• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Bills, Fitzpatrick move closer to long term deal worth between 9M-12M/year

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its nonsense what some of these QBs are making......these guys like Cassel and Kolb, average players at best, up around $12 mil/year. Larry Fitzgerald barely makes more than that. Seems like an inefficient use of resources in a salary cap world.

I know the alternative is taking your chances on the John Becks or Grossmans of the world, but I'd be interested to see the cost/benefit breakdown of getting a slightly worse QB for $1 million and spending the other $11 on other positions.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for him. It's nice to see the nobodies become somebodies.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he deserves it, he's become a leader for us

now it's where the team is good when he's good and bad when he struggles.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for him. It's nice to see the nobodies become somebodies.

He's a genius. I'm sure he would've made something of himself one way or the other.

What freakin' genes though. Great at football AND off the charts intelligence.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Fitzpatrick is worth that. Especially when you consider how they've struggled to find a good QB since Jim Kelly. Oh yeah, if they don't... I'm sure Miami wouldn't mind paying to swipe him away from a division rival.

When I think of Kolb and Cassel making 65 Million, the first thing that pops in my head is how in the world is Rodgers still getting paid as much as those guys? Green Bay is cleaning up with that contract. #1 Selling Jersey, Super Bowl Champion, likely MVP this year... that's just crazy to me that he's so cheap.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Fitzpatrick is worth that. Especially when you consider how they've struggled to find a good QB since Jim Kelly. Oh yeah, if they don't... I'm sure Miami wouldn't mind paying to swipe him away from a division rival.

When I think of Kolb and Cassel making 65 Million, the first thing that pops in my head is how in the world is Rodgers still getting paid as much as those guys? Green Bay is cleaning up with that contract. #1 Selling Jersey, Super Bowl Champion, likely MVP this year... that's just crazy to me that he's so cheap.

Rodgers is pretty smart though, I mean how many millions do you really need???

the fact that Rodgers has never complained might mean that's he's fine with the money getting spread around so he has better talent around him so he can win super bowls.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's good for the team. Good for his legacy, but pretty stupid in a business sense. The only star QB I know of who played for less than he deserved consistently through his career was Steve Young, and that is only because he was, and still is, collecting on that 40 year 40 million dollar deal from his USFL days.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's cause he knows that he'll get a 10% bump after his next employee eval.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF Alex Smith keeps playing basically the way he's playing now (i'm expecting a SMALL improvement), this board will have long threads regarding his contract.

it would be more on length of contract versus amount of contract.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz has been money for me in one of my fantasy leagues.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fitz has been money for me in one of my fantasy leagues.

i drafted Fred Jackson as my #3 back, hows that for luck? also added Steve Johnson as my back-up WR, but since Miles Austin hasn't played much, a solid fill in.

go Bills!