• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. Now that The "Macho Man" is in.........

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the Biggest name that will get inducted in Dallas in 2016?

I think JBL will be inducted

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I know Nash is deserving but it kind of pissed me off that the Macho Man wasnt the main event inductee of the night.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? The WWE HOF is a joke. They dominate the industry so too many non-WWE guys never get any due while some mediocre talent often slips in.

They do let in talent from outside but they pick and choose who they want. If you have crossed McMahon and not wrestled in the WWE then you have no chance.

Just another problem with WWE dominating the industry.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also I know Nash is deserving but it kind of pissed me off that the Macho Man wasnt the main event inductee of the night.

Supposedly they always like to have a living inductee as the final inductee of the night so the show doesn't end on a sad note. Regardless of the order Macho Man was the star of the class

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who is the Biggest name that will get inducted in Dallas in 2016?

I think JBL will be inducted

Taker/Rock/HHH/Sting are all potential headliners if any of them are ready to retire from in ring competition. Maybe Kurt Angle or Jericho but they seem like just a notch below headliner status in terms of starpower

Since it's in Texas The Freebirds will probably go in.

Rick Rude is now in the Macho Man spot as the best guy not in the Hall for political reasons

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? The WWE HOF is a joke. They dominate the industry so too many non-WWE guys never get any due while some mediocre talent often slips in.

They do let in talent from outside but they pick and choose who they want. If you have crossed McMahon and not wrestled in the WWE then you have no chance.

I disagree with the crossed McMahon and never in the WWE part. With the inductions of Bruno, Macho and Madusa having heat with Vince no longer seems to be an issue. And, in recent years they've inducted the Original Sheik and several Japanese wrestlers who never appeared in the WWWF/WWF/WWE to name a few off the top of my head. Oh and Kevin Von Eric who never wrestled for Vince or his father.

Do they pick and choose, of course. It's their HOF, they can put in who they want when they want. It's not like there is some independent body voting on this or anything.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, they really went long on that deal, maybe they dont need to bring in so many each year. Kinda sucks when the front row is half empty for the last few.

Shawn Michaels was incredible, Nash, blunt and honest and actually believable. 3 year contract, 10 events, at 150 per explained why he made that jump. Lot of guaranteed contract explanation from that.

How about that wrap that Madusa was wearing and how about that still tight waist from driving a monster truck?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry Zybsko.

Nuff said

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the crossed McMahon and never in the WWE part. With the inductions of Bruno, Macho and Madusa having heat with Vince no longer seems to be an issue. And, in recent years they've inducted the Original Sheik and several Japanese wrestlers who never appeared in the WWWF/WWF/WWE to name a few off the top of my head. Oh and Kevin Von Eric who never wrestled for Vince or his father.

Do they pick and choose, of course. It's their HOF, they can put in who they want when they want. It's not like there is some independent body voting on this or anything.

I will admit that they have done a better job in recent years to try and incorporate the rest of the wrestling world but the fact remains that a jobber like Johnny Rodz gets in as well as a bunch of very good but not great professionals get in (like Arnold Skaaland, JYD, Tito Santana, Bob Armstrong, Ernie Ladd, Nikolai Volkoff, Bobo Brazil, etc. etc.) while true legends like Strangler Lewis, El Santo, Giant Baba, Frank Gotch, Bruiser Brody, Tiger Mask, Mando Guerrero, Lou Thesz, Jim Londos, Buddy Rogers, Rikidozan, Antonio Rocca, The Destroyer (original), Billy Robinson, Giant Baba, etc. etc. all are ignored up to now.

It seems to be more of a matter of pandering to the public ignorance and putting in guys from the most popular eras. If the WWE is ever going to be anything more than a joke in my eyes than all of these wrestlers I have listed (and more) need to be inducted.

Again, it is more of a problem because the WWE is basically representing the entire industry at this point and their choices, while notably slowly improving historically in some areas, are biased both to their own product and era.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit that they have done a better job in recent years to try and incorporate the rest of the wrestling world but the fact remains that a jobber like Johnny Rodz gets in as well as a bunch of very good but not great professionals get in (like Arnold Skaaland, JYD, Tito Santana, Bob Armstrong, Ernie Ladd, Nikolai Volkoff, Bobo Brazil, etc. etc.) while true legends like Strangler Lewis, El Santo, Giant Baba, Frank Gotch, Bruiser Brody, Tiger Mask, Mando Guerrero, Lou Thesz, Jim Londos, Buddy Rogers, Rikidozan, Antonio Rocca, The Destroyer (original), Billy Robinson, Giant Baba, etc. etc. all are ignored up to now.

It seems to be more of a matter of pandering to the public ignorance and putting in guys from the most popular eras. If the WWE is ever going to be anything more than a joke in my eyes than all of these wrestlers I have listed (and more) need to be inducted.

Again, it is more of a problem because the WWE is basically representing the entire industry at this point and their choices, while notably slowly improving historically in some areas, are biased both to their own product and era.

That is very valid point

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with Rude being the biggest name not in that should be in...

This is a frustrating statement because I just listed a dozen or so (and could list at least a dozen more) who historically are FAR more important to the history of the "sport" than Rick Rude ever was. I really liked Rude and thought he was an excellent wrestler but, again "Strangler Lewis, El Santo, Giant Baba, Frank Gotch, Bruiser Brody, Tiger Mask, Mando Guerrero, Lou Thesz, Jim Londos, Buddy Rogers, Rikidozan, Antonio Rocca, The Destroyer (original), Billy Robinson, etc. etc."

The WWE HOF is currently a joke. They are trying to add a wider representation of the history and different locations but they are currently far behind. Until they catch up they shouldn't just keep adding the guys that just happened to fall in the most popular era.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the era put Vince in position to basically take over pro wrestling so of course it's going to be heavy with guys from that era.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This agree with what was stated above. The WWE HOF is a giant joke.

Arnold Schwazenegger is in............................What? Did he gues host once? Was he in someone's corner one match in the 90s? Or was it because wwe was promoting his new terminator movie coming out this Summer?

Mike Tyson is in it...............because he was apart of DX for a moment..

Booker T is in it..........

Drew Carey is in it.....

Mr. T is in it....

Rikishi is in it...???? Why because he feuded with the rock and Austin during the attitude era? If rikishi is in where is Scotty 2 Hotty?

And then there are guys who are still just recently retired who are in it such as Edge...really? Already? Should be a minimum time from the ring before you're allowed in. But how was edge in before guys like Nash and Savage!?

WWE should have made the HOF extremely exclusive...almost rare for someone to get in...but they went a much different route.

I wonder if wrestlers actually see the HOF as legit career goal or just some silly thing Vince put together

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely okay with Booker T in. Multi-time world champion, One, of a handful, of the only African-American world champions. Multi-time tag team champ with Stevie Ray and Goldust, etc, King of the Ring, long career of relevancy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely okay with Booker T in. Multi-time world champion, One, of a handful, of the only African-American world champions. Multi-time tag team champ with Stevie Ray and Goldust, etc, King of the Ring, long career of relevancy.
I think booker should be in it....eventually. Little early for him to be in over some other greats who have yet to be inducted.

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am leaning toward agreeing with you, there. At the time, it did seem quick/early to me.