• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, my mancrush for this year is...

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Paradis. I just spent the better part of the morning doing research on the kid and all I can say is I am walking away impressed. Now, the video I was watching is more than just a highlight film, it showed a lot more than the plays where he just dominated. You can definitely see why he gets the labels smart, hard working, tough, and over-achiever. He has good pad level and does not bend at the waist often. Instead of letting bull rushers move him backwards, he tends to make them move to the side by using their momentum, instinctive on when to get off of a block to pick up a blitz, recognizes blitzers rapidly, recognizes when teammates need help and also passes off blocks clean, knows when a player is out of the play and then gets to the next level, does not stop till the whistle is blown.

His knocks are his strength, which I do agree with and even though he does not have a whole lot more room to grow, he definitely can improve as he is only 23 and is starting the years where he can really start packing on muscle in an NFL weight room. Also, his athleticism, which I do not get. He was on par or better in everything than Weston Richburg in drills at the combine, with the exception of the 40, the first center taken in the draft. In fact, Paradis beat him pretty soundly in the 3 cone drill and the 20 yard shuttle. Then to take into account that he is kinda still learning the position after being converted from DT after his freshman year and I am sorry, I love this pick in the 6th round and think we may have gotten a huge steal here. Will Montgomery and Manram should both be fearing for their jobs at the moment, this kid will out work them for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you are right about Paradis and that your crush is reciprocated!

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though TD, my name for my FF team this year will be "Take me down to Paradis City"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't researched this kid much. I've heard some decent things considering he was a 6th round pick. If he can win the starting spot all the better as Ramirez played pretty decent last year for us. Always good though to get competition at every position possible. I honestly think the OL will be the most intriguing camp battles as there are 3 positions of LG, C, and RT up for grabs right now. Franklin will start at one of them but just not sure which one.