• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some rookie player predictions

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this draft class...

Jamison will win the back-up RB slot and keep Morris fresh

Chris Thompson will have a huge impact in his "special" and 3rd down role

Reed will also have a significant impact for us

Amerson will show to be a "better" Richard Sherman over the next 2 years

also think the LB Jenkins sees significant time

think both Rambo and Thomas play, with one starting from day one (probably Rambo)

and I think we may see a "surprise" at WR.. with one of the UDFAs making a splash

Hail!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with all of that. amerson being better than sherman might be a stretch lol but hell yeah, i hope so.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the enthusiasm. However - please remember that a lot of these guys are mid-round picks. The whole idea is to pick as many guys as possible & hope that some of them stick long term. In all likelihood some of them will fall short. Only stating this so that some of the same folks who makes these predictions don't subsequently badmouth both the team & the Redskins if some of these guys don't play that well (which I hope never happens).

HTTR

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this draft class...

Jamison will win the back-up RB slot and keep Morris fresh

Chris Thompson will have a huge impact in his "special" and 3rd down role

Reed will also have a significant impact for us

Amerson will show to be a "better" Richard Sherman over the next 2 years

also think the LB Jenkins sees significant time

think both Rambo and Thomas play, with one starting from day one (probably Rambo)

and I think we may see a "surprise" at WR.. with one of the UDFAs making a splash

Hail!

Hee's mine:

Thompson will be PS or PUP bound. Jamison will make the team as a backup. Royster is cut.

Reed will initially play 7-10 plays a game that Kyle has drawn up specifically to isolate him on the LB. He'll end up with 20-25 receptions for the year with a healthy yds/catch figure of above 10. He will also have 4 TDs.

Amerson I have no idea. He could be a budding star or he could be DHall V2. I need to see him in preseason.

Jenkins will spell RAK and Kerrigan, but only play 8-10 plays a game. How's he going to get significant time, who is he going to replace?

Merriweather and Doughty start at safeties game 1. One of the rookies will replace Reed at some point early/mid year, but they both will see playing time in every game.

A surprise FA WR will make the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think jamison beats out helu . and to me that is who he has to beat out . helu has speed and some of the plays that morris got 5-10 yds on helu might get 20

dont get me wrong i like jamison but i think you have to play helu

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to imply that Helu wouldn't make the team. I agree, Helu will be a featured 3rd down back this year until he gets hurt (probably 1st game).

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think jamison beats out helu . and to me that is who he has to beat out . helu has speed and some of the plays that morris got 5-10 yds on helu might get 20

dont get me wrong i like jamison but i think you have to play helu
they drafted helu's potentialreplacement in thompson from FSU. scatback and homerun type of back. lots of competition for backup spots

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson is not Helu Replacement, Jamison is

they drafted helu's potentialreplacement in thompson from FSU. scatback and homerun type of back. lots of competition for backup spots

Thompson will play a special role.... in both running and passing game.. he is not competing to be back-up RB

Jamison and Helu will battle for the back-up/relieve Morris role... I believe Jamison will win.. Helu may or may not make the team... Royster and the others will be cut

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In you Redskins' fans opinion, is Shanahan officially changing his ways now with Morris? Or is there still a chance there could end up being, not necessarily a committee, but a sharing of the carries to an extent?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris will be the feature back. He'll get 80% of the touches. We have a couple of options on 3rd down where Morris will see more of a break this year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris will be the feature back. He'll get 80% of the touches. We have a couple of options on 3rd down where Morris will see more of a break this year.

Is he just not good at catching passes? It surprised me to see him involved so little in that aspect of the game last year, especially with a rookie QB.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he just not good at catching passes? It surprised me to see him involved so little in that aspect of the game last year, especially with a rookie QB.

It's not that, he is a one cut power back. He is not a make you miss, run away from you 3rd down kinda back. He's not going to often take it 70 yards, but he'll run you over for 30 yards.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson- will get plenty of playing time in 3 corner sets. He may start off in dime action on the outside though.

Reed- 20 to 30 receptions

Thomas- will start for us when Merriweather is injured.

Thompson- will get opportunities in the return game and an occasional touch elsewhere...if he is healthy.

Jenkins- will be in during pass rush situations only and Kerrigan may slide inside during those.

Rambo- starts week one at FS.

Jamison- PS

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Riggens will come back to you people are pathetic.

what ? :what::confused:

maybe you should stick to the miami board or go to the smack talk thread above

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ? :what::confused:

maybe you should stick to the miami board or go to the smack talk thread above

He cant dude. I figured it out. He is pissed at the Skins for trading up and taking RG3 and basically outbidding the Dolphins. I like Tannehill, and i think he will become a good QB. But i would be mad as hell too if my team had no shot at trading up and had to settle.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cant dude. I figured it out. He is pissed at the Skins for trading up and taking RG3 and basically outbidding the Dolphins. I like Tannehill, and i think he will become a good QB. But i would be mad as hell too if my team had no shot at trading up and had to settle.

i think he will get banned very soon then as he should :suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my prediction, also. He's not the brightest bulb in the bunch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions

Amerson: This guy will be a starter by game 10. He smartens up in the NFL and doesn't get burned trying to pick off passes... simply showing that he tried too hard to win games for his team in college. He's our starting corner by week 11 and racks up 3 ints.

Jordan Reed - He goes on PUP to start the season. He doesn't immediately show he is Fred Davis' replacement. 16 catches, 2 TDs.

Philip Thomas - Training camp will show what he can do.

Chris Thompson - Beats out Royster for 3rd on the depth chart. Roy Helu stays healthy and Thompson sees minimal seasonal action. 30 carries for 135 yds, 1 TD. 7 receptions for 100 yds 1 TD.

Brandon Jenkins - Stays healthy and occasionally flashes in training camp, and we all chant to get him reps. Racks up 3 sacks in situation pass rushing situations.

Bacarri Rambo - Starter from day 1. Has a solid rookie campaign. 55 tackles, 2 int, 1 FF.

Jawan Jamison - Practice squad.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson spends the season as the 3rd corner. Hall and Wilson will start. Both have expiring contracts so Amerson could start next year. He's a bit of a project IMO. 2 or 3 INTs on the year. But I also think he'll give up some big plays. Some bad habits they need to coach out of him.

Reed will be used in a lot of different ways to create mismatches, lined up at TE and WR. 20 catches

Thomas, Depends on Meriweather's health. Should see the field regardless but playing time may be limited with a healthy Meriweather. Think he'll be the primary back up to both safety positions.

Thompson, I think he'll contribute. Like Reed they will line him up in different positions and he'd also be a nightmare for defenses and provide new wrinkles to the read option plays. I think he gets around 5 touches a game. And may even line up in the slot at times. Think he'll get a lot of outside runs and swing passes his way. Maybe 50 carries and 30 receptions. He's my vote for biggest rookie contributor on offense. He may be 3rd on the depth chart but I think he and Helu split time in a rotation. But Thompson's speed and elusiveness is a weapon they'll try to be creative with.

Jenkins gets 2-4 sacks. I hope they find creative ways to get pass rushers on the field. Lots of depth there, would be nice to keep players fresh so they don't wear down.

Rambo, I think he will start as well. I'll go 70 tackles, 3 INTs

And I'll also go with Jamison on the practice squad.