• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So this is our Sharks Stanley Cup WINNING Roster

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is true, although I wouldve like Nemo for JVR

That certainly would have been an interesting move but I think the Sharks would have needed a goalie coming back. It's a move that is a bit out of character for Wilson at the deadline. Depending on Stalocks recovery from his injury and what UFA's might be available it could be something he does in the offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Galiardi is more of a playmaker than a sniper. The Sharks already have one guy on the first line who doesn't like to shoot. Not sure how effective that line would be adding another.

I was more thinking of him on Thornton's line because he has speed and size. If he can provide a good forecheck, can dig out some lose pucks and then go to the net, that could help that line immensely. Knuble is not known as a sniper and he did really well on Thornton's wing (many, many moons ago). He was more of a garbage collector.

Also, no matter where you put Galiardi on the top two lines, there's going to be one too many playmakers. You put him with Couture and Clowe, you have the same problem.

Hell, McLeeloo will probably put him on all 4 lines within the first 4 games anyway. :heh:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more thinking of him on Thornton's line because he has speed and size. If he can provide a good forecheck, can dig out some lose pucks and then go to the net, that could help that line immensely. Knuble is not known as a sniper and he did really well on Thornton's wing (many, many moons ago). He was more of a garbage collector.

We'll see I suppose. Granted I haven't watched much of Galiardi since he went pro so my info is a little old, but I did see him play a few times back in 2008 (I think) when he played for Calgary in the WHL. He's a good pesky forechecker, but I really don't remember much play directly in front of the net from him. His goal totals throughout his career would seem to back that up as well. He might be able to dig pucks out of the corners, but I don't think he's gonna get many garbage goals. It would be nice if he proves me wrong and that's part of his game, because God knows the Sharks need more people willing to crash the net, but I'm not expecting anything like that from him.

Knuble definitely got his points from hard nosed blue collar work. In his prime his point totals remained consistent regardless of linemates or team. Would be nice for the Sharks to have a Knuble type player on the team no question about that. For any Sharks players reading this if you want to take up that role feel free to do so any time now. :p

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I that favors the Sharks is these three new Sharks are pending UFA/RFA and they went from a team out of the hunt to a team in the hunt. They are hard working type players and, who knows, that just might rub off on some of the other Sharks. One can hope.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Wilson mentioned after acquiring Winnik and Galiardi that he intends on them playing for the Sharks for "years to come." To me, that's a pretty good sign that he will re-sign both of these guys in the off-season. The fact that Galiardi and Winnik are best friends makes me think there is a good chance that they both stay beyond this season.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Wilson mentioned after acquiring Winnik and Galiardi that he intends on them playing for the Sharks for "years to come." To me, that's a pretty good sign that he will re-sign both of these guys in the off-season. The fact that Galiardi and Winnik are best friends makes me think there is a good chance that they both stay beyond this season.

They just interviewed Galiardi on the radio broadcast and he said Winnik heard he was traded first. When he told Galiardi, TJ said "Take me with you!" So, that's positive.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Galiardi being an RFA, he is pretty much a lock to return. Winnik being a UFA, I hope he is retained after this season. I love what he brings to the bottom six.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's that quote from Thornton about expecting them to show up at practice today holding hands?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Im sure Setoguchi wouldve liked to believe those words too lol