unmotivated and just were flat out embarrassed. Speed will not solve the problems, but it will at least give their safeties to think about.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
An just to clarify, I'm not saying speed at the skill positions is ultimately more important than the trenches. I'm just saying I feel we've had a relative advantage in the trenches lately and still haven't been able to beat Seattle. I feel speed is the clear missing element on offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An just to clarify, I'm not saying speed at the skill positions is ultimately more important than the trenches. I'm just saying I feel we've had a relative advantage in the trenches lately and still haven't been able to beat Seattle. I feel speed is the clear missing element on offense.

we lost to them twice last season, and four of five going back two years. Apparently, we didn't have an advantage on Seattle.

it could be we just need a new offensive scheme and better OL Coach? But our OL can't block Seattle consistently enough - run and pass.

Our DL isn't that bad against Seattle and again, maybe a scheme (4-3) change will help against Beast and friends?

Yes we could use speed no doubt, but in regard to a speedy WR, it'll be for naught if Kaep can't get better seeing the field. Whereas a better OL also makes the run game go.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lost to them twice last season, and four of five going back two years. Apparently, we didn't have an advantage on Seattle.

it could be we just need a new offensive scheme and better OL Coach? But our OL can't block Seattle consistently enough - run and pass.

Our DL isn't that bad against Seattle and again, maybe a scheme (4-3) change will help against Beast and friends?

Yes we could use speed no doubt, but in regard to a speedy WR, it'll be for naught if Kaep can't get better seeing the field. Whereas a better OL also makes the run game go.

Speed at WR will help Kaepernick. You can see the difference between this year and last year with Vernon Davis and he is a tight end. If the passing game is not working and not respected, teams will just stack the box and the better OL doesn't help

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speed at WR will help Kaepernick. You can see the difference between this year and last year with Vernon Davis and he is a tight end. If the passing game is not working and not respected, teams will just stack the box and the better OL doesn't help

a better OL will help the run AND pass. If the run game is more effective, Seattle has to play the run. this helps the passing game overall. This is what they do to our D, make us play Lynch.

Kaep's strength isn't short passing, he needs more time to make his decisions first of all, then to make his throws. So again, a better OL will give him this extra time. a speedy WR will help, ASSUMING Kaep has time to scan downfield, then decide who's open? Seattle could double team this speedy WR all game?

my opinion isn't that we don't need speed, but against Seattle we're losing in the trenches. Their lines are playing better than ours. We don't need a trench overhaul by any means, but against Seattle I'd rather add a solid O-linemen before a speedy WR.