• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources say Beane dealing Samardzija to White Sox

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AN DIEGO – The A’s capped an eventful first day of the winter meetings Monday night by dealing right-hander Jeff Samardzija to the Chicago White Sox.

Neither team announced the trade, but industry sources confirmed it was a done deal. The package coming back to Oakland reportedly will include shortstop Marcus Semien and right-hander Chris Bassitt.

Source: A's deal Samardzija to White Sox | CSN Bay Area

ratenstein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care, viking funeral continues, burn the body and set it adrift..

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the A's had a window of at least 1 more year to contend before going into rebuilding mode.

Anyway, looking at the young talent Beane's gathering with these trades, I'm betting no more than 2 years before they're ready to go on a half-decade tear again.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the A's had a window of at least 1 more year to contend before going into rebuilding mode.

Anyway, looking at the young talent Beane's gathering with these trades, I'm betting no more than 2 years before they're ready to go on a half-decade tear again.

I believe you are right and at least a fair share of Athletics fans are rather pissed at Billy for cutting things short when he had many of these players under control beyond 2015. Could have kept Cespedes and Shark until the deadline then made up his mind depending on the standings weather to sell off or not instead Yoenis was moved for a rental last season and now the flood gates are open.

I'd expect Kazmir to be traded also Coco and Reddick should be shopped at this point too.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have turned into the 2013 Houston Astro's. Fuck Beane. Fuck Wolff.