• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox take over First, Arod ban not likely, Yankees stuck with albatross

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the universe is right again

sox on top

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long ass sox game

i feel asleep in the 12th

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good morning mother fuckers

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come to the party

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more creepy aviator pictures today Rock.

Another day, another runner thrown out at home... What a throw! Didn't matter Sox win! Never should have gotten to that point, bases loaded in the first and nothing almost cost them...probably should have

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more creepy aviator pictures today Rock.

Another day, another runner thrown out at home... What a throw! Didn't matter Sox win! Never should have gotten to that point, bases loaded in the first and nothing almost cost them...probably should have

fun game to watch

pitchers duel early on...

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was out in the 12th as well.. was a good game though.. SDrew with the winning RBI.. i wouldnt have called that one...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was out in the 12th as well.. was a good game though.. SDrew with the winning RBI.. i wouldnt have called that one...

Not sure anyone would have

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking forward to peavys sox debut...saturday i believe

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to a minimum of a another A-Rod-free year and a half.

Today I believe!

:suds:

its going down today no doubt

no lifetime ban, which is good for me as a sox fan but bad for me as a fan of the game...im conflicted

PS nice rally last night

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7:38pm: Rodriguez is negotiating with MLB on the terms of a suspension, reports ESPN's T.J. Quinn. (Links to Twitter.) Quinn says that MLB is holding out the possibility of a lifetime ban while also preferring to avoid an appeal process, with Rodriguez coming to the negotiating table after learning of the extent of the evidence against him. Most of the players facing suspensions appear prepared to accept 50-game bans, Quinn further tweets

For Nasty...looks like Arod will accept some level of a suspension to avoid getting banned...

and after next year, the yanks will probably negotiate a buyout on the remainder of his deal and he'll retire as a free agent crying about collusion...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pawsox mangage 5 his last night....Bogaerts? had 2 of them, including a double...he's officially on fire...

Last 10 games, 1.035 OPS

Nice start by Webster...3 ER (all in 1 inning) but 12 K's and 0 BB's in 6 innings.

Jamie Callahan (2012 2nd rounder) threw 6 perfect innings, 9 K's for Lowell...not bad for a kid that hasn't even turned 19 yet....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Nasty...looks like Arod will accept some level of a suspension to avoid getting banned...

and after next year, the yanks will probably negotiate a buyout on the remainder of his deal and he'll retire as a free agent crying about collusion...

Not for nothing, but I think he's less than 20 HR away from hitting that first incentive.

Rather not have to deal with that debacle.

What an idiotic contract. Worst I've ever seen.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pawsox mangage 5 his last night....Bogaerts? had 2 of them, including a double...he's officially on fire...

Last 10 games, 1.035 OPS

Nice start by Webster...3 ER (all in 1 inning) but 12 K's and 0 BB's in 6 innings.

Jamie Callahan (2012 2nd rounder) threw 6 perfect innings, 9 K's for Lowell...not bad for a kid that hasn't even turned 19 yet....

With Iglesias gone and Drew signed for only one year, he's the odds on favorite to be the starting SS in 2014, no?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Iglesias gone and Drew signed for only one year, he's the odds on favorite to be the starting SS in 2014, no?

one would think

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for hammer

:laugh3:

Lawyer: San Diego mayor never got harassment training, city may be liable

(CNN) -- A lawyer for San Diego Mayor Bob Filner criticized the city for not providing sexual harassment training to the mayor, saying its failure to do so violated the law.
In a letter to the city attorney, Harvey Berger wrote that Filner might never have been sued for sexual harassment had he been properly trained.
"If there is any liability at all, the city will almost certainly be liable for 'failing to prevent harassment,' " Berger wrote in a letter dated Monday and obtained Wednesday by CNN from City Attorney Jan Goldsmith.
Secrets that women of San Diego no longer keep about its mayor
An intent of Berger's letter was to urge the city to pay Filner's legal fees associated with a sexual harassment filed against him by his former spokeswoman, Irene McCormack Jackson. The city is named as a co-defendant in that lawsuit.

On Tuesday, the City Council voted 9-0 to deny the mayor's request for taxpayers to pay his legal fees, according to Matt Awbrey, spokesman for council member Kevin Faulconer.
Filner never received sexual harassment training while serving in Congress from 1993 to December 2012, Berger wrote. He was set to get such training -- which is required within six months of one's start date -- after becoming mayor, but the trainer canceled the session and never rescheduled, according to the lawyer.
"There is very, very good reason for mandatory sexual harassment training," Berger said. "If nothing else, it makes people think about the subject and how they interact with fellow employees."
While the mayor has admitted unspecified inappropriate behavior in the past, he denies the allegations against him by Jackson.
"This is not a request for the city to agree to pay any verdict; it is simply a request for defense against unverified claims being brought against the mayor -- claims which are denied," Berger said.
San Diego mayor sued, called unfit for office
Jackson isn't alone. Seven other women have said they were subjected to "crude and disgusting" comments and inappropriate touching -- including groping and kissing -- by Filner. Many of the alleged incidents of which he's being accused took place during his five terms in a U.S. representative, before he was elected mayor last year.
Berger contended that those alleged incidents took place so long ago that the accusers likely wouldn't be allowed to testify as part of Jackson's lawsuit or in their own lawsuits.
Nonetheless, the wave of accusations has put tremendous pressure on Filner. His chief of staff quit, the Democratic Party of San Diego voted to call for his resignation and even his fiancee left his side.
Earlier this month, Filner admitted "I need help," adding, "I'm clearly doing something wrong." The 70-year-old later announced he would take a two-week hiatus for "intensive counseling."
Amid calls for resignation, embattled mayor to enter clinic
Still, he has fought Jackson's lawsuit and for the city to pay his legal fees.
The City Council believes San Diego shouldn't be part of the Jackson lawsuit in the first place because it had no role in the mayor's behavior and because of the city's zero-tolerance policy against sexual harassment.
In fact, the council decided Tuesday to file suit against Filner and seek from paying any damages should Jackson win her lawsuit.
"Bob Filner can't pay back San Diegans for the damage he's done to our city's reputation, but he can and should repay the city if there are any taxpayer costs as a result of this lawsuit," Faulconer said in a statement.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much a guarantee at this point...and it wouldn't surprise me to see him at either 3rd or Short in a couple of weeks...

Can't fucking wait...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(CNN) -- A lawyer for San Diego Mayor Bob Filner criticized the city for not providing sexual harassment training to the mayor, saying its failure to do so violated the law.
In a letter to the city attorney, Harvey Berger wrote that Filner might never have been sued for sexual harassment had he been properly trained.
"If there is any liability at all, the city will almost certainly be liable for 'failing to prevent harassment,' " Berger wrote in a letter dated Monday and obtained Wednesday by CNN from City Attorney Jan Goldsmith.
Secrets that women of San Diego no longer keep about its mayor
An intent of Berger's letter was to urge the city to pay Filner's legal fees associated with a sexual harassment filed against him by his former spokeswoman, Irene McCormack Jackson. The city is named as a co-defendant in that lawsuit.

What. A. Fucking. Scumbag.

if the city gets sued because he didn't realize sexual harassment was a bad thing due to a lack of employer training? He should be tarred and feathered in public....

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That perfect game I mentioned thrown by Jamie Callahan?

Guess who broke it up with one out in the 9th inning?

Bucky Dents kid...true story.

The Class A Lowell Spinners of the New York-Penn League, a Red Sox affiliate, were two outs away from their first perfect game when Auburn Doubledays shortstop Cody Dent ruined it Wednesday night with a bloop single.

Jamie Callahan had struck out nine in six innings, Mike Adams was perfect in the seventh and eighth, and Taylor Grover came on to try to finish the gem in the ninth against the Washington affiliate.