• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So stupid it made me laugh.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is dumb. The OP basically argues that the definition of a TD pass ought to be changed in order to prop up his boy. If I were interested in arguments like that I would read the politics forum.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are so fu.... stupid... Who cares ?????? Movin on

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part is when he claims he "could care less" about Manning set to break that TD record. If that's the case why all the number crunching and long post whining about what essentially amounts to a style of offensive play? His use of the word "flaw" indicates his football ignorance. Deep passes are not the only legitimate way to score touchdowns and they all count for the same number of points on the scoreboard.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we really did not win that many games. Everyone knows if the pass is 10 yards or less through the air it doesn't count.

Patriot fans are why I hate the Patriots. There are so many that feel they deserve the SB every year. I especially get a giggle when they say Peyton is old and not long for the football world. I guess they ignore the fact Brady is only 1 year younger.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a few pages of that thread (slow day at the office) and some of those guys have some interesting ideas about Manning and football in general. But to be fair, a few others sound like very intelligent fans and are critical of that OP's argument. Every team has good fans and idiot fans.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what his argument will be if Manning finishes at the same pace he's going right now? That would be well over 51.

The TD record plus a SB ring would really be nice. But I'm getting ahead of myself there. Still a lot of Football to be played, and some luck to fall our way.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like arguing that a Home Run isn't a Home Run because it landed in the first row and not the 25th......

People have way too much time on their hands these days.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, some of the people in that thread were arguing that Manning is stat padding by throwing more in the red zone, whereas the 2007 Pats would run the ball for touchdowns. The 2007 Patriots had 17 rushing touchdowns that season, and right now the Broncos have 16 rushing touchdowns. So much for that idiotic argument. Thanks for the laugh.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost makes you wonder how the Pats were held to 14 points in that SB.

[YOUTUBE]5lk-wWUQKBg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah could only make it through about 5 pages of that crap. There were some intelligent posters who actually called out the OP on his stupidity but it did seem the majority were trying their hardest to find a way to discredit Manning and what this Bronco offense has done this year. This is where realizing that not every offense in the NFL is exactly the same is very important. The Patriots that year had the best deep threat in NFL history on their team so yes it makes sense that they would go deep on a more regular basis. The Broncos have some great possession receivers in Decker, Thomas, Thomas, and Welker so there again it makes sense to just work it down the field 5-10 yards at a time then take the chances when they are there. To me this type of offense stands a better chance in the playoffs than what the Patriots had in if you can get to Tom Brady and take away his deep throw then you can contain that offense. Now for the Broncos even if you have a good pass rush Peyton can get rid of it faster than any other quarterback in the NFL and then take a few shots here and there when they see the opportunity.

Plus look at the last few weeks as those screens and short throws early in the season are forcing teams to play closer to the line of scrimmage which has now opened up the deep throw big time. Plus the whole argument of the Broncos throw it on the goal line is total crap. The Broncos had two goal line rushing touchdowns yesterday so if he was really padding his stats why aren't they throwing on those plays? Why are they 2nd in the NFL for rushing touchdowns? Plus throw in the Broncos have had I think 3 goal line fumbles by the running backs this season so they should actually be in first in both rushing and passing touchdowns this season.