• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Thoughts After the Jags Game

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaks easily had his best game to date. If he was in better shape he may have had a couple sacks. His play has deserved a ton of criticism; likely still will.

Terrance Smith doesn't belong on the field. It's unacceptable at every level outside of ST's.

Not feeling great about Houston being likely out and Kpass having a bum ankle going into a week you will need the passrush on the edge

Jax's taunting must be normalized somehow by referees. Pretty wild how much nonsense was going on between the two teams. That's their schtick, and it didn't matter in a blowout, but you can't help but think about the Bengals in the playoffs against the Steelers a few years back. In a closer game in the playoffs? Not a fan.

I am aware of a Jordan Lucas, but he has my attention whatever he is. Wouldn't mind benching Parker for him as soon as Berry returns, if and when that happens; man our safeties blow.

Hitchens needs to be protected by the scheme more somehow. Terrance Smith doesn't offer it, and Ragland definitely doesn't either. DJ's coverage ability was somewhat of an afterthought, but with how bad the Chiefs have been against RB's, it's impossible to not notice the gulf.

Armani Watts looked like a non-filler guy before getting hurt. Which... welcome to IR I guess.

Sammy Watkins is a big deal for this team up to this point

Tyreek vs Ramsey live was very interesting. Ramsey won most of the time, but Hill had a couple "wins" that could be backbreaking with an accurate throw at the same time. It would probably be fun to watch on All-22.

OL did an admirable job considering the opposition

Tardif seems like a guy you want to earmark an IRtR for. Pass pro has been a big plus on the whole and that needs to remain the case come the [likely] postseason.

That leaves one left for a group of players that includes Sorensen and Watts; Watts returning at a much later date.

Nelson was sticky, but sticky don't matter if you lose jumpballs; missed a pick falling down, albeit it was wildly inaccurate (thanks Bortles)

Bortles is probably the worst QB I have ever seen live that wasn't a college or HS QB. And maybe the worst performance relative to competition level I have ever seen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Watts made one of the key defensive stops in the game. Lucas as well.

Kelce had a great game against elite competition.

Agreed on Sammy Watkins being important. Conley is good but Watkins opens up the playbook in unique ways.

Hill and Ramsey are some of the best athletes alive. I'm sure they respect each other quite a bit.

I think the Patriots game is probably a lost cause unless Brady has a bad game. We'll see.