• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some stupid Patriots fans sue

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots fans sue NFL over lost ‘Deflategate’ draft pick

BOSTON — Seven New England Patriots fans sued the National Football League on Tuesday, asking a judge to reverse a decision by the league to strip the team of a first-round pick in this month’s draft over allegations of underinflated footballs.

In a lawsuit filed in Boston federal court, the fans contend that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell acted unlawfully when he took away two draft picks as punishment for the “Deflategate” scandal, in which the team was accused of manipulating balls to better meet star quarterback Tom Brady’s tastes in a 2015 playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts.

The Patriots won that game, setting them on the path to Brady’s fourth Super Bowl championship.

The draft is a key moment in the NFL’s year, when teams get a shot to pick up college players to strengthen their rosters. The most prized athletes are typically picked in the first rounds of selection.

The fans that brought the lawsuit — which alleges the league violated the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, the sort of charge typically levied against mob bosses — are residents of Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey and Florida.

Lead plaintiff and Patriots season ticket holder Todd Orsatti of Bristol, Connecticut, said in the filing that his 7-year-old daughter was so distraught by the league’s Deflategate decision that she will no longer come to games with him.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft reluctantly accepted the lost draft picks, the second set for the fourth round of the 2017 draft, as well as a $1 million fine. The team successfully challenged the NFL’s effort to suspend Brady from playing in the first four games of the 2015 season.

A New York federal court judge blocked that suspension days before the season’s start; the league since has appealed that decision contending that Goodell acted within his rights as league commissioner.

An NFL spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.

A 243-page, $2.5 million report on the allegations commissioned by the NFL found that it was “more probable than not” that Brady, now 38, had been “generally aware” that two low-level Patriots employees had conspired to take pressure out of footballs, which can make them easier to grip.

Brady and the team have repeatedly denied wrongdoing, contending that staff had not been instructed to inflate balls to less than the standard 12.5 pounds per square inch of pressure mandated by NFL rules.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the punishment for these types of lawsuits is to pay all the court costs and a night in jail.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they went back to work and .....
signsotp.jpg :lol:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Boston. Dunno what it is. Ever since I saw that baseball game where some guy leaned barely over to catch a foul ball and a fan chucked a pizza slice at him, I just hate that entire town. Overall most sports fans and people from Boston are pretentious douchebags. And if you're from Boston and thinking, "Really!? You're judging us on a couple of fans?" Yep.

Someone once told me, "Oh man, you totally gotta visit Boston." I replied, "Nah, not really." He stared at me for 3-4 seconds or so before I round housed him into an oncoming train. One of his douche ass Air Jordans 'derailed' into my hands and I donated it to a nearby homeless guy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying a fake report to use in court should fall under corruption. Good luck to these people. A poor little girl has been traumatized by rapist Goodell. He's such a dick.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like some lawyers found a couple of prime suckers for some quick cash

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ people.. GIVE IT UP! The Patriots aren't getting the draft picks back! MOVE ON!!! Making Pats fans look like idiots and assholes. No wonder everyone hates us!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ people.. GIVE IT UP! The Patriots aren't getting the draft picks back! MOVE ON!!! Making Pats fans look like idiots and assholes. No wonder everyone hates us!

I wouldn't put this on the Pats, or their fans...This one is on the lack of personal responsibility and common sense by many parents(and even non-parents) these days. This guy is suing because his 7 year old is "distraught" over a team losing a draft pick? really? Tell the kid to get over it!!! Maybe these parents should teach this kid what kinds of REAL problems people have in life to put things in perspective...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put this on the Pats, or their fans...This one is on the lack of personal responsibility and common sense by many parents(and even non-parents) these days. This guy is suing because his 7 year old is "distraught" over a team losing a draft pick? really? Tell the kid to get over it!!! Maybe these parents should teach this kid what kinds of REAL problems people have in life to put things in perspective...

We live in a sue happy society now a days. Also parents don't want to "disappoint" their children. But still, even to think about suing let alone doing it is ridiculous. The Patriots did something and got in trouble...They now have to face the consequences. What are we teaching kids? You don't like the punishment that you caused... Sue?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they any stupider than other teams stupid fans...

i

DeflateThisBrady_1444395930815_25010113_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We live in a sue happy society now a days. Also parents don't want to "disappoint" their children. But still, even to think about suing let alone doing it is ridiculous. The Patriots did something and got in trouble...They now have to face the consequences. What are we teaching kids? You don't like the punishment that you caused... Sue?

Agreed...The motto these days seems to be "When in doubt, Sue"...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
715.jpg

"I'll be with you in a second Juan Pablo... Just have to lock up... Don't want anyone breaking into my door!"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't directed at all Pats fans, but this pretty typical of many Pats fans and this board shows that...this stupid shit wouldn't happen with any other fan base.

On a brighter note, thank god for this little girl who is breaking the cycle. My guess is she is distraught over the fact that they cheated and then lied instead of owning up to it. Probably thinks Dad is a hypocrite from how he tells her she is supposed to act and thus refuses to go with him:

Lead plaintiff and Patriots season ticket holder Todd Orsatti of Bristol, Connecticut, said in the filing that his 7-year-old daughter was so distraught by the league’s Deflategate decision that she will no longer come to games with him.

and what a jackass and horrible parent this guy is to bring his 7 year old daughter into the middle of this bull shit.

Last edited: