• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some fun facts of teams

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to know how much consideration the others got? Obviously I'm biased but New Jersey Devils is an amazing team name.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the New York Rangers were supposed to be called the New York Hockey Giants.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing those names for the Sharks Im convinced anyone could have a career in marketing. Even Blades isnt that good of a nickname.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Columbus should have gone with the Justice. It's a decent name. A lot better than the BJs. Even if the name sounds good (which the Blue Jackets doesn't), they should have thought about the shorthand nickname that all teams get.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think that the Sharks & Jets should play the soundtrack from West Side Story during their games with each other?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After seeing those names for the Sharks Im convinced anyone could have a career in marketing. Even Blades isnt that good of a nickname.

agree 100%

none of the alternate names make any sense! minnesota voyageurs? freeze? nashville fury? attack? san jose rubber puckies? screaming squid?

i guess the only positive spin is that they ended up picking the right names in each situation.

i remember when the avalanche were announced as a team. i thought to myself how the hell are they going to do a jersey and logo with that? sure enough they nailed it with color and the logo. you also have the nickname av's.

when a team moves to seattle i dont know if i will be happy or not with the name Sasquatch.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Read the New York Rangers were supposed to be called the New York Hockey Giants.

ranger fans already have a giant complex. actually would be pretty funny of a name considering how weak they have been for so long

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree 100%

none of the alternate names make any sense! minnesota voyageurs? freeze? nashville fury? attack? san jose rubber puckies? screaming squid?

i guess the only positive spin is that they ended up picking the right names in each situation.

i remember when the avalanche were announced as a team. i thought to myself how the hell are they going to do a jersey and logo with that? sure enough they nailed it with color and the logo. you also have the nickname av's.

when a team moves to seattle i dont know if i will be happy or not with the name Sasquatch.

I hope Seattle gets a team but not if they call themselves Sasquatches. That's minor league stuff right there.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ranger fans already have a giant complex. actually would be pretty funny of a name considering how weak they have been for so long

I can't speak for all Ranger fans, but the vast majority of the ESPN Ranger fans certainly had giant insecurity issues. You could tell a lot of them got trolled so much throughout the years that they started becoming @$$holes to everyone, even each other.