• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who are we keeping in FA

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWENTYMAN: A look at the Lions' 25 free agents 

I got Hyder, Bryant, Thorton, Charles, Bynes, and maybe Lucas. All decent backups and potentially a starter a DE or they split it.

WR/TE - I think we need to let the rest go and upgrade at those positions. Bolding slowed down dramatically in the last 4 weeks. Roberts disappeared and was unimpressive with the exception of a game or 2. TJ goes back to the PS. Maybe Billingsley gets a shot. We need another big WR and TE though.

DL - We need to let Walker go and possibly cut Ngata and add at least 1 potential star inside. DEs look good. Could bring in 1 more prospect.

LB - Need a star here too. Bynes is a decent backup. Whithead is an average MLB. Levy is an unknown and getting older. Williams has promise but still a little raw.

DB - Major step backwards this year. Lawson still has zero ball skills despite having exceptional cover skills. Diggs had a rough year. We definitely need to address CB. S might be good enough for 1 more year.

RB - Washington seemed lost. We may need another prospect. The other 3 will be good for next year. Could drop the FB and use that roster spot somewhere else.

OL - Need run blockers badly. Dont know if Swanson will play again either. Lots of wholes to fill there. Expect another draft with at least 2 OLs. We should try to grab 1 in FA too.

K/P/QB - No complaints.

What do think?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major step backwards this year. Lawson still has zero ball skills despite having exceptional cover skills. Diggs had a rough year. We definitely need to address CB. S might be good enough for 1 more year.

I'm willing to pass on CB and give Lawson a chance to improve his ball skills. Slay had shit ball skills and great cover skills his rookie year and improved upon those.

RB - Washington seemed lost. We may need another prospect. The other 3 will be good for next year. Could drop the FB and use that roster spot somewhere else.

I'm all for Dalvin Cook in Rd 1 if he somehow slips, even though he looks like a surefire top 15 selection.
Otherwise, just wait and hope to get lucky on a small school guy in round 4-5

LB - Need a star here too. Bynes is a decent backup. Whithead is an average MLB. Levy is an unknown and getting older. Williams has promise but still a little raw.

Zach Cunningham is all over the first round, him or Foster. Would probably choose Cunningham because of the long list of over rated Alabama LBers.

Offensive or Defensive line
Wouldn't be pissed at all if we spent money in free agency or a high draft pick. We have holes everywhere. Especially Rt and a DT opposite Robinson or a DE opposite Ansah.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for our free agents....

I would be willing to give Hyder a pay raise on a 2-3 year pact. Team friendly 3rd year.

Warford- Even though he got slapped a bit last year, I would be willing to bring him back cause he is still young and we have way too many holes at other positions. Don't want to overpay though. Average or slightly above average salary.

Bryant- Team friendly deal. Dude showed he could rush the passer from the DT spot.

Bynes, Bush and Taylor- Yes for sure, they shouldn't cost too much.

Fuck the rest of them hoes.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably tender Hyder(3rd round maybe?)
Try and re-sign Reiff before FA starts
Let Warford walk he wants to test FA and teams are going to be overpaying as usual
Would like to bring Boldin, Bynes, and Lucas back

As far as the draft the name i like the most that i've been seeing mocked to us is Jabrill Peppers he could play a hybrid WIL/SS. Later in the draft target a power RB maybe Samaje Perine or D'onta Foreman and a small DT with good hand technique there are always a couple good ones that slide because of being 6'1" or shorter and sub 300#