• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sox vs pirates

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cease is creeping his way into that conversation as well. We will see how he handles the stretch run.

I still believe Kopech will be a very good MLB pitcher, in time. He's too talented and you saw it during his call-up before the game he tore the UCL. He's definitely in my doghouse a bit, though. He has to earn the love back - but I still have high hopes.

I thought Dunning's stuff looked decent too. Way too small of a sample size, though.

Cease panning out to even just a reasonable 3/4/5 type starter would be pretty big for us...Anyone on the roster currently doing that (Dunning, Kopech, Cease) would take a huge load off and have us getting away with just one strong pitching signing this offseason. Small sample size, like you say, but I was intrigued by Dunning after his debut. I'm pulling for that guy. I guess I'm a sucker for glasses. lulz

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cease panning out to even just a reasonable 3/4/5 type starter would be pretty big for us...Anyone on the roster currently doing that (Dunning, Kopech, Cease) would take a huge load off and have us getting away with just one strong pitching signing this offseason. Small sample size, like you say, but I was intrigued by Dunning after his debut. I'm pulling for that guy. I guess I'm a sucker for glasses. lulz

Cease is more ready to be a top pitcher than Giolito was in 2018. I have big hopes for him. You only need three starters in the playoffs - though 4 would be nice.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cease is more ready to be a top pitcher than Giolito was in 2018. I have big hopes for him. You only need three starters in the playoffs - though 4 would be nice.

You need 4 and a usually a reasonable 5 to make the playoffs consistently year-to-year.

To point: The Sox are doing better than they ever have and we're all jacked. Despite that, we're barely holding on to the 5 spot in a normal playoff scenario and the Yankees and Astros are in right in our rear view.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need 4 and a usually a reasonable 5 to make the playoffs consistently year-to-year.

To point: The Sox are doing better than they ever have and we're all jacked. Despite that, we're barely holding on to the 5 spot in a normal playoff scenario and the Yankees and Astros are in right in our rear view.

I was referring to how many starters you need - while in the playoffs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to how many starters you need - while in the playoffs.

You need to get there first...multiple times...if you want to seriously contend. Playoffs are irrelevant if you don't participate in them. We're getting in this year...but so are 15 others. We need real options at SP outside of Giolito and Keuchel. Not theoretical ones...whether in-house or otherwise. Or we will fall short of the real goal.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to get there first...multiple times...if you want to seriously contend. Playoffs are irrelevant if you don't participate in them. We're getting in this year...but so are 15 others. We need real options at SP outside of Giolito and Keuchel. Not theoretical ones...whether in-house or otherwise. Or we will fall short of the real goal.
Yeah, with Jiddy here. I see a need of at least 4 starters who pitch with relative consistency to ensure we make it to the postseason and maybe even climb the seeding brackets. Once we're in there, it's possible to rely on just three, but 4 is always better.

While I'm fine with the Sox standing pat at the trade deadline, I'd still have no problems if we can swing a trade with the Rangers for Lynn, especially if it wouldn't be too costly. He's as steady, if not outright steadier, than Giolito and Keuchel. In 39 of his last 40 starts he's made it thru no less than 5 innings. Now THAT's consistency. With our offense, he'd be a natural fit.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL - was this the preamble to a full lecture - or just a mini-lecture?

I agree with you about the need to get to the playoffs to be in them and you need 5 good starters or 4 with an innings eater. I was, however, referring to the playoffs - where I have read the Sox have a 98.6 chance of being in them this season. You don't need 5 starters in the playoffs.

When you broaden the subject it broadens my mind. I would sit next to you at a Sox game and enjoy it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you broaden the subject it broadens my mind. I would sit next to you at a Sox game and enjoy it.

Who doesn't love a good broaden every now and then?

its-time-to-update-my-dating-profile-picture-id489089640

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - was this the preamble to a full lecture - or just a mini-lecture?

I agree with you about the need to get to the playoffs to be in them and you need 5 good starters or 4 with an innings eater. I was, however, referring to the playoffs - where I have read the Sox have a 98.6 chance of being in them this season. You don't need 5 starters in the playoffs.

Ain't got no time for all this one hit wonder during a shortened pandemic asterisk season sh*t. I want the dynasty msgkings and those sharkjump articles promised me. I want other teams' fans to say "Man, we had some good teams in that 2020s decade if it wasn't for those goddamn White Sox" much like Knicks' fans reacted after the 90s.

I WANT IT ALL BABY. We did the one hit wonder thing. Time for years of me looking down my nose at the rest of the league like Patriots fans do. We deserve that as fans of a team that has never seen b2b playoffs in over a century.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't got no time for all this one hit wonder during a shortened pandemic asterisk season sh*t. I want the dynasty msgkings and those sharkjump articles promised me. I want other teams' fans to say "Man, we had some good teams in that 2020s decade if it wasn't for those goddamn White Sox" much like Knicks' fans reacted after the 90s.

I WANT IT ALL BABY. We did the one hit wonder thing. Time for years of me looking down my nose at the rest of the league like Patriots fans do. We deserve that as fans of a team that has never seen b2b playoffs in over a century.

FTR, I'm just kidding Baseball Gods...One would really do. Don't smite us for this post. kthnx.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds reasonable. :)