• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what year is the East finally going to be QUALITY?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're being truthful about it, the East hasn't been quality since MJ's era minus a few years in the 2000s. (Maybe 2-3). Thats almost 20 years of downright mediocrity

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever LeBron leaves and the Celtics stay healthy. LeBron is moving into a part of his career where he will be taking on a different role. I can't see many more years of this productivity coming from him. You can see the writing going on now, The Celtics/76ers are being propped to be the two dominant teams out East and will have many years of renewing their rivalry on the biggest stage.

Meanwhile out West, unless LeBron goes to Houston it will be Warriors until that group decides to break up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever LeBron leaves and the Celtics stay healthy. LeBron is moving into a part of his career where he will be taking on a different role. I can't see many more years of this productivity coming from him. You can see the writing going on now, The Celtics/76ers are being propped to be the two dominant teams out East and will have many years of renewing their rivalry on the biggest stage.

Meanwhile out West, unless LeBron goes to Houston it will be Warriors until that group decides to break up.
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to post.

Philly / Boston will be a good battle for the next few years and GS / Hou / Min (I still think they have potential) in the West.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think LeBron will still have 2 more years after this one as the best player in the league. AT LEAST 1 more.

after that its all up in the air. who knows--- he will be in uncharted waters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Cavs can add a good back court or wing player with their draft pick by trading it- and sign a decent mini mid level guy- if LeBron returns they will continue to win the East for at least another year or two.

getting a full year of having this team will help quite a bit. I mean- for shits sake they were starting lineups in the playoffs that they hadnt used all regular season. A full year of continuity alone will help immensely.

IF they could add a CJ McCollum or Kemba Walker or something like that I would feel just fine going up against the Sixers or Celtics and the Warriors have 1 more year until they cant possibly keep all 4 guys.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs can add a good back court or wing player with their draft pick by trading it- and sign a decent mini mid level guy- if LeBron returns they will continue to win the East for at least another year or two.

getting a full year of having this team will help quite a bit. I mean- for shits sake they were starting lineups in the playoffs that they hadnt used all regular season. A full year of continuity alone will help immensely.

IF they could add a CJ McCollum or Kemba Walker or something like that I would feel just fine going up against the Sixers or Celtics and the Warriors have 1 more year until they cant possibly keep all 4 guys.

Who would the Cavs trade for CJ? I'd be interested to see who the Blazers could get for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would the Cavs trade for CJ? I'd be interested to see who the Blazers could get for him.
of course start with the #8 pick and then basically whatever else they wanted.

it would be a play if they wanted to step back.

the problem is the cavs would have to send a lot of money back and the blazers wouldnt want it.

#8 and Kevin Love for McCollum and something else in a 3 way deal? there will be some options out there