• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sooners vs Texas Tech abc/espn2

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Akron and Tulsa have better defenses than the Sand Ags.

I haven't got to watch every game this year due to shit ass work but you might be right or maybe Lincoln is just wet behind his ears still and he is finally getting it. I still want to pimp slap him for RRSO though. Fucking asshole.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a dominate duo of our rushing attack and what we should try to do every week. We have two studs. Use them. Get them 20 touches each. During the Texas game, they got 19 touches, combined. :L :L

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great performance by the whole team.

We ran effectively, protected the QB better and had few lapses on defense against one of the most prolific offenses and quarterbacks in FBS football.

Next.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley and Mayfield starting to figure shit out.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a dominate duo of our rushing attack and what we should try to do every week. We have two studs. Use them. Get them 20 touches each. During the Texas game, they got 19 touches, combined. :L :L

looking how OU handled KSU and seeing how texas struggled to win, really is a pisser, especially seeing what OU did today. 2 rushers combining for over 350 yards.

still a lot of football left to play, tho. hope Sanchez is OK, although Austin did pretty good in relief.

BOOMER!~

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin didn't get burnt. :whistle:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOAR Samia!!! MOAR Overton!!!

Last edited:

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to dedicate this win to Coach Bro, his scholly distribution strategy, and his intuition.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to dedicate this win to Coach Bro, his scholly distribution strategy, and his intuition.

Without him, we'd still be up shit creek with our QB situation.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the game. Team looked pretty good, with Perine and Mixon rockin' it. O line is either getting better or TT was just not good. Austin looked pretty good after Sanchez went out. Maybe we should've used him when JT was out against Tenn or Tulsa or whoever it was. D looked pretty good, covering up their guys so Mahomes was easy prey for our D line. Seems like we're figuring out who we are offensively. Makes the Texas loss even more frustrating, but OU seems to give one away every year that we shouldn't. A couple light games before hitting the final 3 against BU, TCU and OSU. With BU's QB going out with a neck injury, will have to see how that plays out. Earlier i was just hoping we could win 1 of the last 3 games. We could possibly snatch 2. If we continue to improve, maybe all 3. Then the UT loss would really chap my ass.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the game. Team looked pretty good, with Perine and Mixon rockin' it. O line is either getting better or TT was just not good. Austin looked pretty good after Sanchez went out. Maybe we should've used him when JT was out against Tenn or Tulsa or whoever it was. D looked pretty good, covering up their guys so Mahomes was easy prey for our D line. Seems like we're figuring out who we are offensively. Makes the Texas loss even more frustrating, but OU seems to give one away every year that we shouldn't. A couple light games before hitting the final 3 against BU, TCU and OSU. With BU's QB going out with a neck injury, will have to see how that plays out. Earlier i was just hoping we could win 1 of the last 3 games. We could possibly snatch 2. If we continue to improve, maybe all 3. Then the UT loss would really chap my ass.

Losing to Texas sucks, but if we manage to pull one out of our ass and run the table the rest of the way, it won't matter. We'd be in the CFP.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops ALWAYS has the troops ready after a loss. He'll run it up every chance he gets too in an attempt to climb up the rankings, but none of these wins will matter if he can't beat TCU and Baylor. Those are the only games that matter now unless they both lose before then. OU will see the meat of the schedule coming up.......Texas had theirs in the beginning.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops ALWAYS has the troops ready after a loss. He'll run it up every chance he gets too in an attempt to climb up the rankings, but none of these wins will matter if he can't beat TCU and Baylor. Those are the only games that matter now unless they both lose before then. OU will see the meat of the schedule coming up.......Texas had theirs in the beginning.

With them trying to figure so many things out early in the season, that's not a bad set up for them. That 3 game stretch is their season. Win all 3 and their in the playoff. Lose any, and they're out. My only hope is they get better as they go a la Ohio state last season.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to Texas sucks, but if we manage to pull one out of our ass and run the table the rest of the way, it won't matter. We'd be in the CFP.
Err...I think we still need a wee bit of help.

There are still 10 undefeated teams ahead of us, and we don't get to shine in the final week of the season. Yeah wins over possibly 3 top ten/2 top 5 teams should give us some serious street cred, but it seems so far away having experienced the collapse last year...eh?

I don't see Clemson losing another game...LSU could be there as well...Ohio State should win out...that only leaves room for 1 and we'll probably be in competition with Stanford/Notre Dame but they play each other last week of season.

We control whether or not we'll be considered if everything shakes out in our favor.

One week at a time and regardless of how it plays out, we should be even better next year.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Occupant beat me to it.

Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, and Notre Dame are the issues for that somewhat wishful thinking

Cant see the committee not comparing the Texas results between ND and OU even when conditioned to ignore common opponents fallacy if it came down to those two teams.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, and Notre Dame are the issues for that somewhat wishful thinking

Cant see the committee not comparing the Texas results between ND and OU even when conditioned to ignore common opponents fallacy if it came down to those two teams.

I honestly see LSU losing to bama. Clemson probably wins out, but still has to play fsu. And as was stated, Stanford and Notre dame play each other. Nothing is guaranteed, but if we somehow won out I like our chances.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you, of course, are only looking at our one loss.

If we run the gauntlet and beat said two top 5/3 top ten teams we will have a better resume than any one-loss team out there. So we would get the nod over ND easily.

Who you beat will be taken into consideration as well as who you lost to...if the committee does their due diligence.

All speculation at this point. Too much football left.

If I were a texas fan, I'd worry about bowl eligibility at this point.