• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox vs A's

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tend to believe he was just being pissy about the whole idea of being checked for foreign substances and his attitude is what got him tossed. he didn't just 'toss' hi belt. in short, he was acting like the jerk i believe he is. i'd feel differently if he'd just admitted the truth here instead of trying to blame the ump for doing his job.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lance Lynn's "F**k it" attitude about things he doesn't find important. You can't say this Sox team doesn't have personality.

A win today will put the Sox within 1 of a 500 record against the teams with winning percentages.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lance Lynn's "F**k it" attitude about things he doesn't find important. You can't say this Sox team doesn't have personality.

A win today will put the Sox within 1 of a 500 record against the teams with winning percentages.
Yeah, I really have no problem with the Lynn thing. It's not like I'm "for it" but it's a total non issue. IMO. He has a chip on his shoulder. We all know that. He had also already hit 87 pitches. He didn't have long left.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, too bad he's playing a team sport, huh?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...A 34 year old man pouted and tossed his belt in an obviously, shall we say, "communicative" manner. It's not the end of the world as people always do dumb sh*t especially when upset. But I'm not gonna act like he wasn't an asshole/idiot about it either. It was dumb and he should know better, but it's over and shouldn't really mean much going forward. Moving on.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more important news...DON'T BE BLOWIN MAH SWEEP CEASE.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, too bad he's playing a team sport, huh?
I know Iddy has me blocked, but is this serious?

When has Lynn thrown a teammate under the bus or been referred to as selfish?

F'n Iddy, I tell ya. The guy hates anything good or fun. I'll bet money that the guy hates steak, ice cream, rainbows, and blowjobs too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...A 34 year old man pouted and tossed his belt in an obviously, shall we say, "communicative" manner. It's not the end of the world as people always do dumb sh*t especially when upset. But I'm not gonna act like he wasn't an asshole/idiot about it either. It was dumb and he should know better, but it's over and shouldn't really mean much going forward. Moving on.
I guess I just don't know why athletes get put on this pedestal where we act like they're never, ever going to have a moment of frustration and do something a bit over the top. The whole point of a pro athlete is that they're fiery and competitive. It's a big reason why we enjoy watching them perform.

I'm not a pro athlete, at all. Yet, I assure you I have acted foolishly/regrettably out of frustration towards friends, girlfriends, family, strangers, etc. many, many times over the course of my life. I would bet everyone on this board has.

There's really no reason for Iddy to call out Lynn's character or question how good of a teammate he is over something so petty. His day was about over anyway. It was a frustrating outing where he had to fight for every out and then he gets questioned for foreign substances to boot. It's not as though he just flipped out of nowhere. The guy has never been known as a poor teammate or negative clubhouse influence.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Iddy has me blocked, but is this serious?

When has Lynn thrown a teammate under the bus or been referred to as selfish?

F'n Iddy, I tell ya. The guy hates anything good or fun. I'll bet money that the guy hates steak, ice cream, rainbows, and blowjobs too.

“I’ve always been an asshole,” Lynn told reporters on May 24th when he asked about his mentality when he takes the hill.

Lance Lynn likes to impose his will when he is on the mound. He will throw his hand up casually, like he just hit a three-pointer, after striking a hitter out. Or he will turn around and do a little nut grab as he kicks up some dirt. After striking out Freddy Galvis of the Orioles he was not shy about letting everyone know how he felt, calling Galvis a “slap dick motherfucker” as he strutted off the mound.

If he throws a few more belts we might get the ol' Dennis Rodman media treatment. "Love him as a teammate...Hate him as an opponent."

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't know why athletes get put on this pedestal where we act like they're never, ever going to have a moment of frustration and do something a bit over the top. The whole point of a pro athlete is that they're fiery and competitive. It's a big reason why we enjoy watching them perform.

I'm not a pro athlete, at all. Yet, I assure you I have acted foolishly/regrettably out of frustration towards friends, girlfriends, family, strangers, etc. many, many times over the course of my life. I would bet everyone on this board has.

There's really no reason for Iddy to call out Lynn's character or question how good of a teammate he is over something so petty.

I mean...Just sayin'...If I had power, I would (after we clinch the playoffs and are in the garbage time games) use said power to get umps to give Lynn and Hendriks horribly sh*tty pitch calls just to see them both implode on the mound for the lulz. That's my fetish.

Remember...It's entertainment first and foremost boys. LaRussa would be upped a notch in his place in Chicago history if he had the whole team toss their belts on the field next time we get that ump for a game.

Poor iddy wouldn't make it past the postgame on that last one though. "WHAT HAVE THEY DOOONNEE?!?" lol

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flamethrowing Manbun has arrived!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on kid...Overthrowing from ya knees?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn officially out of the Idseer Golden Glove competition.

Better luck next year fella.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Just sayin'...If I had power, I would (after we clinch the playoffs and are in the garbage time games) use said power to get umps to give Lynn and Hendriks horribly sh*tty pitch calls just to see them both implode on the mound for the lulz. That's my fetish.

Remember...It's entertainment first and foremost boys. LaRussa would be upped a notch in his place in Chicago history if he had the whole team toss their belts on the field next time we get that ump for a game.

Poor iddy wouldn't make it past the postgame on that last one though. "WHAT HAVE THEY DOOONNEE?!?" lol
there's playing the game and there's being an asshole. personally i want to watch professionals BE professional. and you're right, i don't enjoy 'dancing in the end zone' showing up other players, or pitchers on the mound who display like some cock instead of just shutting the fuck up and doing their jobs. they do it because it's been allowed too much by refs and umps. they've even been encouraged by fans who somehow think it's fun to watch. it's not, imo. i freely admit i don't like lance's or liam's bullshit on the mound as if they're great. in fact to see liam still acting like a punk after personally losing two games to the yankees just disappoints the hell outta me. even your hero acts like a 6 year old at times and he's not 6! you may call it just entertainment, but that's not what it is to a LOT of people. it's more serious than that. you may not think that's a good attitude but that's just your opinion. i'd be much happier if they were all like eloy. having fun while playing but without acting like a jerk.
lastly .... lance was a real asshole acting the way he did then trying to pretend he didn't. he should have apologized to that ump and his teammates for letting them down.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn officially out of the Idseer Golden Glove competition.

Better luck next year fella.
apparently i missed some action whilst commenting on you previous post. do you really think that's apples and apples? or just enjoying taking shots? i'm not in the fucking mood.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad.
apparently i missed some action whilst commenting on you previous post. do you really think that's apples and apples? or just enjoying taking shots? i'm not in the fucking mood.

I’m just busting your balls.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's playing the game and there's being an asshole. personally i want to watch professionals BE professional. and you're right, i don't enjoy 'dancing in the end zone' showing up other players, or pitchers on the mound who display like some cock instead of just shutting the fuck up and doing their jobs. they do it because it's been allowed too much by refs and umps. they've even been encouraged by fans who somehow think it's fun to watch. it's not, imo. i freely admit i don't like lance's or liam's bullshit on the mound as if they're great. in fact to see liam still acting like a punk after personally losing two games to the yankees just disappoints the hell outta me. even your hero acts like a 6 year old at times and he's not 6! you may call it just entertainment, but that's not what it is to a LOT of people. it's more serious than that. you may not think that's a good attitude but that's just your opinion. i'd be much happier if they were all like eloy. having fun while playing but without acting like a jerk.
lastly .... lance was a real asshole acting the way he did then trying to pretend he didn't. he should have apologized to that ump and his teammates for letting them down.

Barry Sanders was always one of my favorites as he was the epitome of class and excellence combined. But I don’t stress antics unless it is apparent in its hurting the team. I think this Lynn thing is a one and doner. No need to stress about it unless it becomes a trend.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp…One last shot at it…

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06