• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Pretty much our draft has been a bust....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 (26) - Marcus Smith, OLB, Louisville - Grade F Brandon Grahams play has made this a wasted pick
2 (42) - Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt Grade C+ I expected far more, I think he should have put Cooper on the bench by now.
3 (86) - Josh Huff, WR, Oregon Grade D - However I still think this kid can play
4 (101) - Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida Grade F
5 (141) - Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon Grade F
5 (162) - Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford Grade F
7 (224) - Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin Grade B - Clearly the best Value in our draft!

Very disappointing thus far.
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/5/10/5702606/nfl-draft-results-eagles-beau-allen-wisconsin

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what was expected from the group. We all knew that Smith was a reach in the first round. Matthews has been okay but I wasn't that high on him to start with. A rookie WR being hit or miss in a offense like ours is not shocking. Huff was a reach in the 3rd round imo. After that we got a special teams player in Watkins and a rotation guy at NT in Allen.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was a reach ....at this point, it's more than fair.

Kinda hard for me to judge Matthews with Foles misfiring. Same with Huff being hurt.... he looked good till he coughed the ball up.

Watkins, Hart were rotational from the start. We're caling 4th and 5th rounds picks bust inside of year one, now?

I wasn't expecting much from Reynolds. he was a 6th rounder on top of not being around for all of camp.

Allen is a bonus.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was a reach ....at this point, it's more than fair.

Kinda hard for me to judge Matthews with Foles misfiring. Same with Huff being hurt.... he looked good till he coughed the ball up.

Watkins, Hart were rotational from the start. We're caling 4th and 5th rounds picks bust inside of year one, now?

I wasn't expecting much from Reynolds. he was a 6th rounder on top of not being around for all of camp.

Allen is a bonus.

The words I'm missing is "SO FAR"
That is what I meant. We have gotten very very little through 7 games from our draft picks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you added that. With any draft you need 3 years to look back on it.
Let's at least wait til next season to be fair. I for one think that with Gamble and Donahoe in the scouting dept., we have good scouts.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to draw such a conclusion. We're not even 1/2 way through the season.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to draw such a conclusion. We're not even 1/2 way through the season.
Conclusion??? It's a fact bro! SO FAR....This draft has been a bust. Our draft picks have done little to help this football team THUS FAR!

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it a weird draft........and I THINK......many did. I don't see Huff being ANYTHING special.... never understood the pick.

Smith was certainly a reach with the WR's still on the board.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see others realizing what some said from the get go. It sucked from the get go.

As far as people saying, "so far" and "what did you expect"...Well you can watch football every week and you see ROOKIES starting and making contributions to their teams. It gets old seeing it year in and year out.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Latimer (Indiana U.) was a guy that I predicted the Eagles would pick in the 1st round, since the top pass rushers were gone. Anthony Barr was the guy I wanted them to move up for, but it wasn't realistic to give up 2 #1's to get him. As far as CB, that was the position we should have gone for. It remains to be seen if Matthews or Latimer become a star. Latimer is slightly faster than Matthews. We'll know more by year 3. Huff was strictly a Chip pick. I love Chip because he is smarter and sharper than most coaches, but he defintely loves his Oregon guys. As we know - time will tell!

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was never a big fan of any of the picks. I was ok with mathews, and he looks like he'll be an amani toomer, or jake reed kinda player.

Marcus smith is not a pass rusher. He got away with using his speed vs slower college tackles, and frankly most of his sacks came from blown assignments in college. He has no aggressive tendencies, no hand fighting, no moves, no lean around the edges, no ability to get off blocks or seal the edge. I just dont get what they saw in him outdide of his inflated sack numbers.

Hart, huff were homer picks by chip. He needs to cut tgst Spurrier shit out. It isn't personal, we need the best players in here, not the most familiar.
Beau allen, COULD be a steal, but they need to teach him some gap discipline. Every time the ball carrier passes his nose, he turns and runs and leaves a cut-back hole the size of texas. Hes a great prospect for a 6th round pick though.

Livewire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to early to call this draft a bust. A few weeks ago everybody was praising Matthews for his two touchdown performance. Now he is a bust?

Last year some were saying Ertz was a horrible pick and he was a bust half way through the season. Now he is one of the best up and coming young TE's

I am not saying the draft is great or won't be a bust but not sure how you can determine that this early

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think judging a draft halfway through one season is kind of silly.

If you are saying, it did not produce any impact players though--that's fair to say. Other than Matthews and Allen no one is really contributing so far.

I'm concerned about Marcus Smith being a bust, and I think the Eagles are too. The fact they moved him to ILB tells you they are concerned he may never develop as an outside pass rusher. He has good athleticism and cover skills, and may shift inside for good, but I think he lacks the physicality needed to be more than a situational LB inside.

Some of the other guys, well, jury's out IMO. Watkins may still develop. He was a fourth rounder who played safety most recently in college and is a projection to corner. He was never going to be an impact player.

Hart is not playing in part because another Oregon homer, Brandon Bair, outplayed him. But he still looks like a guy who might get into the mix and be a decent role player on the DL down the line. I have not read anything negative on him like, say, Marcus Smith.

Huff is a pick I hated on draft day. I think he was a major reach. That said, I think he can be a role player too. I think he needs to play inside where Matthews is playing, and Matthews needs to replace Riley Cooper. Hopefully that happens, because I think it would help both Matthews and Huff, but probably not until next season.

If you want to play hindsight 20/20, we should have taken a safety with that first rounder, like Deone Bucannon or Jimmie Ward, who went to the Cards and Niners later in the round. With Nate Allen sucking, we could sure use one of those guys right now.

At WR, we took Josh Huff over Donte Moncrief. That's probably going to look pretty silly long term. It looked silly on draft day. Moncrief has a shot to be a #1 receiver. Huff will be a career #3 or #4 receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not really hindsight if we are constantly right on these picks, and our team keeps getting it wrong.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many would have considered Bucannon a reach in the first too. But fact is, Arizona took him there, he is starting and had a nice breakup on Ertz in the end zone to help beat us last week.

He was a reach who looks smart in hindsight. Smith and Huff, not so much right now.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matthews just needs more targets. I get the feeling Chip is using him much. I expected Watkins and Reynolds to be decent.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley roby would have been nice.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with Matthews, Huff, Watkins and Allen.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this draft has done next to nothing for us thus far.:agree: