• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So long Talib

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th rounder just got weaker

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect we will be doing some trading coming up. We have a ton of picks.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate everything that Talib brought to our Broncos. He was awesome in his time here. Now get the hell out.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for all parties involved. The Rams are loading up on defense and look like they’re going to be a force this year. Talib gave us some good service and I’m glad he’s going to a contender. I’m glad we got a 5th rounder pick in exchange. We all wanted more but be realistic: everyone knew we were about to cut him.

How much does this free up in our cap?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for all parties involved. The Rams are loading up on defense and look like they’re going to be a force this year. Talib gave us some good service and I’m glad he’s going to a contender. I’m glad we got a 5th rounder pick in exchange. We all wanted more but be realistic: everyone knew we were about to cut him.

How much does this free up in our cap?

$11 million.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib was a gamer - loved his play on the field. I hope he doesn't pack his gun in the move to LA.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player for us.

That being said. We are lucky to get a 5th with his cap hit.

Hate to see him go, hard to get rid of a pro bowl cornerback, but I understand it also.

He, Ward and Ware really changed our defensive around... What was once a weakness with a great offense became the reason we won a SB. They totally changed our physicality. We went to one of the softest to the most physical defensive (well us and Seattle), and it landed us a great moment of winning a SB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver did Talib a solid. They wanted a pick next year not this year but Talib only wanted to go to certain teams. Rams and Pats were two. San Fran was not one of this teams. Had Talib been opened to more teams, Denver could have gotten better value.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is a good player, but he tends to do stupid stuff. The fights with Crabtree, and poking Dewayne Allen in the eye come to mind.

This might be one of those things where it is better to get rid of a player a year or two early the a year or two late.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be one of those things where it is better to get rid of a player a year or two early the a year or two late.

And while unpopular among fans Elway did a great thing by getting rid of TJ Ward at the exact right time.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while unpopular among fans Elway did a great thing by getting rid of TJ Ward at the exact right time.
TJ was one of my favorite players before he came to Denver but I agree it was the right time. Simmons was great this last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't exactly call Simmons "great" this year. He is trending in the right direction but he has a ways to go in coverage before we call him great.

I would actually argue that Elway got rid of Ward at the wrong time.

Right before the season, D seems to lack some leadership this year which Ward was.. Not quite the fire after he left. He didn't play great in Tampa, but he also didn't really fit in with what they wanted to do with him.

I'd have waited until the season to cut Ward, I think the loss of Ward this year was way bigger then most fans try to play it off.

That being said, it was a good learning year for Simmons, and Ward wasn't going to be night and day difference of getting us back to the playoffs, but the D did lost some zap/fire without him and left many of his teammates scratching their heads.

There was a good and bad to it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't exactly call Simmons "great" this year. He is trending in the right direction but he has a ways to go in coverage before we call him great.

I would actually argue that Elway got rid of Ward at the wrong time.

Right before the season, D seems to lack some leadership this year which Ward was.. Not quite the fire after he left. He didn't play great in Tampa, but he also didn't really fit in with what they wanted to do with him.

I'd have waited until the season to cut Ward, I think the loss of Ward this year was way bigger then most fans try to play it off.

That being said, it was a good learning year for Simmons, and Ward wasn't going to be night and day difference of getting us back to the playoffs, but the D did lost some zap/fire without him and left many of his teammates scratching their heads.

There was a good and bad to it.

I think the timing was pretty bad. Didn't give Ward the chance to get used to his new team or them to see the best way to use him and upset a lot of players for the Broncos losing a guy they really looked up to and helped set the tone for the defense. He was the guy when they were struggling that seemed to get everybody's heads back into the game. This year we didn't see that ability. They would have a big play happen against them early and would never be able to recover. So I would agree that while talent wise it was time for Ward to go...leadership wise it hurt.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the timing was pretty bad. Didn't give Ward the chance to get used to his new team or them to see the best way to use him and upset a lot of players for the Broncos losing a guy they really looked up to and helped set the tone for the defense. He was the guy when they were struggling that seemed to get everybody's heads back into the game. This year we didn't see that ability. They would have a big play happen against them early and would never be able to recover. So I would agree that while talent wise it was time for Ward to go...leadership wise it hurt.

BINGO.

Just didn't seem like a good move with our current team a week before the season started.. Just didn't make sense to me. I would have understood it much better after this year, although he was a FA after this year so instead of releasing would have just let him walk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO.

Just didn't seem like a good move with our current team a week before the season started.. Just didn't make sense to me. I would have understood it much better after this year, although he was a FA after this year so instead of releasing would have just let him walk.

That is why this whole Talib situation is so much better. Broncos were nice and traded him where he wanted to go and even took less than what they were offered from the 49ers to help make him happy. That should help other FA's then looking at the Broncos go "hey they treat their players better than some organizations out there." I look at teams like the Redskins that are getting a very bad reputation and it showed last year when a lot of FA's avoided them. So good move on the Broncos part to stay civil with Talib as he is a big voice around the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, always depends on the player you're dealing with.

Talib signed here at a time we REALLY needed him. We need his physical style to get our D to the next level and win a championship. He did for us what we needed. Well liked by his teammates. (Kayvon is pumped he is joining him in LA). I think it was a nice gesture of us. He did all the things we asked of him (yeah he had some stupid penalties and the gun incident off the field) but he did a lot more good for us then bad. As a pro bowl CB and one of the best CB's in the league when we signed him who could have gone elsewhere (maybe even for more money) I think he deserved us to treat him like this going out.

When we signed him I remember thinking it would be for about 4 years. 5 would have been nice, but 4 great years.

I feel like all 3 of those guys we brought in during the same year Ward, Ware and Talib, did exactly what we needed out of them and it got us another ring. What else more can you ask?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, always depends on the player you're dealing with.

Talib signed here at a time we REALLY needed him. We need his physical style to get our D to the next level and win a championship. He did for us what we needed. Well liked by his teammates. (Kayvon is pumped he is joining him in LA). I think it was a nice gesture of us. He did all the things we asked of him (yeah he had some stupid penalties and the gun incident off the field) but he did a lot more good for us then bad. As a pro bowl CB and one of the best CB's in the league when we signed him who could have gone elsewhere (maybe even for more money) I think he deserved us to treat him like this going out.

When we signed him I remember thinking it would be for about 4 years. 5 would have been nice, but 4 great years.

I feel like all 3 of those guys we brought in during the same year Ward, Ware and Talib, did exactly what we needed out of them and it got us another ring. What else more can you ask?

Absolutely nothing. And yes for all those guys I will be nothing but appreciative for their time here in Denver and helping give me at this point some of my favorite memories of the Denver Broncos. They will go down as osme of the best FA signings in team history at least in my opinion. I think letting him go now was the right move but it will definitely hurt us next year.