• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So....we suck.....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up to get RGIII????

I don't think so. I would rather us compile picks, trade down a bit and take one of the big receivers. Take a quarterback or two later in the draft and let the Shannahans work with them.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Redskins board is alive. I would like to get RG3 but not if we have to trade away 2 or 3 drafts. If we dont have to sell the farm I say get him..nor brainer. If not I am with you 46, pick up Floyd or Jeffrey and pick up a QB later. Please no Foles..everybody on the Disney board is on the Foles bandwagon..Foles is a bum IMO. There is already chatter that the Bengals is a potential trade up candidate (for both of their 1st rounders this year or some other package)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Redskins board is alive. I would like to get RG3 but not if we have to trade away 2 or 3 drafts. If we dont have to sell the farm I say get him..nor brainer. If not I am with you 46, pick up Floyd or Jeffrey and pick up a QB later. Please no Foles..everybody on the Disney board is on the Foles bandwagon..Foles is a bum IMO. There is already chatter that the Bengals is a potential trade up candidate (for both of their 1st rounders this year or some other package)

yeah Foles is not very good, Russell Wilson seems like he has some development potential

either way though the quarterback position has to be addressed, you can't ever start Grossman again.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tannehill drops to the second round I think that would be a good option at QB. But I think we should get RGIII at all costs, the redskins have been lacking a leader on offense for quite some time.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Foles is not very good, Russell Wilson seems like he has some development potential

either way though the quarterback position has to be addressed, you can't ever start Grossman again.

Foles seems to be proving it at the Senior Bowl. We'll see how he plays, but everything I have read is that noone is very impressed. He may still be a second rounder when all is said and done, but we will see how he combines. Would not expect him to run well. If he doesn't throw well either at the combine and/or ind. workouts he may even slide lower. Not worth a 1st or 2nd IMO.

If Tannehill drops to the second round I think that would be a good option at QB. But I think we should get RGIII at all costs, the redskins have been lacking a leader on offense for quite some time.

Tannehill is very raw, but very athletic. IT will take him 2 or 3 years to become a NFL QB but will likely be #3 QB IMO. Hell he was a pretty solid WR, if he don't work out at QB could still be a possession receiver.

I would like to see them move up for RG3 but dont think they will have the firepower (especially if Cleveland wants him, and they are reportedly looking very hard at doing that). I think they will make an attempt to move down if they can't get him.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of the time i'd be against trading up, but this is the lone exception. I'll be so bummed out if the Skins dont get RG3. This has become a QB league. Skins are in desperate need of a franchise QB, and the dropoff from RG3 to the 3rd best QB in this class is just too big. And i think he fits Shanahan's system perfectly.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them move up for RG3 but dont think they will have the firepower (especially if Cleveland wants him, and they are reportedly looking very hard at doing that). I think they will make an attempt to move down if they can't get him.

What kind of firepower are we talkin about?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of firepower are we talkin about?

I would say a minimum of our 1st and 2nd this year and our 1st next year. Going strictly by draft points that would put us around the 2 spot. The key to RG3 is going to be Cleveland. They could give up their #4 and #22 this year (points would exceed what we would be offering), move up two spots to secure RG3, and the Rams would still be able to get their guy (Kalil or Blackmon). Unless Washington is prepared to give up something crazy (say 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd for the next 2 years) I don't see us having a great chance to get him. If Cleveland wants him bad, they will move up to get him. If they don't, we could be content in waiting at 6 to see if he falls (not a good idea, doubt that will happen) or move up to get him. IF (big IF) Cleveland picks up Flynn in FA..then we will be in the drivers seat.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's my wishful thinking, but i think Colt McCoy can be a pretty good QB for Cleveland. They just need to get him better playmakers.. Greg Little, Josh Cribbs and Mohamed Massaquoi are their WRs are you serious Cleveland. And Peyton Hillis looks to be done there so they could be looking for a RB. With Atlanta giving them 500 draft picks, i think they can build a nice team around Colt. If the Rams do trade down to the Skins, Browns could grab Blackmon with the 4th pick and then a RB with the 22nd pick to significantly help that offense. lol lets just hope their front office agrees.

RG3 to DC!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Huskers. :D

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys should hope that Manning becomes a free agent

because no one else in need of a QB can pay as much as you can.

and you even have money to bring in Manning's old crew

Wayne, Garcon, Clark, Saturday, and maybe even Mathis

plus whoever you draft at #6

instant super bowl contenders.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

except this guy is bat-shit crazy

shanahan_mug.jpg

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait..is this Boise or Tigerbait?? There has been alot of chatter about what you just said above ^^^. The early thoughts by the media is that the Skins are the frontrunners because the are like 30 mil under the cap..so they definetely have the $$$ to spend (and we all know Danny Boy likes to do that). I have not been an advocate of bringing Manning in up until now, I still am not if they have to give him the world on a long term deal. Up until recently, I also thought that his neck problem would put him at significantly more risk than anyone else (healthy) concerning a one and done, career ending injury. Apparently that is not true. With that being said, I officially have 1 foot on the PM bandwagon. I am just so iffy because of the Skins history with picking up older, veteran players in FA. McNabb, Haynesworth, etc.etc...I could go on and on. The fact is Luck and RG3 or the only 2 qbs on the draft that I would want this year and PM is the only one that I would want in FA. I would be an advocate of picking up several of those other veteran players as well (Saturday, Wayne, I think maybe Clark would be available as well??) If the Skins could do this, pick up several really good players in the draft they would be instantly improved and instant contenders. I would still like to see them move back in the first and get a combo of a very good CB, WR, and OT in rounds 1-2..