• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Special Teams

TrentW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a ST only starting requirement in our league, I was wondering if anyone in here had enough of a feel for this that they might want to rank the 32 NFL teams based soley on their ST (return teams).

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent, I'm in a league that rewards return yardage just like RB/WR standard scoring. (10 yards = 1 point) But this is by individual player.

If you're just looking for return yardage numbers, you can extrapolate them from ESPN or Yahoo/NFL/Stats. Of course, it's all relative since they're last season's numbers and there are different guys who may be the designated returners this season.

Do your ST league settings reward points for fair catches? (Just curious.)

If you need it by team (based on last seasons numbers, I may be able to throw something together, but it may take me a few days to put something together. When did you need it by?

Last edited by a moderator:

TrentW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No points for fair catches, and you get so many points per yards averaged on punt and kick returns. Draft is August 10th. I kept the Bears ST's but looking over what is available in the draft I may take a back up ST early.

TrentW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did look over last years numbers too, so don't wory about looking over that, what I was really hoping for is someone who might have an inside scoop on a team that may be explosive due to a rookie or someone else who looks good in OTA's training camp etc.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head, Cobb in Green Bay is explosive. Reynaud in Tennessee was near the top in return yards. And Holliday in Denver should get plenty of punt chances with the Broncos D.

So perhaps target the Packers, Titans and Broncos.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking..Top of my head and be targeting Holliday and Denver