• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...TCU/WVU fans...

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the dolt with the juvenile handle.......:L

he kinda proved my point though. its all about public perception. mines is a great school, but not a lot of people know about mines and how good it really is.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt it great how you can cut & paste to mis represent a quote???

i mean it so obvious you forgot to take out the extra comma

this board is really dumbed down at times

well, when you post the IQ level drops about 30% so what do you expect?

I also love how you completely disregarded the part where you got owned and dismantled by Husker.

Youngun's like you just ain't anywhere near as smart as you think you are....

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he kinda proved my point though. its all about public perception. mines is a great school, but not a lot of people know about mines and how good it really is.

just because you don't know squat about Mines, doesn't mean it is not well known.

Mines has a world wide reputation that CU would love to have, believe me...

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because you don't know squat about Mines, doesn't mean it is not well known.

Mines has a world wide reputation that CU would love to have, believe me...

yeah so how come before going to colorado i was much more familiar with cu than with mines

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, when you post the IQ level drops about 30% so what do you expect?

I also love how you completely disregarded the part where you got owned and dismantled by Husker.

Youngun's like you just ain't anywhere near as smart as you think you are....

i love the part where you forget to realize that at no point on this board did i ever say that CU was better than mines.

you guys just lack reading comprehension

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because your knowledge was obviously limited?????

listen you can argue the point all you want but Mines is known world wide for the engineers it produces.

CU is a decent school. My bro has a law degree from there, but it just does not have the world wide rep that Mines does.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love the part where you forget to realize that at no point on this board did i ever say that CU was better than mines.

you guys just lack reading comprehension

you got pwned, period.

deal with it:laugh3:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because your knowledge was obviously limited?????

listen you can argue the point all you want but Mines is known world wide for the engineers it produces.

CU is a decent school. My bro has a law degree from there, but it just does not have the world wide rep that Mines does.

and i disagree with you 100% on this. pretty much every one of my family members went to college & i have 3 older sibling and went on all their college trips with them. i am more than knowledgeable on where the schools rank academically. mines was a bit of a shocker for me and a big part of it may be my east coast upbringing but i didnt hear much about them. maybe its because of the way they run themselves or maybe its a combination of being a mining school, & a small state school. i dont know but there is definitely a public perception that vastly under estimates this school.

before I got to CU boulder my attitude towards that school was similar to yours. i did not think CU had a major world wide rep. but after meeting a lot of foreign students & a lot of out of state students i did a complete reversal on that stance. talking to the internal students they kept talking about how it was the 32nd best university in the world. i had to stop myself and say "wait what". back home in new york when i said i was going to CU boulder a lot of my friends thought it was my in line with unc & michigan.

you can say im lying my ass off here but these are my personal experiences with this and after going to CU. 3 years ago i would have said you were right, but since then i have done a 180 on this point and thought that CU has a major network after going to the school.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got pwned, period.

deal with it:laugh3:

dude all i said was on the west coast coast which school are people more familiar with.

you are the biggest freaking dumbass on this board if you think that that meant CU boulder was better than mines.

its getting pretty tough to argue with someone so illiterate:L

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude all i said was on the west coast coast which school are people more
familiar with.

So, Colorado spent nearly 100 years in the Big 8 and Big 12.

Now, you are suggesting that 2 seasons in the PAC-12 has trumped 10 decades of networking elsewhere.

Even if you premise about familiarity was true (ITS NOT), you ignore 100 years of networking.

There is 10,000s of CU Alumni and networkers who only know Big 8/Big 12.

Only a tiny fraction of CU Alumni have strong association with the PAC-12.

That is like suggesting that Rutgers/Maryland grads should job search in the Midwest because of their familiarity with Big 10.

Once again, it makes ZERO difference. and less than ZERO sense.......

But, even if it made any difference, Colorado has 99% of its core networking alumni far more familiar with Big 8/Big 12 schools.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way John is getting beat down in this thread reminds me of a quote from Eddie in Vegas Vacation:

"I haven't seen a beating like that since someone put a banana in my pants and set a monkey loose!"

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude all i said was on the west coast coast which school are people more familiar with.

you are the biggest freaking dumbass on this board if you think that that meant CU boulder was better than mines.

its getting pretty tough to argue with someone so illiterate:L

you poor baby, you got pwned and you know it, just like you do in every thread you pollute.

props, dude....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread with John saying stupid shit.

shocked-face-o.gif

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Colorado spent nearly 100 years in the Big 8 and Big 12.

Now, you are suggesting that 2 seasons in the PAC-12 has trumped 10 decades of networking elsewhere.

Even if you premise about familiarity was true (ITS NOT), you ignore 100 years of networking.

There is 10,000s of CU Alumni and networkers who only know Big 8/Big 12.

Only a tiny fraction of CU Alumni have strong association with the PAC-12.

That is like suggesting that Rutgers/Maryland grads should job search in the Midwest because of their familiarity with Big 10.

Once again, it makes ZERO difference. and less than ZERO sense.......

But, even if it made any difference, Colorado has 99% of its core networking alumni far more familiar with Big 8/Big 12 schools.

you are freaking dumb dude. not only that, but you are outright lying or making stuff up which is why i highlighted them

1. CU doesnt only have more alumni in the pac12 than the old b12, the pac 12 has 3x the amount of CU alumni

for example there are 11 alumni chapters in the pac12 footprint compared to only 4 in the b12 footprint
Alumni Chapters and Affinity Groups | Where the mighty herd gathers

and if thats not enough let this one little stat sink in:
CU officials say athletics often can be a path for the university to reach out to alumni-donors because it's a way they stay connected. According to numbers the Alumni Association pulled, there are 36,000 CU alumni living in the Pac-12 states, compared to 11,000 in states from CU's previous league.

and if you want the ultimate proof of how much of an affect colorado changing conferences had on the schools alumni base:

Last fiscal year, CU raised $228.6 million in donations, an increase of 7 percent over the previous year and an all-time record

CU-Boulder aims to double rate of alumni giving by 2016 - Boulder Daily Camera

2. colorado has always been a westward leaning school.

thats why the b12 move never made sense for us. when we joined the b12 we actually saw A DECLINE in texas recruiting. we were the only big 12 school that happened too. we have always recruited in california and our 1990 national championship team was recruited almost entirely out of the pac10 blueprint. our current roster on espn list 49 players from california alone, 36 from colorado, and just 14 from texas.

3. we were never a traditional big 8 school

the 100 years of networking is a total lie

colorado was in the big 8 for only 49 years whereas the rest of the members except for osu were around for 85-89 years. we had nearly half the tenure as the rest of those schools

at the formation of the b12 colorado opted to join the b12 over the pac10 on a 5-4 vote. I hate to break it to you but colorado was never as closely nit with those schools as you think

colorado spent
49 years in the big 8
15 years in the b12

total: 64 years.......you are about 36 years off

colorado spent 39 years in 2 different conferences that contained fellow p12 member utah. colorado has a historical rivalry with utah that is more legit than any of their b8/b12 rivals. which reminds me, who was their go to in conference rival back then??????

you said:
i say: they were never networked in the b12 to begin with, this school has always been westward leaning and has always debated about going west. the alumni numbers & recruiting number prove this

you said: That is like suggesting that Rutgers/Maryland grads should job search in the Midwest because of their familiarity with Big 10.
I say: not every move is the same. those were moves where RU & MD left their already established alumni base's. with colorado it is the complete opposite. we will only become more & more west coast orientated as time goes on. i always felt that colorado was trying to force the b12 thing and be something that we simply are just not (a texas/midwestern school). the p12 is gonna do wonders for our school in terms of brand exposure, alumni, facilities, and academics. i saw this move as a huge win for colorado and signaled the start of some major growth/change to come forward.

now if you are gonna make bogus & totally false claims about my school: i will wipe the floor with you every single time.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you poor baby, you got pwned and you know it, just like you do in every thread you pollute.

props, dude....

^^^^
biggest dumbass ive seen on the hoop

if you have to resort to making up something i said <== odds are i owned you

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really hope horns has the balls to actually own up to the massive lies he tried to spew.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^
another bama fan who cant handle the truth that his team has a redneck fanbase

Who gives a shit if their team has redneck fans?

Fact of the matter is, you NEVER know what the hell you are talking about. You are a shit poster who brings the quality of the entire forums down.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit if their team has redneck fans?

Fact of the matter is, you NEVER know what the hell you are talking about. You are a shit poster who brings the quality of the entire forums down.

im an awesome poster who raises the IQ average of the whole board.

when you speak the truth as often as I do of course im gonna get haters like you.