• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Midseason Awards

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Grandal. Has pretty much led the team in OBP, SLG, and OPS the entire year (obviously walk rate and ISO too). He is only 2nd to Moncada in terms of WAR. He's our best defensive asset (towards the top or at the top of most defensive metrics on Fangraphs) and a huge help to our staff.

Cy Young: Lance Lynn. Slight nod over Rodon as he's passed him in most categories and has just been a tad more consistent as of late.

Pleasant Surprise/Comeback Player: Carlos Rodon. I always liked Rodon's stuff. It was just a matter of staying healthy. Let's all knock on wood that it remains that way.

What's a name for an award that I can give to Goodwin, Sheets, Burger, etc? The way these cast offs and minor leaguers have kept the ship afloat is so damn admirable. The little guys have really saved our asses.

Disappointment: Has to be Eaton, right? Hahn has done a lot of good things but reaching for Eaton when Joc Pederson and company wanted to come here was bad, bad, bad.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Grandal. Has pretty much led the team in OBP, SLG, and OPS the entire year (obviously walk rate and ISO too). He is only 2nd to Moncada in terms of WAR. He's our best defensive asset (towards the top or at the top of most defensive metrics on Fangraphs) and a huge help to our staff.

Cy Young: Lance Lynn. Slight nod over Rodon as he's passed him in most categories and has just been a tad more consistent as of late.

Pleasant Surprise/Comeback Player: Carlos Rodon. I always liked Rodon's stuff. It was just a matter of staying healthy. Let's all knock on wood that it remains that way.

What's a name for an award that I can give to Goodwin, Sheets, Burger, etc? The way these cast offs and minor leaguers have kept the ship afloat is so damn admirable. The little guys have really saved our asses.

Disappointment: Has to be Eaton, right? Hahn has done a lot of good things but reaching for Eaton when Joc Pederson and company wanted to come here was bad, bad, bad.
Hahaha, can't wait for Jiddy to opine on the first award you gave!!! I've already donned my internet flak jacket. Good call on Lynn, making sure you gave him a slight nod over Rodon, who would otherwise be as worthy. I'm with you in that I can't specify an award that we can collectively give for those vets and rooks who have performed admirably while we suffer thru all these freaking injuries. Yet they deserve some serious praise.

Not sure I can say I'm disappointed in Eaton. He basically performed exactly as was expected of him, based on recent performance and injury history. It was why I was dead set against his signing to begin with. Hate to beat a dead horse, but we should have gone with Eddie Rosario. While he's not lighting the stats on fire, he's a proven run producer and more importantly, stays healthy. He couldn't have been any worse defensively and the sad thing is he didn't cost Cleveland any more than what we paid for Eaton. Bonehead move on Hahn's part in what otherwise was a fairly successful offseason for him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Vaughn for rookie of the year.

Abreu for most inspirational

A Gold Glove to TA for an exceptional season in the field - he is way better than average this season.

Props to Goodwin for being what Eaton was supposed to be at a low price for wages.

Danny Mendick and Leuery Garcia for position flexibility and and grinding.

Kopech for secret weapon

Carlos Rodon for his Scott Boras goodbye tour in the grandest style possible.

Hendriks, Rodon and Lynn - for grunting during big moments like true men.