• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Alex Smith considering changing agents

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condon and CAA also represent Flynn.

InTheRedZone377

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While having Manning play here would be nice, there is no guarantee of winning a SB. Pretty likely we would get to the playoffs, but many variables could occur and we could miss the SB. Any given Sunday....

I think it would have also been nice to see Alex come back, develop further into this system and watch the home grown QB take us to the SB. I think this would be more of an accomplishment and more of the way SF QB's and this organization have won our SB's. However, I can't help wondering why Alex didn't sign if he wanted play here. There's a lot of speculation on these boards and anyone of them could be right. I am curious to see how this all plays out and what the real story is.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most likely it was smith's agent saying he could get a better deal once a few free agents get signed.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Condon is going to make himself a nice commission this year. 3 QBs likely earning starters money. What do agents get, 10%?

Long time lurker and former agency assistant here. NFL agents get 3% on playing contract money i believe, NBA might be 4%. That money goes to CAA and Condon is paid some portion of that as a bonus dictated in his contract. CAA also presumably reps these guys commercially and that is indeed 10%, but Condom gets partial credit for that since there's a commercial agent on Team (PLAYER).

Your point still stands though, nice commission this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While having Manning play here would be nice, there is no guarantee of winning a SB. Pretty likely we would get to the playoffs, but many variables could occur and we could miss the SB. Any given Sunday....

I think it would have also been nice to see Alex come back, develop further into this system and watch the home grown QB take us to the SB. I think this would be more of an accomplishment and more of the way SF QB's and this organization have won our SB's. However, I can't help wondering why Alex didn't sign if he wanted play here. There's a lot of speculation on these boards and anyone of them could be right. I am curious to see how this all plays out and what the real story is.

no question, we'll look great on paper but no guarentee of winning a SB. i'm sure New Orleans last season felt they had the best team, with record setting Brees?

team chemistry will certainly be affected should Manning take over. now everyone will depend on Manning to make the plays.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Condon and CAA also represent Flynn.

Interesting menage a trois...

Let's see Manning who is looking at the 49ers is represented by Condon, who may replace Smith who is looking at Miami is represented by Condon, and Flynn who is looking at Miami is represented by Condon but Smith is considering other agents because of conflict of interest issues because of Manning now looks at Miami who is looking at Flynn who has the same agent as Smith and may have another conflict of interest...:boom:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think so.

Damn, Condon is going to make himself a nice commission this year. 3 QBs likely earning starters money. What do agents get, 10%?

Long time lurker and former agency assistant here. NFL agents get 3% on playing contract money i believe, NBA might be 4%. That money goes to CAA and Condon is paid some portion of that as a bonus dictated in his contract. CAA also presumably reps these guys commercially and that is indeed 10%, but Condom gets partial credit for that since there's a commercial agent on Team (PLAYER).

Your point still stands though, nice commission this year.

Furthermore, NFL rule states that agents can not receive more than 3% of his player's playing contract. In the NBA it's 4%.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, NFL rule states that agents can not receive more than 3% of his player's playing contract. In the NBA it's 4%.

I'm assuming it's only 3% of the guaranteed money as well, right?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything in the playing contract to my understanding unless it's stipulated as less in the player agreement with the agent.

Why if the player doesn't see the entire amount of the contract, though?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't an agent get a piece if a player hits incentives, appearance in pro-bowl or playoffs and MVP or all-pro team?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any money the player receives from the team as a part of the playing contract is commissioned. Guaranteed, incentive based and everything in between.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm now worried we are going to get screwed over in all this. I really think Manning is going to Tennessee and Alex may not even be an option anymore. He maybe so upset with our organization that he takes 3 years 24 million from the Dolphins instead of us.