• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Something Different!! (What they are saying! vs. Seattle)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for my side, for the first time in more than a decade, the problem with the Seahawks winning a game right now isn't what the other team might do to beat us, but what we can do to win a game. We've been good enough to win any game for a long time, but right now, we have to be better than we are to do so.

We shouldn't expect to win a game unless it's against the Texans/Jets/Jaguars of the league. We're doing almost nothing good right now. Of course we have Russell, but it's become clear that even the golden boy can't perform at that level all by himself.

We're also actively losing key players (Carson, Tre Brown - another promising CB) in important positions so we're trending down in talent as the year goes on.

Our defense can't get off the field on 3rd down unless it's a final stand in the end zone after a 6+ minute drive, and our offense can't sustain a drive long enough to give them a rest, so we're very easy to wear down. We can't defend the 5-15 yard passes, so control the ball and convert 3rd downs and it's a pretty easy game plan. If you've ever heard of a screen play, we haven't, on offense or defense. Hell, we ran a fucking flea flicker last week... deep pass for a big gain, you might ask? No, it ended as a TE screen for a 6 yard loss. Frustrating to watch over here.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for my side, for the first time in more than a decade, the problem with the Seahawks winning a game right now isn't what the other team might do to beat us, but what we can do to win a game. We've been good enough to win any game for a long time, but right now, we have to be better than we are to do so.

We shouldn't expect to win a game unless it's against the Texans/Jets/Jaguars of the league. We're doing almost nothing good right now. Of course we have Russell, but it's become clear that even the golden boy can't perform at that level all by himself.

We're also actively losing key players (Carson, Tre Brown - another promising CB) in important positions so we're trending down in talent as the year goes on.

Our defense can't get off the field on 3rd down unless it's a final stand in the end zone after a 6+ minute drive, and our offense can't sustain a drive long enough to give them a rest, so we're very easy to wear down. We can't defend the 5-15 yard passes, so control the ball and convert 3rd downs and it's a pretty easy game plan. If you've ever heard of a screen play, we haven't, on offense or defense. Hell, we ran a fucking flea flicker last week... deep pass for a big gain, you might ask? No, it ended as a TE screen for a 6 yard loss. Frustrating to watch over here.
Each team has their challenges especially during the pandemic. While your team may be hard to watch currently, we have been hard to watch for decades. Sometimes it was never really about the field play, but how the organization was "winning off the field", that carried importance to our former GM. Seriously, let that sink in.
Good luck Monday. You have Russ, your win probability would be considerably lower without him.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did I say? Absolutely called it, because:

dennis-green-theyare-whoe-we-thought-they-were.gif

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say? Absolutely called it, because:

dennis-green-theyare-whoe-we-thought-they-were.gif
This game took 5 years off my life