• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Saints 'refused' to provide a 'declaration of support' for suspended players

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agreed. cause can't think of why they wouldn't? how would it be bad for the Saints if they had issued it? isn't the Coaches on the front office? the players are following the Coach.

the Union was asking for this because punishment was too severe, not as evidence players were innocent.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
cause can't think of why they wouldn't?

How 'bout because doing so would accomplish absolutely nothing? Maybe they didn't want to be involved in the pointless stunts the NFLPA keeps pulling.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. cause can't think of why they wouldn't? how would it be bad for the Saints if they had issued it? isn't the Coaches on the front office? the players are following the Coach.

the Union was asking for this because punishment was too severe, not as evidence players were innocent.

Exactly! At this point you're fighting for a reduced sentence not exoneration. I find this to be quite interesting. If a letter of support could reduce a 6-game suspension to a 3-game suspension for Justin Smith we'd be hand delivering it with candy.

There is a message in there somewhere...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How 'bout because doing so would accomplish absolutely nothing? Maybe they didn't want to be involved in the pointless stunts the NFLPA keeps pulling.

even if it does nothing, the Saints should back up their players or even ex-players. if you're a quality FA on the market, would you now consider the Saints as your first choice?

someone may come up with the reason(s) i'm not seeing, could very well be against the union? but till then i don't like "would accomplish absolutely nothing".

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarrett Bell:

Maybe most compelling evidence is transcript of notes that not only alleges Vilma and Ornstein pledged $10k to KO Favre, but 'Vitt - $5k'.

Items that stand out among the evidence provided at today's hearing. 1. The email from Orny to G.Williams detailing breakdown in payment.

1.) One of the emails is from Mike Cerullo to G. Williams, which seems to implicate the former #Saints assistant as a corroborating source.

Slide in Ex. 5 from the NY Giants game in 2009 shows payments for cart-offs & whack contributions. Example: $1K for R.Harper for cart-off.

I don't know what everyone else is seeing but this evidence looks pretty damning to me.

Ex. 9 from 2010: Slide has photo of reality TV character “Dog the Bounty Hunter" & "Now it's time to do our jobs... collect bounty$$$!"

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the Saints,the headhunting was easy to spot in their SB year,,yet everyone said I was full of shit and just crying look at them now they all played a part in it,anything that happens to that team they have earned

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
even if it does nothing, the Saints should back up their players or even ex-players.

Even if they're in the wrong? Why?

if you're a quality FA on the market, would you now consider the Saints as your first choice?

If they gave me the most money? Yes, they would be my first choice. This would have absolutely no bearing in where I'd sign.

If I'm a player thinking, "How hard is this team going to be on me if I screw up and violate my contract?" like Vilma did, then I don't see how any one team differs from another.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are shocked that their boss is the judge, jury, and executioner. Welcome to the real world guys because typically that is exactly how it works. Their is one person at the top and their decision is final. And guess what, their decision does not have to be fair.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if they're in the wrong? Why?

If they gave me the most money? Yes, they would be my first choice. This would have absolutely no bearing in where I'd sign.

If I'm a player thinking, "How hard is this team going to be on me if I screw up and violate my contract?" like Vilma did, then I don't see how any one team differs from another.

wait....who started the bounty system in the first place? if players, then ok they're wrong, but the Coaches should've then taken steps to eliminate it. if Greg Williams started the system (which is my understanding) then the Saints are wrong. yes, individual players took it to different levels...once the system started, but who started the system?

i consider Coaches part of management and hence the Saints.

i'm not getting the Vilma part and sorry for not searching now. are you saying its in Vilma's contract to stay out of bounty systems? or are you saying he started this bounty system?

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are shocked that their boss is the judge, jury, and executioner. Welcome to the real world guys because typically that is exactly how it works. Their is one person at the top and their decision is final. And guess what, their decision does not have to be fair.

I wish the media would not give so much attention to the "Goodell is the judge, jury, and executioner" complaints because the world is so gullible that people start to think this is some due process or the like injustice. The NFL is NOT the government, these suspentions are NOT criminal charges, these suspensions are WITHIN the CBA agreement the players agreed to (an agreement that was HEAVILY negotiated), what these players did WAS wrong, the NFL has about as much evidence that you could find (what evidence do they expect? Sworn depositions before each game that they have the intent to injure specific players?)...

What's the point to get it on paper? It's not like you can enforce it in court without losing the same by suspension/fine. This was for thousands, not millions. How stupid can you be to write down illegal acts (NFL rules not laws)? I understand Williams' speech, that wasn't supposed to be recorded or published but writing it down, that's your own damn fault. In fact, all of this is, even the recording because you said it.

Vilma is using the fact that you can't go into someone's head and extract physical evidence to support his claim. The NFL has the best evidence they can and as a private company they can use it to support their suspensions. Unless this were a racial thing (protected class - liberty), private companies can within reason handle their business the way they choose.

Last edited by a moderator: